Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1k Black Templars
Old 11 Jul 2009, 12:12   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default 1k Black Templars

Hello Everyone,
I am building my first ever Black Templar army list. I'd love some input. I will be playing 1000 points vs. Eldar. Let me know what you think and please feel free to make revisions as you see fit. Thanks!

[size=14pt]Army Name: Black Templars [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

[HQ]

HQ 1: The Emperor's Champion: 140
- Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Odds

HQ 2: Marshal: 122
- Holy Orb of Antioch
- Terminator Honours
- Bolt Pistol
- Power Weapon
- Frag Grenades

[hr]

[TROOPS]

Troops 1: Crusader Squad (10 Initiates and 4 Neophytes): 225
- Power Fist
- Meltagun

Troops 2: Crusader Squad (9 Initiates): 222
- Power Fist
- Meltagun
- Rhino Dedicated Transport
- Smoke Launchers

[hr]

[HEAVY SUPPORT]

Heavy Support 1: Land Raider Crusader: 290
-Blessed Hull

[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 999 [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

Pigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2009, 15:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Wild
Default Re: 1k Black Templars

First correction would be the Crusader Squad. Can only have 10 Initiates. That's all I got at the moment.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 15:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

Second correction, the Emperors Champion doesn't take up a HQ slot, and can only have 1 vow, not two

drop one of the vows, and spend the points on either artificer armour for you reclusiarch, or an adamantime mantle, which protects him from instant death, the power fist makes you slow, and the Eldar are very fast,i would exchange that for a regular power weapon unless you intend to punch tanks to death and take furious charge if you can, that way you can match or beat the Eldar Initiative value. i might also suggest taking a Marshall instead of the Reclusiarch, that way all your crusaders are Ld10, and i find Crusader seals are useful aswell, as you are going to want to move as quickly as possible.

Can you post the Eldar list aswell if you have access to it, that way we know what your faceing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2009, 15:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Wild

The Emperor's Champion vow is Accept any Challenge, no Matter the odds. That's the full title.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 16:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Personally i don't see the point of the Crusader, its overly expensive and Eldar Bright lances can easily take it down(There is a upgrade to stop this i think), and it is a quarter of you points taken up. I would rather use a Drednought or Predator and that would free up around another 100 points to be spent else where such as another rhino or some more troops as you are quite low on numbers as it is.
Would help more but can't find my brothers Black Templar Codex.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 21:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

Actually the Crusader is one of the best tanks to use against Eldar, because of there built in Blessed Hull, that means that the majority of Eldar AT weapons are only Glancing on 6s. but the point about it being a point sink in a game this size is valid. Id suggest a Predator Anihilator with Heavy Bolter sponsons.
Quote:
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Old 11 Jul 2009, 22:39   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Would a better choice be scrapping the Crusader for an Assault Squad? And giving the Chaplain a jump pack to accompany them? Or should I stick with some form of Heavy Support? And what is everyone's feelings on drop pods?
Pigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2009, 09:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Some heavy support would be useful, especially if the Eldar have some vehicles aswell, just watch your rear armour because they are fast.

Assault Squads are usefull, but without seeing the eldar list cant say if its worth replacing the Crusader with them, i would say not.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 14 Jul 2009, 16:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigz
And what is everyone's feelings on drop pods?
Personally I love them and always incorporate them into my BT army but then again I run a nearly pure CC army at 1000pts. That and I don't like being shot up while I try to march across the field either on foot or in a rhino.

First pod contains EC and Sword Brothern, Second has a CC 10 man squad + flamer +PW, Third drops an mix of CC and bolters +flamer + PW (haven't made up my mind yet to go completely CC or bolters as of yet) and I deep strike in a large Assault squad all toting Melta bombs OR group of termies W/ Chain fist. Most Armies are kind enough to group their tanks so that my assault squad/termies can assault at least 2 of them in the following round.

If you were looking to spread confusion you could always load EC and a 9 man crusader squad into a DP. Should definitely draw attention one way of the other to the EC and squad OR land raider. You'd most assuredly throw some chaos into your opponents strategy.
NikoTeen is offline   Reply With Quote