Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000 Point Tourny List, "Versatile" Space Marines. Any help is appreciated!
Old 24 May 2009, 00:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 2000 Point Tourny List, "Versatile" Space Marines. Any help is appreciated!

Hey Guys. So my local hobby store is having a 2000 point tournament coming up, and this is basically for anyone who lives in town, and wants to play kind of deal. Because I don't know who will be showing up, so I tried to make the list as well rounded as I could. So the list is as follows, and any "constructive" criticism is welcomed.

2000 Points even

HQ:
-Librarian:
Epistolary, Force Weapon, Terminator Armour, Combi-Plasma, Psychic Hood

-Chapter Master:
Artificer Armour, Relic Blade, Boltgun, Grenades, Iron Halo, Melta Bombs

Troops:
-Tactical Squad:10 man
Missile Launcher, Flamer, Boltgun/Bolt Pistol, Power Armour, Melta Bombs, Grenades, Sarge has a Power Weapon

-Tactical Squad:10 man
Missile Launcher, Flamer, Boltgun/Bolt Pistol, Power Armour, Melta Bomb, Grenades

-Scout Squad:5 man
Sniper Rifles, Missile Launcher, Scout Armour, Grenades, Camo Cloaks,

Elites:
-Terminator Squad:5 man
Power fists/2 Chain fists, Power sword, Storm Bolter, Terminator Armour

-Sternguard Squad:5 man
Power Armor, Boltguns, Special Issue Ammo, Grenades, Combi-Plasma, Combi-Melta, Melta Bomb

-Dreadnought:
Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer/Close Combat Weapon, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers

Fast Attack:
-Vanguard Veterans:5 man
Jump Packs, Plasma Pistols, 2 Power Weapons, 2 Plasma Pistols, Bolt Pistols, Chainswords, grenades, 3 Melta Bombs

Heavy Support:
-Thunderfire Cannon:
Gunner has Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Servo Harness, Grenades

-Land Raider:
2 Twin-Linked Lascannons, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight

-Vindicator:
Demolisher Cannon, Storm Bolter, Siege Shield, Smoke Launchers, Searchilght

I think I have a good mix of anti-tank, and anti-horde, but is it competitive enough? Any input is appreciated.
Old 24 May 2009, 14:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: 2000 Point Tourny List, "Versatile" Space Marines. Any help is appreciated!

Terminators need a special weapon. They are good, so not taking one is an unnecessary waste. Siege shield on the vindicator is points filler; the points are better used for a multi-melta on the Land Raider. You also need to pick the Librarian's powers when you create the army list.

In what role do you want the chapter master to fulfill?
Domitian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2009, 14:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 2000 Point Tourny List, "Versatile" Space Marines. Any help is appreciated!

Sorry, I forgot to mention the powers, they are Null Zone, and the Avenger, because he pops out of the land raider to roast and assault things. And and I don't have any Terminator Special weapons, because I bought the AoBR box set. And the multi-melta on the land raider? Was it supposed to be in the box, or do I have to proxy it? The Chapter Master is kind of a bait unit, as I'll put him just out of the way so as to bring him closer, or deep-strike a unit that could be doing something else. I also have good luck with orbital bombardment, as out of the last five games, It has either hit, or rolled very low on the scatter roll.