Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Blood Angels 1000 points list
Old 16 May 2009, 14:51   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Blood Angels 1000 points list

Hi all, I haven't played Blood Angels since second edition but they were my first army and i'm in the mood for modelling a small force so i've dug out all my old Blood Angels stuff and all the unpainted marines i've got laying around and am just putting together a small force on paper before I break out the paints and glue and hit the store for extra parts I need.

[size=14pt]Army Name: Blood Angels Assault Team [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

[HQ]

HQ 1: Chaplain
- Jump Pack

[hr]

[ELITES]

Elite 1: Death Company - 3 free + 2 purchased
- Jump Packs

Elite 2: Scout Squad - 5 models

Elite 3: Terminator Squad - 5 models
- assault cannon

[hr]

[TROOPS]

Troops 1: Assault Squad - 5 models
- Power Sword
- Plasma Pistol

Troops 2: Assault Squad - 5 models
- Power Sword
- Plasma Pistol

[hr]

[FAST ATTACK]

Fast Attack 1: Bike Unit - 3 models
- Power Sword
- Melta Gun

[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: (1000) [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

All in all it comes to just shy of 1000 points and i'm looking at a small chaplain lead assault team as the idea behind this force with a scout group up ahead and a contingent of terminators waiting to teleport in where needed.

A big factor in this list has been what models I have to hand in my tub of bits waiting to be assembled and painted, but i'm considering either forking out for a box of assault terminators to replace the standard terminators or dropping them and the scouts altogether and going for 2 extra 5 man assault teams in the troop section making it a full jump pack army with a bike squad backing them up.

Any comments/criticism would be greatly appreciated before I start work on the actual models.
Koll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2009, 15:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Blood Angels 1000 points list

I've found that five man units, while helpful for maximizing your Death Company, are too easy to take apart by either a dedicated shooting or dedicated assault unit, but at 1000 points it might not be a problem for you. I also don't like Scouts in BA lists since they aren't scoring and are generally not effective enough to justify using them as a point saver. My recommendation: Drop the termies and scouts, put in a 5 man Tactical Squad to hold your closest objective, and either give them a missile launcher or multi-melta, or give an assault squad a power fist. I haven't calculated the points for this, though, so that probably leaves a little room for more wargear.
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2009, 15:23   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Ditching the Termies and Scouts gives me just over 300 points to work with. If I get a tac squad for a multi melta/missile launcher it'll have to be 10-man minimum as you can only take one of those weapons for every 10 men in the squad. That being said i'd have enough spare points to get them and upgrade my assault sergeant weapons to Power fists instead of power swords.

I do have 3 land speeders sitting on the side that I haven't put in an army up to this point, given the points costs I could put all 3 of them in this list and have enough points for another 5 man assault team if I ditch the terminators/scouts.
Koll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2009, 03:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ghk. I forgot about that limitation. That's what I get for giving advice without checking my codex. :

If you want to just use a 5 man Tactical Squad, then a Land Speeder with a multi-melta can fill the role of anti-tank. If you already have Scout models and want to use them, then you can get the Tactical Squad and Speeder by dropping the Termies alone and you still have a few points for wargear, so you could give your sergeants meltabombs as a cheap alternative to using power fists for anti-tank. My personal biases aside, the Scouts in the BA codex are still BS4, so they might be more effective than I give them credit for.
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote