Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Yellow Jackets a 1000pt Space Marine Army
Old 23 Mar 2009, 03:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default The Yellow Jackets a 1000pt Space Marine Army

I have 1 1/2 AOBR and 5 assualt marines sitting around so I thought I would break down and build a Space Marine force for 1000pts. Essentially I'm not looking for any thing more than this and am just looking for a well balanced pick up gaming army. I'm very happy with the Elites, and the troops but it my HQ and my assualt squad that I cannot finialize. Here is are two list that I came up with. The only diffence being my HQ. My overall thought is that the troops can work together and form gun line or break into combat squad if or when needed. The dreadnaught can support them. The Termi can deepstrike or act as a fire magnet while the Captain/Assualt squad act as a flanking unit. THoughts ideas and or Critisim are welcome.

HQ
170 - Space Marine Captain: Jump Pack, Artifice armour, & a Pair of Lighting Claws

Elites
200 - Terminators x 5: Sgt with Power Wpn
105 - Dreadnaught: Multi-melta & DDCW with Stormbolter

Troops
195 - Tactical Squad x 10: Flamer x 1, Missile Launcher x 1 & a Sgt with a Powerfist.
195 - Tactical Squad x 10: Flamer x 1, Missile Launcher x 1 & a Sgt with a Powerfist.

Fast Attack
135 - Assualt Squad x 5: Flamer x 1 & Sgt with PowerFist

Total: 1000

or

HQ
170 - Space Marine Captain: Jump Pack, Artifice armour, Power Sword & a Storm Shield

Elites
200 - Terminators x 5: Sgt with Power Wpn
105 - Dreadnaught: Multi-melta & DDCW with Stormbolter

Troops

Fast Attack
135 - Assualt Squad x 5: Flamer x 1 & Sgt with PowerFist
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2009, 16:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: The Yellow Jackets a 1000pt Space Marine Army

Ok at work thus I cannot edit my post so sorry about the double post. Anyways, was hoping for some feed back but maybe I should be more specific. I'm currently at a lose on how I should kit out my HQ and Assualt Sgt. I do know that I want my Space Marine Captain to have a jump pack so he can help support the Assualt Squad. I figure since all my other units have Powerfist and or some range anti tank, that my Assualt squad can forgo on the slow but powerful powerfists. I also want to take advantage of my Space Marine Captain's Initiative. So I'm think about the following ideas:

Option 1
Space Marine Captain: Jump Pack, Artifice armour, & a Pair of Lighting Claws
Assualt Sgt: Jump Pack, & a Pair of Lighting Claws

Option 2
Space Marine Captain: Jump Pack, Artifice armour, a lighting claw & a Storm Sheild.
Assualt Sgt: Jump Pack, & a Lighting Claw & a Storm Sheild.

Option 3
Space Marine Captain: Jump Pack, Artifice armour, a lighting claw & a Storm Sheild.
Assualt Sgt: Jump Pack, & a Pair of Lighting Claws

All of these options leave me with 5pt left over.
If I however limit my assualt sgt to 25pts in upgrades I can buy a flamer for the squad. Really just looking to solidfy this so I can start modeling the squad up. Some input from some Space Marine Vets would be great.

So what does it take to get a reply on this board? Wow is all I can say...I thought the Chaos boards were quiet at times.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 00:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

Option 1. More Lightning Claws=More better.

In the original 2 lists, the first option is a dead winner. The P-Wep/Stormshield combo is a waste on a jump pack captain. You lose hitting power and number of attacks for a slight save boost.

With the three options, youre doing a little better, but if youre gonna take LCs, in my experience, it's always better to have 2 of them.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 03:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks jordon for the help on the Captain. Going with what you suggested should I then go with my assualt sgt having a powerfist and the squad having a flamer or go for duel lighting claws and no flamer?