Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Needed an outside opinion for this space wolves list
Old 17 Mar 2009, 20:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Needed an outside opinion for this space wolves list

I was playing with a family friend and his son, and some of his buddies the other night.

The space wolves player happened to be new to the game, and we were introducing the buddies to the game, letting them get their moneys worth.
I was helping make the list for the space wolves and wanted your opinion of the list. (mind you, I dont play space wolves but this was at a gander.

HQ

Wolf guard battle leader
-Runic charm, terminator armor, frag.
Wolf guard
-3 wolf guard, terminator armor, charm talisman

Troops

6 grey pack
-Plasma gun, frags.
6 grey pack
-Plasma gun, frags.

Elite

Scouts
-4 scouts, frags

(I had a hard time compensating for the 500 pts, and the foot slog. We were thinking of using a dready for a rhino, but I figured a lone 6 man squad wouldnt hold its own against a concentrated tau blast.)

we went LATD/space wolves vs tau and blood angels (me being LATD, since family friend plays tau)

we ended up clearing the blood angels, but got whittled down by the tau 300 pt hq squad drone of death.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 22:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Needed an outside opinion for this space wolves list

At that point level i would drop the body guard from your HQ and give your scouts a melta gun. Try and give each of the grey hunter packs either a power weapon or a fist.

What weapons did you give the battle leader? A Storm shield with lightning claws is really awesome choice as is the wolf pelt.
space wolf bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2009, 06:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I had a very limited selection at the time. Considering, I could understand the power weapons, but why drop the bodyguard completely? surely two six pack squads, a squad of scouts, and a hq wouldnt last long even against non plasma fire.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2009, 05:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Mostly to free up points for wolf guard leaders for each squad and toss in some power weapons. Maybe not all of em but droping 2 body guards total and then just adding them to your squads or something.
space wolf bob is offline   Reply With Quote