Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Thats a mighty big dreadnought!-2k batrep with pics
Old 02 Mar 2009, 05:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Thats a mighty big dreadnought!-2k batrep with pics

Just to prove a point about balance. i did a 2K game against a khorne player and had him bring along his warhound titan.

The titan used the original imperial armor rules(not apocalypse) that were written for normal game play.

As such it costs more than it's apocalypse version, has a minimum range and the guns are far less scary(no D strength weapons) except for that super-sized 72" ranged heavy 10 twin linked assault cannon(vulkan-mega-bolter)with rending

In order to get it in his army he had to loose 3 defilers, and 2 terminator squads. laving him with kharn, 2 berserker squads in 2 land raiders.

Here is how the game went-

Game-
2,000 points
mission-kill points
deployment-12"

my list-
panzer brigade-

MOTF, sniper scouts, tacs, assaults, 3 venerable leas/missile dreads and 3 podding ironclads

Turn1
Khorne went first, which mostly was him trying to take out some dreads(and failing) and moving up his raiders.

My turn 1 i roadblock his raiders with drop pod assaulting ironclads and manage to melta both to death stopping his advance cold.
i also plinked away at his titan which he managed to get a cover save for by hiding behind the only tall ruin on the table.

Turn2
Blood for the blood god with a little armored steel in between i suppose ad he took on my ironclads. his titan plinks away at my dreads. and vapes my assault squad.

In my turn kharn finaly kills the ironclad he is fighting while the other holds the berserker squad to my left, i plink away at the titan, i brought the shields down a few times during the game and even with the on board tech marine only being able to fix 1 per turn on a 5+(normal rules) i never really got farther than that.

Turn3
kharn goes after my nearby scouts, but fails to make assault, his titan rends the heck out of a dread and literally "dis-arms" it, his other berzerkers are still playing with the ironclad on my left.

Finally my last ironclad comes in, i send it to support the dead to my left. my venerables go after an easier target and help thin out kharns sqaud before they can make the assault.

Turn4
Not much of a surprise here but kharn alone survives the massacre of the scouts and then goes into hiding. he decides to go after easy KPs and nails a drop pod wit the titan.

I have little to shoot at, my tacs are hunkered down in the fortified building with the forge master my venerables that can shoot are taking shields off the titan and my last ironclad joins the battle on my left

Turn5
kharn is hiding like a little girl, so it's just the titan VS my venerables and my venerables survive(omnisiahs blessed re-rolls!)

combat continues on the left. i now have 2 ironclads, both immobilized in CC with a lone surviving berserker sarge with a fist. he manages to survive the entire game.

Games ends-

End results-
panzer brigade-
scout squad-lost
ironclad dread-lost
assault squad-lost
drop pod-lost

KP given-4

Khorne-
land raider X2 lost
berserker squad-lost

KP given-3

Victory-
khorne

It was a good game and re-enforces the fact that using the imperial armor rules written for normal games, titans are not nearly the game imbalancer people think they are. had it not been for the one large terrain piece giving cover saves, i likely could have killed or severely damaged it under the IA superheavy damage table. in-fact i think the units he had to remove to get it would have been more effective in his army list for the points.

Some pics-

Old 02 Mar 2009, 05:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to flamedrag
Default Re: Thats a mighty big dreadnought!-2k batrep with pics

Shouldn't this be in the Battle report section?

Salamanders: 8 Wins, 5 Draws, 9 Losses
flamedrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2009, 20:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Forgeworld rules are overpriced so the models provide more fear than actual damage though they're still really strong.
Nice warhound but doesn't look as tall as i thought it would compared to drop pods.
jimmy_mymail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2009, 05:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Nice battle report and the pictures were good too. I think the most amazing thing that happened though is in the background of one of the pictures there is a woman playing??
Old 03 Mar 2009, 08:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave to Vengeance
Nice battle report and the pictures were good too. I think the most amazing thing that happened though is in the background of one of the pictures there is a woman playing??
actually there were several doing necromunda on another table.