Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tanker Marine Army - Please submit ideas to tweak existing.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 03:26   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Tanker Marine Army - Please submit ideas to tweak existing.

Does anyone have a marine army with heaps of tank as heavy options?

I've seen a few with 3xWhirlwinds but am looking for a viable alternative to a Dev Squad and my usual 1500pt Army Structure would allow a few more Heavies if I were to delete the Devs. ANY IDEAS?

Army Currently looks like:
-HQ
Captain with Relic Blade and Digi Weapons (140)

-Elite
Termies x5 (200)
Dreadnaught with M.Melta, S.Botler and P Fist (105)

- Troops
Tactical sq with Melta and H Bolter.
> Razorback TL H.Bolters (40)
Tactical Sq with Flamer and Missile (170)
> Rhino (35)
Scouts x5 inc H.Bolter and Serg with T.Homer & M Bombs (105)

- Fast
Assault Squad x10 inc Serg with P.Fist (215)

-Heavy
Pred Destructor inc auto Cannon and 2x H Bolters (85)
Devestators x10 inc 4x Missiles (230)

TOTAL 1500
Welshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2009, 13:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Tanker Marine Army - Please submit ideas to tweak existing.

Honestly, I've seen 2x Vindicators work wonders. The redundancy means if they do take one out you'll have a second one to continue shooting away. If the opponent is having a bad day, you can potentially keep both alive and killing the entire game. And it's going to cost you about the same as the Dev squad. The range will be less but two big bohemoths of template doom will hurt anything.
“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember." - Acting Brother-Capitan Alric of the Grey Knights.
GKTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2009, 19:26   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Cheers GKTermie,

I really like the idea of the 2xVindi's Fits really well with the points and has a better 'feel' to my Imp Fists army (real fluffy) than most other options. I was considering a Razorback load-out or even three Destructor preds... but the Vindi's are a real nice fit. I'm very excited about the 2x BIG Pie plate, S10, AP1, Ordnance potential!

I haven't used Vindi's much however, I would be interested to see how the scatter/half strength for missed shots works vs armour. Should I load-out the squads with More anti-tank to compensate?

I'd also probably stick the Dread in a drop pod (delete rhino) to counter-act the range issues along with Deep-striking Termies incase a Guard/Tau/Eldar want a stand-off. Any other ideas to tweak when I do take the two Vindi's?
Welshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2009, 21:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

If your taking regular terminators you can load one out with the Cyclone and still benifit his Storm bolter, plus you can drop two small plates for anti-infantry. This would give your terminator squad a 2 shot tank killer just in case. Furthermore you could drop the rhino, and add lascannons to your Razorback, couple that with the Meltagun in the tac squad would give you a combat squad capable of killing tanks out of the razorback, or just a light tank for harrasment while your Tac squad kills things.

Alternativly you can keep the rhino, and remember that you have a fire point you can use to drive by kill tanks with the melta

Drop pods rock, if you can do that it's a nice way to drop something big on anyone.
“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember." - Acting Brother-Capitan Alric of the Grey Knights.
GKTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote