Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep] Those Derned Orks! 1850 BRep w/pics
Old 18 Jan 2009, 12:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default [BatRep] Those Derned Orks! 1850 BRep w/pics

So I got a game in the other day, finally! Using my new salamanders, here's the report:

Points were 1850 Each.

I played a sallies list, while my esteemed opponent had an Ork bike/Tank list

(This will be from the ork Perspective first)

There tha boyz were. mindin' their own buisness when some green beakies showed up sportin' a spiffy new wagon. Boss Grimfang and Big Mek Bob merely drove over to check it out when the sneaky oomies krumped 'em up over the head...

First,the wagon that started all the fuss.

Tha boyz drive over to check out the greenies... (Deployment, he got first deployment and so the orks tried to hide! Silly greenskins...your all in tanks!)

Boss and his boyz round the corner and catch a demolisher round right in their collective grills. Tha Nobz are too 'ard to let that slow them down, and shrug it off. They pop the silly gun wagon and get jumped by some termis. (he tried to blow my Vindi to bottleneck the Redeemer behind it and keep me from getting to him! However he caused a Pinning 6 instead, and blew it up in his face...hence the crater Terrain in the background of the bikers)

The green wagon rolls over and out pops some oomies sportin' these spiffy big choppas.

Tha Nobz try their best, but being natural pacifists, are unable to krump the hammer boyz. The beakies put the beat down on poor Grimfang. (Don't tangle with the Sallies! or you'll get the hammer!)

Some boyz come over to see what all the fuss is about and are rudely dakka'ed at by some more beakies.

(in reality these orks were running for the hills after taking a severe beatdown from 2 terminator squads...Though they do look like they're putting their arms up as if surrendering! orks...crazy bunch)

In an effort to check out the spiffy wagons motor, a couple of trukks try to roll up into the terrain the wagon sits in.

(** in all actuality, he was trying to roll up on the the land raider and hit it with a couple of wrecking balls. Notice the dice. Damned immobilized reults...*** 2 1's on the dice! Hotdamn good luck for me! Not that inferior orkish tech would have destroyed a blessed vehicle such as The Anvil!)

(from the ork Player, such a great sport)So, tha boyz get a boot to tha head for all their efforts. Being a friendly bunch, imagine the suprise felt by the orks when the beakies put a krumpin' on em merely fer lookin' at their wagon. This injustice will not go unpunished! Ya hear us ya stinkin' oomie! When we put our trukks back together and find out where our looted wagon ran off to, and pick Old Grimfang up out of the mug and wipe the footprints off of him, we'ze gonna krump ya good! **shakes Powerfist defiantly in thee air**

(from my perspective, ;D )

See what really happend was this....

The Salamander's 3rd Company, having been commandeered by the great Forgefather Vulkan He'Stan, was out on an expidition. You see we belive that whenever we find the last missing artifacts of our chapter the glorius Primarch Vulkan himself will return to us and right the wrongs done to Mankind.

However after gaining rumors of a powerful artifact from the preheresy ages, Vulkan came to check it out...and what did we get? Jumped!

These orks came out of nowhere, their wagons pumping black and oily grime into the air, obsuring our ability to scout the site. Their hooting and hollering making it impossible to keep transmissions up and maintain coherency over the site, and therefore claim our prize. Worst of all, this Warboss and his biker Nobz came from nowhere and attacked our poor scouts who were merely digging a hole! Now, we normally would love a chance to cleanse the foul Xenos scum of the green tide from the galaxy, but today we were merely digging holes. The rest was a sad chain of events:

Vulkan ordered a warning shot fired across the "bow" of the orks, so naturally (since we love fire) our Newly commissioned Redeemer "The Anvil" Leashed it's holy fires across the ork bikes. Now we know that no little bit of fire would hurt an ork! but lo and behold, whatever Big Mek they found to build those bikes did a HORRIBLE job of it, because they all exploded (with the help of some thunderhammers and the like)...now of course the other orks blamed us for this terrible accident, and proceeded to muk up our dig site further with all their nasty Rollers and Wrecking balls. In an effort to defend ourselves, we killed them all...

Except for that looted Wagon...now where did that get off to? *Hefts Thunderhammer*

Bring on the Tide! The sons of Vulkan shall never turn from a fight and will, as always, cleanse the area with Blessed Promethium, and the Almighty Melta!

Burn the Heretic, burn the Mutant, bur the Xenos scum!

Enjoy
-Knight
“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember." - Acting Brother-Capitan Alric of the Grey Knights.
GKTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2009, 16:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Those Derned Orks! 1850 BRep w/pics

Nice Bat/Rep! The story is cute and the pictures are good. I also like that you didn't post so many pictures that it chrashed my browser .
Grr! Here is a new word to express my anger:

#$@£&#\*%#@^€£@
Gaahrneedtokill

Life is a basket of crazed, flesh eating weasels.
>
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewiththeface
my friend had a teacher on a test after getting 49 question right, he got the 50th wrong and the teacher wrote "C-c-c-c-combo breaker-r-r-r" next to it.
Notanoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 05:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: [BatRep] Those Derned Orks! 1850 BRep w/pics

Nice Battle Report. I enjoyed the 2 different perspectives and the little story line.
Also i think you have a nicely painted army.
lemon-green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 16:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Snazzy report, enjoy your cookie that I gave you... a while ago.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 04:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Those armies look real nice.
the_vilest_worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 11:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks everyone! The armies are nice (lol) Mine would be better if I could finish painting all the green! -_o I'm repainting my entire army into salamanders so it's slow going..for now. As it stands I have about 1200 pts actually painted.

The ork Player is a great opponent, he's fun and loves to paint and model, you can't really see it but his Looted wagon is made of a WW2 tank kit, its funny. Otherwise his stuff is very characterful for any 40K player. Great times.

The only reason I feel I won this game was the fact he was in battle wagons (just cause he built and painted them...he's gonna use them Dammit!)

all in all a good game, I'll post up more Reps from this weekends tournament after I take home the gold =P
“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember." - Acting Brother-Capitan Alric of the Grey Knights.
Old 22 Jan 2009, 00:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

One thing with the camera work is to take more wide shots of the complete table. I like the photos you have, but I'd like to see more of what's happening.
Old 22 Jan 2009, 21:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

The store actually took the pics, not myself, and they wanted to focus on the Painted minis since only half my army is painted.
Old 23 Jan 2009, 04:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

That's cool. Finish up, it's looking good.