Heavy Support 1: 10 man devastator squad: 305pts
- 2 missile launchers
- 2 lascannons
- rhino

[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1500pts [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

I favour a shoooty style of play, prefering to be quite static and blast my enimies into little pieces. the tactical squads are the main body of the army, and are kitted out to fight in combat squads, so that they can assault objectives with flamers and meltaguns and still hold thier own at long range. I chose the heavy weapons I did so that tau and orks can be fought with heavy bolters and I can use missile launchers to frag gaurd and take out marines and 'crons with krak missiles. the devastators are going to fight in combat squads as well givving me an anti-tank fiebase and have some missile launchers in reserve for tanks or infantry. I love sterngaurd as they are very effective against most enimies (4.44 orks compared to a tacticals 4, 3.55 tau to a tacticals 3.44. thats compared to a tactical kitted out to take on the specific race in question) and can deal with irritating speciality enimies like eldar rangers and high toughness low save foes. the captain and his assault marines are a cross between a distraction (once the enemy has finished shooting them to bits I should be in postions to shoot them to pieces), a hunter unit (S6 power weapon wielders with 3+ invulnerables were made for fighting special charectors and monsterous creatures) and a counterattack unit (when orks are close to my lines finding themselves flamered and assaulted they don't ussually recover well)

comments and suggestions would be really helpfull, thanks in advance
shaso kunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2009, 16:46   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to sparky
Default Re: 1500 point angels phoenician list

A very solid list. The only thing i would change is drop the assault squad and captains jump pack and replace with drop podding dread with multi-melta. (but that's only cause i enjoy messing with ppl's minds)
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2009, 10:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to shaso kunas
Default Re: 1500 point angels phoenician list

I just wanted to use the mandatory HQ unit for some benifit. a drop podding unit would be good in dividing the enemy but if I did drop a dread it would be a suicide run and I don't think thats particullarly fluffy
shaso kunas is offline   Reply With Quote