Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Bad Company: 1,000pts
Old 21 Dec 2008, 21:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide
Default Bad Company: 1,000pts

Idea I came up with awhile back.

Ever wonder what happens to the marines who fail their chapter? Whether they fail their mission, kill another battle brother, or fail in their training to become a marine, there are always those that aren't quite cut out to be an Astartes. Most notable Chapters kill those that fail them, or send them out into inhospitable terrain to die.

Others, such as the Siege Hawks, Crimson Doom Chapter, and many more, send them to the Bad Company. Clad only in gunmetal grey scout armor, these astartes failures are gathered into a 10,000 strong legion used for only the most suicidal and dangerous of missions.

Not that they actually take part in said missions, however. Most of the time, The venerated Captain Samuel Urtik, founder of the Bad Company and long time member of the Ultramarines, will send his men to defeat enemies that cannot be defeated, usually by throwing themselves at the enemy until one side is entirely gone. Instead, the failed marines will desert their allies, attempting to escape or at best, defeat their enemies in the least dangerous way possible. Either way, the Bad Company always somehow manages to defeat their enemy. Against insurmountable odds, the Company will frequently prevail against their foe in ways that most commanders think impossible, even when the members of the Company are only trying to escape the battlefield, not fight it.

Whether it be luck, or will of the Emperor, the Bad Company always prevails.

[hr]

HQ:

Captain Urtik:100pts
-Boltgun
-Auxiliary Grenade Launcher

Troops:

Scout Squad: 155pts
-Sergeant w/ Boltgun
-4 Scouts w/ Boltguns
-4 Scouts w/ Shotguns
-Scout w/ Rocket Launcher

-Sergeant w/ Boltgun
-4 Scouts w/ Boltguns
-4 Scouts w/ Shotguns

-Sergeant w/ Boltgun
-4 Scouts w/ Boltguns
-4 Scouts w/ Shotguns

Scout Squad: 125pts
-Sergeant w/ Shotgun
-3 Scouts w/ Shotguns
-LS Storm
--Multimelta

Scout Squad: 125pts
-Sergeant w/ Shotgun
-3 Scouts w/ Shotguns
-LS Storm
--Multimelta

Fast Attack:

Scout Biker Squad: 90pts
-Scout Sergeant w/ Combimelta and Grenade Launcher
-2 Scout bikers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
LoTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2008, 22:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Bad Company: 1,000pts

I gather you intend to split those scout squads up into combat squads, with one half carrying bolters and the other with shotguns. While this can be a very effective strategy, effectively doubling the number or scoring units in the army, each of those 5-man units is going to be relatively vulnerable. i'd suggest keeping one or two squads at full-strength, arming all 10 members with either shotguns or bolters. These full-strength squads would provide a more solid fighting core around which the smaller combat squads could operate, seizing objectives while the bigger units do the bulk of the fighting.

The lack of sniper rifles and heavy weapons could be a major drawback. Perhaps one or two combat squads could be outfitted with snipers and a missile launcher, otherwise you're going to have alot of trouble killing anything MEQ or tougher.

On the other hand, your fluff concept is quite interesting. Good luck with this OtHM, i look forward to seeing it develop.

==Arn==
I'm the face that you have to face
Mirrored in your stare
I'm what's left, I'm what's right
I'm the enemy
I'm the hand that'll take you down,
Bring you to your knees.
Arnorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2008, 22:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Good suggestions, but I don't plan on using this army to 'win' as much as to 'make people laugh'. Although a rocket launcher or two could prove useful. :P
Quote:
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
Old 21 Dec 2008, 22:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

in that case why not run them all as CC scouts and model them wielding a motley variety of axes, clubs, stun batons and radioactive chipmunks?
I'm the face that you have to face
Mirrored in your stare
I'm what's left, I'm what's right
I'm the enemy
I'm the hand that'll take you down,
Bring you to your knees.
Arnorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2008, 02:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Updated to include some more AT
Quote: