Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500pts Crimson Fists. Help please!
Old 06 Nov 2008, 16:03   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 1500pts Crimson Fists. Help please!

Ok, so with the new (well, month old now, but yea) Marine codex, i decided to return to my old Ultramarines (my first proper army). They were in a miserable state so i decided to scrap lots of them (too much paint and no patience to strip them) and use what i had left and the contents of Assault on black reach to form the basis of my army. i finnished up my 1000pts list fairly quickly and will see how that plays. however with the 1500pts list, i am fairly stumped. i have no idea if what i have written here is any good or not, so i'd love some advice. essentialy, the tactical marines and sternguard (thanks to Pedro Kantor) form the solid core of the army, for objectives and general firepower. The fist on the Sternguard unit is becuase of three things 1) Powerfists are awesome in a crims fists army, because they are big fists i can paint red. 2) it'll allow the unit to retaliate if it gets charged, so the unit can play a more agressive role with regards to taking and holding objectives and 3) i want the cool new figures and it is the coolest one in the box (imo). Kantor and his honour guard are there to go and kill big monsters/ characters/ small elite units, that kind of thing (hence the rhino, so they don't all die on the way) before being re-inforced by the librarian and his terminators via deepstrike. if i am playing an army that likes assault, i can use both of those units more reactively since they all have pretty nice shooting too, only charging to get in the way of a more easily killed unit. thats the theory anyway. i have no idea if that can work. The dread is there with his lascannon to pop tanks. finaly i wanted something big and shooty to round out the army and the Vindicator seemed appropriate to that end.

anyway, thats the theory, in practice i dunno how well that would work, so i'd like some outside oppinions before i start buying more stuff. i appriciate any advice at all, thanks ^_^

HQ

Pedro Kantor
Honour Guard
Relic Blade
Rhino

Librarian
Terminator Armour
(with Storm Bolter)
The Avenger
Might of the Ancients

Troops

Tactical Squad
+5 marines
Missile Launcher
Flamer

Tactical Squad
+5 Marines

Elites

Terminator Squad
+1 Terminator
Assault cannon
Chainfist

Sternguard Veterans
Power Fist
Combi-Melta

Dreadnought
Twin-Linked Lascannon

Heavy Support

Vindicator
Seige Sheild

Total: 1500 pts.
Chaos gives you a total freedom in your playing style. I don't like the fluff behind alot of it though, people just willingly go, "hey lets go die for a cause, wait isn't that cause to have our souls trapped in utter agony when we die? O well yay for screwing myself over!"
"They told us we were heroes, Told us that our souls were saved by the blood we shed. But they lied to us! They lied to everyone! And we will put right the Imperium's wrongs!"- The Corsair prince
axel slice is offline   Reply With Quote