-4 Lascannons
230pts

1750pts

Any C&C highly welcome.
That Phyco Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2008, 02:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 1750 Imperial Fists Competitive

Well, it's solid, got a nice core of shooting, and you can split squads to have your sarge and 4 guys screen the heavy weapons from assault, but it's not especially mobile.

What are the Terminators armed with? Aren't they supposed to be Elite? Also, I see they're in a drop pod; could you please point out where in the codex it states that a terminator squad can purchase one? I can't seem to find it.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
O Y Montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2008, 02:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hm... nice, solid foundation... a helluva lot of yellow power armor to kill as well, which is a nice thing.

My main issue is the HQ choice. More specifically, the retinue.

1) Terminators can't take drop pods anymore, unless you play something like Black Templars.
2) Assault Marines get no benefit from Lysander's bolter drill special rule. While it's not fantastic, I would still try to make use of it...
3) The whole Termi squad will get toasted

As for the last point, they are your only offensive combat unit. Sure, they'll show up via deepstrike, but your enemy has a whole turn to shoot at them, and potentially engage them in combat. The assault terminators are good, but not that good, and under a large number of attacks they will certainly falter. Suddenly, you're down 435 points. If anything, I would recommend making them standard terminators. Sit with the gunlight and shoot, assault when the enemy gets close. Get the benefit of bolter drill.

Alternatively (though I'm not sure if this would work or not), you could stick Lysander with some Sternguard vets. Perhaps bolter drill would count using the special ammunition boltguns...? Perhaps, just an idea. Regardless, Sternguard are great anyways.

So yeah, my main beef is that Terminator squad. I don't think it's terribly effective and it's illegal with that drop pod.

NINJA'd! Damn you, Abael... :P Well, this list is basically a gigantic gunline. It's not supposed to be very mobile, just ridiculously shooty.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 02:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yes, but having a few Rhinos or Razorbacks couldn't hurt it - if nothing else, they could act as rolling cover, and certainly help with objective-based games.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
O Y Montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2008, 02:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I dunno, this list has no other vehicles. Right now it takes comfort in the fact that all the points you spent torwards vehicle killing are prettuyuseless. Throwing in some rhinos or razorbacks just gives them easy targets for anti-armor. If anything, I would advocate razorbacks for more big guns! :P
Old 19 Oct 2008, 03:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks for the reply guys, for the Termies I happily agree switching them for some Sternguard to maximise my firing line. I also forgot to even look if Termies were allowed Drop Pods, sorry for the mistake.

Also I'm not to keen on taking any vehicles what so ever. I don't really mind if my list is mobile or not, I have enough heavy weapons to cover the map, and plenty of power armour to back it, and it's a nice change for enemy AT to have no tanks to hunt.

All in all this list is built to creep forward with a screen of firepower keeping the enemy back, although this sometimes doesn't go to plan.
That Phyco Guy is offline   Reply With Quote