Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500pts Space Wolves Army list for friendly match. C&C welcomed. :)
Old 15 Oct 2008, 23:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Adam Baker
Default 1500pts Space Wolves Army list for friendly match. C&C welcomed. :)

Hello, my fellow gamers. This Friday I have a game against a friend, and I will test out this list. It will be a friendly match, and he could bring Ordo Malleus, Daemons or Necrons.

HQ
Wolf Lord…169pts
Master-Crafted Frost Blade, Runic Armour, Storm Shield, Frag Grenades, Melta Bombs, Wolf Pelt, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Runic Charm

Venerable Dreadnought…155pts
Assault Cannon

Subtotal: 324pts

Elite
Wolf Scouts x6, Wolf Guard…170pts
Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Frag Grenades, WG Power Fist, WG Bolt Pistol, WG Frag Grenades, Meltagun

Subtotal: 170pts

Troops
Grey Hunters x10, Wolf Guard…277pts
Bolter and Close Combat Weapon, Power Weapon, Power Fist, Flamer, Frag Grenades, WG Power Weapon, WG Bolt Pistol, WG Frag Grenades, WG Melta Bombs

Blood Claws x15, Wolf Guard…289pts
Flamer, Power Fist x2, WG Power Fist, WG Bolt Pistol, WG Frag Grenades, WG Melta Bombs

Subtotal: 566pts

Heavy Support
Land Raider…250pts

Long Fangs x5…180pts
Missile Launcher x4

Subtotal: 445pts

Total: 1498pts

What do you say?

Wolf Lord is going with BC.

Any comments and critiques are welcome.
Adam Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2008, 01:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: 1500pts Space Wolves Army list for friendly match. C&C welcomed. :)

I think you need another unit of troops some how. I'm not sure what you would drop to add it but you really dont have enough troops for 1500 points
space wolf bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2008, 02:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I was thinking about that too, but my friend isn't very devoted to take objectives anyway, but if we had played at 2000pts, I would have brought another Grey Hunters and Blood Claws squad. :P
Old 16 Oct 2008, 14:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Why not drop the land raider and Long fangs for more grey hunters and blood claws? Your army would be slower, but thanks to RUN moves you wouldn't take to long to reach him and you'd hit his lines with a HUGE number of ultra deadly models.

Alternatively, I'd make that land raider into a crusader so you can pack the Blood Claws and wolf lord into it and have the Grey hunters hoof it up the battle field.

Either way, I'm not a big fan of Long Fangs, they're to fragile for what they cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2008, 15:01   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I think you should reduce the grey hunter squad to the minimum number, and drop the cc weaps, including power fists and such, and instead bring another unit of blood claws. Out of all the games i have played with space wolves, the blood claws did almost all the work. Especially if you bring a Rune priest . Since i don't have the codex here right now, i have no idea what you would really have to cut down on more than just grey hunters. maybe the long fangs too, i know it hurts to remove those old boys, but i think it's worth it.

Grey hunters keepin' it cool, while two blood claw packs creates HAVOC on the field

Peace

- Ghizza, Warboss of Dem Easta Fringe Purpa Krumpaz
mindscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2008, 17:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hey, thanks for the suggestions, but I would like to maintain the Hunters, because I like them a lot. They have been my main assault winners (bad rolls on Claws :P), and I love the Bolter + CCW combination. Plus, I like fluffy armies. :P

Are Long Fangs worth it? I have been using them with good results, losing only 1 or 2 with a bit of bad luck.

Thanks.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 19:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I guess that boils down to luck. Most of the time my long fangs just never killed enough before dying off to make up their points cost. I tried all sorts of combinations but never found anything that worked. I eventually just went to a predator parked in cover and that seemed to work out better for me.

I used to run a land raider in every list I made from 1000+ pts. That stoped mostly because my main opponent runs at least 4 railguns. I am thinking about going back to the landraider though. Why? Well seeing as power of the machine spirit lets us move 12" and shoot a weapon I am beginning to think about taking one again, probably a crusader though so I could stick 14 bloodclaws/wolfguard/hq choice into it and get them into combat by turn 2 with hopefuly no loses. The biggest problem I had with a land raider before was they took up so many points that they took away from what could be bought for AT so I always used them to try and take out the tanks, they didn't move very far and the squads in them were mostly wasted.

I do agree with you though. I always take my grey hunters in squads of 10. They are a very formidable unit on their own in CC.

Have you thought about buying your dread a drop pod? That is something I have been toying around with in my mind lately. I find my dread just doesn't make a very big difference running up the field. Dropping him on the enemies flank could really screw them up depending on the army you are playing.

I would also say maybe drop the plasma pistol from the scouts and get extra armour on your dread. Nothing worse then him getting stunned, rather take shaken any day over that.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 20:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

SW Venerable Dreads can't take Drop Pods if the whole army don't take them too. :P

Anyway, I playtested it against an opponent on VASSAL, and most of the time the Meltagun finished the job before the Plasma Pistol, but sometimes I got lucky and I obtained a penetrating hit with the Plasma. ^^

Thanks for the comments, I will try to replace the Long Fangs.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 21:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

We use drop pod assault exactly as its done in C:SM they mentioned that in the FAQ
Old 16 Oct 2008, 21:08   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

But if I use Drop Pod Assault, I have to remove the Land Raider, right? :P