Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000 pts - SM Army List (DA Codex)
Old 14 Oct 2008, 22:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default 2000 pts - SM Army List (DA Codex)

Okay, so I finally came up with an army list that I really like. It uses the DA codex. It has done fairly well so far, but I'm looking for my major weaknesses. As the variety of armies I've been able to play so far isn't great, I'd appreciate any thoughts on that that you all have to offer. Also any constructive comments on the list are welcome as well.

HQ
Company Master with bolt pistol, frag and krak grenades, Iron Halo, power weapon, jump pack, and melta bombs
140 pts

Chaplain with frag and krak grenades, bolt pistol, Rosarius, Crozius Arcanum, melta bombs
105 pts

ELITES
Dreadnought with Assault Cannon or Twin-linked Autocannon, DCCW with built-in heavy flamer, extra armor
145 pts

TROOPS
Tactical Squad:
10 Space Marines including flamer and Veteran Sergeant with melta bombs, bolt pistol, power fist
200 pts

Tactical Squad:
10 Space Marines including flamer and Veteran Sergeant with melta bombs, bolt pistol, power fist
200 pts

Tactical Squad:
10 Space Marines including melta gun and Veteran Sergeant with melta bombs, bolt pistol, power fist
205 pts

Tactical Squad:
10 Space Marines including melta gun and Veteran Sergeant with melta bombs, bolt pistol, power fist
205 pts

Tactical Squad:
5 Space Marines including melta gun and Veteran Sergeant with melta bombs, bolt pistol, power fist
125 pts

FAST ATTACK
Assault Squad:
10 Space Marines including two plasma pistols and Veteran Sergeant with bolt pistol, power fist, and melta bombs
295 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Vindicator with extra armor and dozer blade
145 pts

Whirlwind
85 pts

Devastator Squad:
5 Space Marines with four heavy bolters
150 pts

2000 pts
Old 15 Oct 2008, 00:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Lowerlife
Default Re: 2000 pts - SM Army List (DA Codex)

Like the list but a major change that I would most definitely do is give all of your ten man squads a rhino! This can be easily accomplished by dropping the vindicator and will leave you 5pts left over. This will allow these squads to get close to the enemy and use their assault special weapons to good use. Also give the chaplain the jump-pack instead of your commander as he is more suited to hang out with your assault marines.

My 2 cents! 8)
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment.
someones got bad spelling
Lowerlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2008, 01:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerlife
Like the list but a major change that I would most definitely do is give all of your ten man squads a rhino! This can be easily accomplished by dropping the vindicator and will leave you 5pts left over. This will allow these squads to get close to the enemy and use their assault special weapons to good use. Also give the chaplain the jump-pack instead of your commander as he is more suited to hang out with your assault marines.

My 2 cents! 8)
Thanks for the reply. As for the rhinos, I don't think they would be very useful without extra armour, which would cost a lot. Also, I like my vindicator. It has done enough damage and drawn enough fire to be worth it's weight in gold. As for switching the Master and the Chaplain, I've considered it, but I believe that the total potential is higher this way, as the Master just hanging out in a Tactical squad would pretty much be a waste.

Though while I don't think I'll take the advice, you have helped me realize a category of army I would probably struggle against and that is pure shooting armies. I think my best bet against them would be to hit something soft with the Assault Squad and try to mop up with the tacticals and the rest.
TB
Old 15 Oct 2008, 02:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Lowerlife

Ya vindicators are pretty amazing vehicles!! ;D
Well if you don't wanna take the rhinos why not think about investing heavy weapons in all of those squads? Seems if you are moving them up then it would be smart to get them there with rhinos but if you are going to have them stationary why not give each a missile launcher or plasma cannon(my personal favorite!)?
Oh and I just noticed your dreadnought! Well I personally love the assault cannon on these beasts but to use them effectively I would suggest a drop pod. Plus instead of the extra armor I would instead upgrade him to venerable as it seems more useful in my opinion.
The main thing why I would switch out the commander is because while he can still be useful sitting around as you can arm him with a combi-weapon the chaplain is pretty pointless sitting around.
Up to you really ;D
my 2 cents,
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment.
someones got bad spelling
Lowerlife is offline   Reply With Quote