Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 points of Space Marines
Old 19 Apr 2008, 00:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default 1500 points of Space Marines

Alpha Legion
See but donít be seen, Cleanse and purify
Eye to Eye

HQ: Captain Paulus , terminator hounrs, storm bolter, lightning claw, adamantine mantle, bionics 100 points

Elites: Terminator squad Sejanus: 5 terminators, add cyclone missile launcher, assault cannon, teleport homer. 250 points

Terminator Squad Loken: 5 terminators, add cyclone missile launcher, heavy flamer.
235 points

Combat Squad Qruze: Srgt with bolt pistol and CC weapon, 7 space marines, add Plasma gun, melta gun, add infiltrate, 164 points.

Combat Squad Veyar: Srgt with t. honors, power fist, bolter, auspex 5 marines with bolters, Marine with rocket, Marine with Plasma gun, add infiltrate. 206 points

Combat Squad Patton: Srgt with bolt pistol and CC weapon,3 marines with bolters, one marine with Rocket launcher, one marine with flamer, add infiltrate. 134 points

Combat Squad Vourien: Srgt, t. honors, combat shield, power sword, bolt pistol, 3 marines, 1 marine with flamer, add infiltrate. 137 points

Fast attack:

Bike Squad Vanska: 3 bikes, add melta gun, terminator honors and power fist.
136 points

Heavy support:

Vindacator, add hunter killer missile, dozer blade, extra armour, smoke launcher
138 points

Total points cost: 1500 points

My plan is to only place down four units at the very begining of deployment. The vindicator, Terminator Squad Sejanus, Captian Paulus, the bike squad. The other squads will all infiltrate onto the feild, hopefully causing my oppenent to freak out at the prospect of infiltrating Space Marines, all headed towards A) his most valuable units or B) the objective.

The Terminators that I deployed will make their way down feild,towards their lines and my second squad of Termis will deepstrike, landing near their target courtsey of the teleport homer. Then, play as normal, with the Vindicator parked behind cover for the first turn or two or three, letting my oppenet forget about it because he's worrying about the whole mass of Marines spread along the board!

Any thoughts?

Current 2010 Tau recored
1-0-0
xv-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2008, 10:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 1500 points of Space Marines

A bit of work to do in my opinion. So here we go:
Terminator Squad Loken should drop the cyclone missile launcher for a thunder hammer and shield or lightning claws, cyclone and flamer don't work well together.
Combat Squad Veyar has a missile launcher and a power fist? The sergeant won't get a chance to use it if you fire, take another melta gun or a flamer.
Again with Patton, flamer and missile? Drop one or the other depending what you want that squad to do.
The rest seems really good and effective.
Though one thing, can I just ask why you chose to field a Captain rather than a Master? Just it isn't done very regularly and was wandering why.

Hope it helps.

arandomshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2008, 12:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

hehe, theirs a little problem regarding the switching around the Terminators. I dont have enough money to buy bitz for lightning claws or thunder hammers and storm sheilds, or a new one entirely. I choose a Captian for two reasons, to make sure I could add infiltrate to all my troop choices, and to match the fluff I'm making for my chapter.

I'll switch around the special weapon's guys, see if I cant get a loadout thats more effective, than having to make a choice.

Current 2010 Tau recored
1-0-0
Old 19 Apr 2008, 12:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

heres an up dated version, with the special and heavy weapons switched around more effectively.

HQ: Captain Paulus, terminator hounrs, storm bolter, lightning claw, adamantine mantle, bionics 100 points

Elites: Terminator squad Sejanus: 5 terminators, add cyclone missile launcher, assault cannon, teleport homer. 250 points

Terminator Squad Loken: 5 terminators, add cyclone missile launcher, heavy flamer.
235 points

Combat Squad Qruze:, Srgt, CC weapon, bolt pistol bolter, 5 space marines, add rocket launcher, melta gun, add infiltrate,. 170

Combat Squad Veyar: Srgt with bolt pistol and CC weapon. 5 marines with bolters, Marine with rocket, Marine with Plasma gun, add infiltrate. 170

Combat Squad Patton Srgt with t. honurs, power first bolter, add auspex,:,3 marines with bolters, one marine with Plasma Gun, one marine with flamer, add infiltrate. 163

Combat Squad Vourien: Srgt, t. honors, combat shield, power sword, bolt pistol, 3 marines, 1 marine with flamer, add infiltrate. 137 points

Fast attack:

Bike Squad Vanska: 3 bikes, add melta gun, terminator honors and power fist.
136 points

Heavy support:

Vindacator, add hunter killer missile, dozer blade, extra armour, smoke launcher
138 points

Total points cost: 1499 points

Current 2010 Tau recored
1-0-0
Old 19 Apr 2008, 13:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

It's fine now. All you need to do is sort out the 'Termies' .

arandomshadow

Quote:
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
Old 19 Apr 2008, 13:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

How is your captain so cheap?? There's no way that all that wargear only costs 40pts.

http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk1
RonanB1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2008, 13:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Good point Broker. It should be around 115-130pts. That's a guess though.

arandomshadow

Quote: