Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

750 Point Iron Hands Army
Old 20 Dec 2007, 18:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default 750 Point Iron Hands Army

Hello,

I will have all of the models listed below at Christmas. I am aware that you cannot legally take Bionics in Tactical Squads, but my friends have consented to allowing me take them as long as I take the points. I am using the standard Iron Hands Traits from page 45 of the Space Marine codex.

So, here it is.

Techmarine Janus
Servo-Harness
Extra Wound
Bionics
~120

Tactical Squad Alpha, “The Steel Warriors”
10 Tactical Marines
Missile Launcher
Plasma Gun
Bionics for the whole squad
~220

Tactical Squad Beta, “Ferrus’ Fists”
10 Tactical Marines
Missile Launcher
Plasma Gun
Bionics for the whole squad
~220

Predator Annihilator, "Hammer of Manus"
Lascannon Sponsons
Extra Armour
Hunter-Killer Missile
~190

The plan is to suppress the enemy squads from reaching me with my massed Bolter fire in the Tactical Squads, and pound their infantry or possibly vehicles with the Missile Launchers. The Techmarine will hide behind the Predator and fix it when it is damaged. The Predator will take out the heavy tanks. I have already played a scrimmage (mock battle against myself) and the Iron Hands merely lost one Techmarine and 3 Tactical Marines.

I was playing against a Tau Army with a Kroot squad, a Fire warrior squad mounted in a Devilfish with Pulse Carbines, 3 Crisis Suits with Burst cannons and Flamers, one Monat suit with twin Fusion Blasters and a Targetting Array (the one who took out my Techmarine), and a Shas'El with two Plasma Guns and a Targetting Array, and a Hammerhead with Railgun.

The Predator Immobilised and then destroyed the Hammerhead, and a Missile shot blew up the Devilfish and pinned the Fire Warriors and the Hammerhead ended up Immobilising my Predator, but the Techmarine repaired it. The Kroot reached one Tactical Squad and killed three members, and the Monat killed my Techmarine.

All the other Tau stuff died.

Please leave comments and suggestions. Thanks for reviewing my list.

-Lord of the Pit
Frosty05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2007, 19:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 750 Point Iron Hands Army

Nice list, in a normal match i would add some tech or cc servitors or make the pred a destructor with hb sonsons and then add a dreadnought. Besides that that is basically my list.

Zanitz

98% of the world plays World of Warcraft or any other type of MMO. If your one of the 2% that doesn't, post this into your signature
Inquisitor Zanitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2007, 11:43   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to adman101

Have you painted your models yet??

If you havent you can make up your own chapter and then then choose a trait "Scions of mars" which lets you make Techmarines HQ's and then you could use one of your Tactical squads as the command squad, and dont worry about any of the apothecarys etc. But otherwise great list. Try adding a few more things in like a dread, and if you can get hold of a devastator squad, because if you put your missile launchers into the Dev squad then put the heavy weapons you can make from the dev squad to the tactical squad means you have some more portable heavy weapons, and you have the missile launchers at your disposal for anti tank duties

My 5 pence of info
Old 30 Dec 2007, 09:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Listen, I'm collecting Iron Hands. And the fact of the matter remains that I am using the standard Force Organization chart, which requires me to take 2 Troops choices, so turning one of my Iron hands Tactical Squads into a Command squad is out of the question. What you are suggesting serves absolutely no purpose:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman101
If you havent you can make up your own chapter and then then choose a trait "Scions of mars" which lets you make Techmarines HQ's and then you could use one of your Tactical squads as the command squad, and dont worry about any of the apothecarys etc.
I mean, it's precisely the same thing I am using for the most part, Iron Hands use Scions of Mars, and to fufill my FOC requirements I must have two troops choices, hence I cannot turn one of the Tactical squads into a Command Squad.

Quote:
Try adding a few more things in like a dread, and if you can get hold of a devastator squad, because if you put your missile launchers into the Dev squad then put the heavy weapons you can make from the dev squad to the tactical squad means you have some more portable heavy weapons, and you have the missile launchers at your disposal for anti tank duties
I'm sorry, I'm not conversant in hurried typing, could you rephrase that statement so someone other than you can understand it?

I agree with the "add in a dread" part, and from there it gets a bit confusing.

Thanks for what coherent sentences you have to offer,

-Lord of the Pit

Frosty05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2008, 18:52   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to adman101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Pit
Listen, I'm collecting Iron Hands. And the fact of the matter remains that I am using the standard Force Organization chart, which requires me to take 2 Troops choices, so turning one of my Iron hands Tactical Squads into a Command squad is out of the question. What you are suggesting serves absolutely no purpose:

Quote:
If you havent you can make up your own chapter and then then choose a trait "Scions of mars" which lets you make Techmarines HQ's and then you could use one of your Tactical squads as the command squad, and dont worry about any of the apothecarys etc.
I mean, it's precisely the same thing I am using for the most part, Iron Hands use Scions of Mars, and to fufill my FOC requirements I must have two troops choices, hence I cannot turn one of the Tactical squads into a Command Squad.

Quote:
Try adding a few more things in like a dread, and if you can get hold of a devastator squad, because if you put your missile launchers into the Dev squad then put the heavy weapons you can make from the dev squad to the tactical squad means you have some more portable heavy weapons, and you have the missile launchers at your disposal for anti tank duties
I'm sorry, I'm not conversant in hurried typing, could you rephrase that statement so someone other than you can understand it?

I agree with the "add in a dread" part, and from there it gets a bit confusing.

Thanks for what coherent sentences you have to offer,

-Lord of the Pit

No i cant.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 23:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

He means that if you bought a box of Devestators, you can take the weapons that come with the box and disperse them through out your tactical squads, while loading all your missile launchers into one squad, your devestators. Which doesnt make sense because the way he words it, they won't be as effective in your tactical squads ??? Personally, I think they are better off in your tactical squads. Theres more survivability in spreading out your heavy weapons.

Techmarines don't have access to Command Squads. All they can do is tack on some servitors and form a small 5 man squad. So that is completley out of the question for this reason as well as the FOC reasons that Lord of the Pit has already stated.

Adman101: As wonderful as it is to see new members trying to help out the community...I suggest you pick up your Codex and study it a little more closely. Just about everything you recommended was illegal or was pointless as Lord of the Pit already took the trait you recommended. All I can really say is you need to start paying more attention to detail...
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Deaths_Face is offline   Reply With Quote