*Edit*

Completely changed my list:

[hr]
[hr]

HQ 1: (Emperor’s Champion )
(Accept Any Challenge) Total: (140)
[size=7pt] (Attached to Crusader Squad) [/size]

HQ 2: (Chaplain)
(Reclusiarch, Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Auspex) Total: (137)
[size=7pt] (Attached To Terminators) [/size]

[hr]

Elite 1: (Dreadnought)
(Venerable, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour) Total: (133)
[size=7pt][/size]

Elite 2: (Sword Brethren Terminator Squad [5])
(2 Assault Cannons) Total: (240)
[size=7pt] (With Chaplain) [/size]

[hr]

Troops 1: (Crusader Squad [9])
(Bolt Pistols and CC Weapons, Power Fist, Meltagun) Total: (164)
[size=7pt] (With Emperor's Champion; In Land Raider) [/size]

Troops 2: (Crusader Squad [9])
(Bolt Pistols and CC Weapons, Power Fist, Meltagun) Total: (164)
[size=7pt] (With Emperor's Champion; In Land Raider) [/size]

[hr]

Heavy Support 1: (Land Raider)
(Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers) Total: (258)
[size=7pt] (Transporting Crusader Squad) [/size]

Heavy Support 2: (Land Raider)
(Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers) Total: (258)
[size=7pt] (Transporting Crusader Squad) [/size]

[size=14pt]Army Total: (1494) [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

http://www.myspace.com/everyoceanstide

Wayward_Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2007, 23:03   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: 2000 Templars

My first thought was no. My second was ILLEGAL!!!

First of all, the Emperor's Champion can have one, and only ONE Vow, second, with the EC, take Accept any Challenge, as it keeps your initiative the same, and gives you a 3+ to hit.

Third, only one Dreadnaught may be Venerable! Drop the Venerable on the second.

Fourth, Take out the Power weapons and Flamers in the Squads, I know they look tempting, but they are not worth it. Well, the flamer might be, but I find the optimum assault weapon to be the Melta Gun, works great against those tank heavy armies. Oh, and replace the power weapons with a power fist, if you cant wound very well why would use the points on it?

Fifth, drop the Crusader Seals on the Termies, it is not very usefull considering they have the Caplain who comes with them.

If you did that your total would come out to be 1816.

Plus, your Assault Squad was woefully underpriced, we do not have the option to take the packs off on them.

Recomend throwing in a footslogging Crusader Squad with either CC weapons set up the same as the rhino squads or Bolters with a lascannon and plasma gun so you can either have a fire base or you can march forward and and finish up.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2007, 00:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Oops. haha i'm quite new to BT's. Only just started. I'll amend the list as it needs.
I did mean to put down for the Crusader squads them having cc weapons. On the Meltagun bit, these units are for troop assaulting. I maxed out on lascannons for tank killing. I like to have units to do a specfic job.

The Battle Plan is to use the Dreads and predator as a static line at the back picking off annoy targets ie HH or Defiliers. The Rest of my Army is for Assaulting the troops.

Thanks for the help though. The list was done very fast so i knew there was bound to be one or two mistakes. thanks for catching them.

Old 27 Nov 2007, 02:31   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Your welcome, though I just noticed another boo-boo.

The Melta gun in with the Lascannon, bad idea. Either they will be too far away for it to ever be of use, or moving for the lascannon to ever be of use.

I'm still saying that you should use Power Fists and not power weapons though, as those can lay down the hurt better.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 08:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

ehhh.... I really don't like strike last, but that probably cause I'm Ex-Tau.
My thoughts on the Lascannon were Shooting it from inside the Rhino, or can you shoot Heavy Weapons from inside a transport?.... I really need to doublecheck the rules, on everything, I haven't played a game since The Eldar got updated.

Old 27 Nov 2007, 11:42   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

If the transport moves you may not fire the lascannon, thuse it becomes sort of pointless at that point.

So, I would recomend then taking a 6 man Las/plas with a Lascannon razorback if you really want the transport, they can stay back and hammer the enemy with the transport as well.

Still again, most of the time your power fist WILL be able to strike back, so it is always a good idea to have.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 12:39   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I use PF/flamer, PW/flamer, PF/melta combos in my squad & I really think you shouldn't listen & abide unti lyou have tried it out. My PF dudes dont always get to strike back, especially if they got a hero in the squad along with them. PW is preferable ws low initiative armies like orks where it can be really stupid to bring a PF sometimes. If you face alot of horde armies a flamer is still one of the best ways to go, while I though have alot more luck with the melta usually. Defensive squads with bolters should be reformed to 6/5 men strong las/plas squads with either no transport or a razorback with either HB or lascannons. Your annihilator should be packign HB sponsons for mobility but you seem to need the anti vehicle weapons.

Speed needs no translation.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2007, 04:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ok let's see what you got.
First, illegal stuff. the Orb of Antioch does not have a 'T' next to it so cannot be used by anyone wearing terminator armor.
And, as mentioned before, only one dread can be venerable and hence get tankhunter.

Now let's hit some of the basics:
Terminator armor is kinda wasted on chappies. The extra attack is offset by the stormbolter. You can't use alot of the wargear (like orbs). You are paying for an invulnerable save that you will never use. I say give your chappy a bolt pistol and let him go to town. If you want to buff him up give him termi honors and maybe the orb, too.

Crusader squads: Yours are less than ideal. If they work for you then fine, but in general the best way to arm CC crusader squads is with a powerfist and meltagun. The biggest reason is versatility. This combination is capable of hurting anything that you might run into. Your setup is especially vulnerable to MCs and dreads. Heck, even just most ICs. The powerfist is an IC killer. If it is not getting a chance to strike then you are using it poorly or the combat is already over. The problem with a flamer is that the units it is ideal for killing die just as easy to a chainsword. The units that the flamer doesn't do so good on are the same units that the chainsword has a tough time with. I also would not bother with crusader seals. You should either be leading these squads with an IC (so they get the benefit of them anyways) or, in your case, in vehicles where they won't be making alot of Zeal rolls anyways.
Now shooty crusader squads are a different beast. I'd arm them with a lascannon and plasmagun. They compliment each other reasonably well. I'd also keep the squad around 6 marines. I also would not bother getting them a rhino. Yes they can shoot out of it, but hanging around inside a rhino is a bad idea. If you must get them a transport (don't do it) then make them a 5 or 6 man squad and get them a heavy bolter razorback. for the points you spent on the shooty squad and razorback you can get 2 shooty squads with no ride.

Dreads are ok...I much prefer them in drop pods. Asscannon, heavy flamer extra armor and drop pod is not only cheaper, but more effective anti-tank.

Sword brethren are not the best of units to begin with. And you have yours setup terribly. If you are going to use them (don't do it!) get a powerfist. Then get either a melta or a powerweapon. Anyone with a fist or powerweapon also get terminator honors. But noone else! Then you gotta make this squad bigger. If you are going to spend the points on an LRC then you want to deliver something nasty. Make this unit 8-10 strong.
Better yet drop them for a large crusader squad with some neophytes.
Better yet, drop the Sword brethren and the LRC to get assault marines. Then give your chappy a jumppack.

The pred. I would drop the Hunter killer missle. The other thing about these guys is you want to use them in pairs. The Machine Spirit gets lonely and doesn't perform as well unless they got a buddy.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 22:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekiem
Ok let's see what you got.
First, illegal stuff. the Orb of Antioch does not have a 'T' next to it so cannot be used by anyone wearing terminator armor.
And, as mentioned before, only one dread can be venerable and hence get tankhunter.

Now let's hit some of the basics:
Terminator armor is kinda wasted on chappies. The extra attack is offset by the stormbolter. You can't use alot of the wargear (like orbs). You are paying for an invulnerable save that you will never use. I say give your chappy a bolt pistol and let him go to town. If you want to buff him up give him termi honors and maybe the orb, too.

Crusader squads: Yours are less than ideal. If they work for you then fine, but in general the best way to arm CC crusader squads is with a powerfist and meltagun. The biggest reason is versatility. This combination is capable of hurting anything that you might run into. Your setup is especially vulnerable to MCs and dreads. Heck, even just most ICs. The powerfist is an IC killer. If it is not getting a chance to strike then you are using it poorly or the combat is already over. The problem with a flamer is that the units it is ideal for killing die just as easy to a chainsword. The units that the flamer doesn't do so good on are the same units that the chainsword has a tough time with. I also would not bother with crusader seals. You should either be leading these squads with an IC (so they get the benefit of them anyways) or, in your case, in vehicles where they won't be making alot of Zeal rolls anyways.
Now shooty crusader squads are a different beast. I'd arm them with a lascannon and plasmagun. They compliment each other reasonably well. I'd also keep the squad around 6 marines. I also would not bother getting them a rhino. Yes they can shoot out of it, but hanging around inside a rhino is a bad idea. If you must get them a transport (don't do it) then make them a 5 or 6 man squad and get them a heavy bolter razorback. for the points you spent on the shooty squad and razorback you can get 2 shooty squads with no ride.

Dreads are ok...I much prefer them in drop pods. Asscannon, heavy flamer extra armor and drop pod is not only cheaper, but more effective anti-tank.

Sword brethren are not the best of units to begin with. And you have yours setup terribly. If you are going to use them (don't do it!) get a powerfist. Then get either a melta or a powerweapon. Anyone with a fist or powerweapon also get terminator honors. But noone else! Then you gotta make this squad bigger. If you are going to spend the points on an LRC then you want to deliver something nasty. Make this unit 8-10 strong.
Better yet drop them for a large crusader squad with some neophytes.
Better yet, drop the Sword brethren and the LRC to get assault marines. Then give your chappy a jumppack.

The pred. I would drop the Hunter killer missle. The other thing about these guys is you want to use them in pairs. The Machine Spirit gets lonely and doesn't perform as well unless they got a buddy.
Thank Ya for the advice Mordekiem, very helpful. I have rewritten my list to this. I still think the Sword Brethren Termies are worth it.
1 squad of them with all lightning claws, + chaplain with a lightning claws in a LRC is amazing. Assualt straight in and on the charge they'll get 31 reroll to hit reroll to wound ignore armour hits. 31!!!! Basically they weill PWN!!!! I changed the Crusader squads to be shooty after re-reading the rules on disembarking and assaulting(slightly over due i must say). List Posted after this if you want to check it out again.

Old 29 Nov 2007, 22:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

REVISED LIST :

HQ

Chaplain
• Master Of Sanctity
• Crozius Arcanum
• Rosarius
• Terminator Armour
• Lightning Claw
TOTAL: 165

(with CC Sword Brethern Termies)