Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Blood Angles 2000 points
Old 21 Nov 2007, 19:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to HardcoreFroth
Default Blood Angles 2000 points

HQ
Lemartes 125 (I plan to convert him. I don't like the model)

Captain 390
pair of lightning claws
Honor Guard
power weapon, power fist, sanguinary priest, standard bearer,
champion, rhino

ELITES
6 Death Company 60
jump packs

10 Veteran Assault Marines 370
2 pairs of lightning claws, thunder hammer, combat shield

TROOPS
10 Tactical Marines x2 530
power weapon, meltagun, multi-melta, rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT
5 Devastators 255
4 lascannons

Baal Predator x2 270
pintle-mounted storm bolter, heavy bolter sponsons

Criticism is much needed. How do you think it will fair? Are there any bad unit combinations or compositions? What is it lacking? What does it not need? Stuff like that.
Thanks
Old 30 Nov 2007, 20:53   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Blood Angles 2000 points

hey, nice list... ;D
you might want to have an 8 man vet squad as it makes better use of points... you also may want to get another jump pack squad to tag team with the death company...and lastly for 200 you can get an 8 man missile launcher squad that can take on troops and tanks alike (you save 55 pts!)....

Your list is pretty good right now... what are the tactics that you use? It may help to form your list around it....

?..T.H.E..B.E.A.S.T..?
..T.H.E..B.E.A.S.T.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2007, 20:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Frankly, for a 2k list you don't have much stuff. What you do have is very expensive and less than ideal setups.

I'd start off by combining the points spent on the VAs and the HG and create 2 8 man VAS. Give each unit a couple of special CC weapons and consider a meltagun.
I'd also drop the captain or, if you keep him, give him a jumppack. And, IMO, a powerweapon is fine. You don't need to spend the points on claws.

Troops are interesting. How do you plan on using them? one big squad or 2 combat squads? I'd probably combat squad them and give them a missle launcher or lascannon for the heavy weapon. The problem with multimeltas is they have a short range, but cannot move and shoot. So you either are moving them in postion or waiting for the badguys to come to you. Either way you are not shooting. And you can't count on the badguys staying close enough to let you use the melta rule. If you use my Dev idea later you may want to consider making these 5 man squads and buy razorbacks for them for heavy weapons. A LasRaz is actually cheaper than 5 more marines + lascannon.

Devastators - OMG that is alot of points. and no real ablative wounds. For less points you can get a 10 man squad with 4 missle launchers. then combat squad them into 2 groups each with 2 missle launchers. that will let you split fire, cover more ground and have some ablative wounds for the heavy weapons. Alternatively consider attack bikes with multi-meltas. They are fast enough to keep up with your jump troops and can get close enough to make the melta rule count.

Baals look good, though I think the Storm bolter points could be better spent on other things

Now, I suggested a few ways to save some points. I would take those points and spend them on a bigger DC. You have 6 right now, but 8-10 would be even better. With the points saved I think you can get 2 more pretty easily and I think that'd let you keep your captain, too.
Old 03 Dec 2007, 02:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Wow! Thanks. I was really stuck on this list I wasn't sure if it was decent or not.
Anyway, I have been thinking about it and decided that the lascannons were a bit much. I could do more with missiles and I've already made the switch in my mind. Thanks though.
The multi meltas were actually there because I don't see them very often, but I do like the idea of having a razorback for my heavy weapon. I think that it would actually leave more options. Done.
Also, I was wondering if the captain and honorguard were a bit much. I guess they were a big sink and a couple of vet squads would be better. On that note, what would be the best loadout for them? Are the weapons I have now overkill? I bet a powerfist and power weapon would suffice. What do you think?
I want to keep the heavy bolters on the baals because I like the idea of spitting out 20 shots a to support the assault guys.
I'll revise the list and post it up. Please criticise that one as well.
Old 03 Dec 2007, 03:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

HQ
Lemartes 125 (I plan to convert him. I don't like the model)

ELITES
10 Death Company 200
jump packs

8 Veteran Assault Marines x2 550
power weapon, powerfist, meltagun

TROOPS
10 Tactical Marines x2 530
power weapon, meltagun, missile launcher, razorback w/ lascannon

HEAVY SUPPORT
5 Devastators 175
4 missile launchers

Baal Predator x2 250
heavy bolter sponsons

Ok. I've made a few changes and it looks better. I got rid of the pitle storm bolters on the baals.
But, can I have a razorback for a ten man squad if i plan to break them down and have one half of the squad jump in the razorback? It seems like that would be against the rules.
One other thing. This list only comes to 1910 points. What else do I add to jump the points up? I don't know anything small enough besides a basic scout squad or perhaps a land speeder. Would either of those be good additions?
Other than that I like this list alot more. Any other ideas would be helpful.
Old 03 Dec 2007, 03:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

With the rest of the points, I'd suggest expanding the Devastator squad. Putting five more bodies there means you can split them into two groups for greater coverage and protection.
Old 04 Dec 2007, 00:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Oh, that's what I missed. i was planning on doing that all along. But I forgot.
Thanks for the help.
Old 04 Dec 2007, 01:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Vimes
With the rest of the points, I'd suggest expanding the Devastator squad. Putting five more bodies there means you can split them into two groups for greater coverage and protection.
I agree. And with the last 15 points consider a flamer for each VAS squad. That will give you 5 leftover points which I'd probably spend on meltabombs for one of the VAS members or one of the tactical vet sgts.
Old 04 Dec 2007, 03:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Do you think they should each have a flamer also? That would lose me even more attacks from the squad. I guess it makes sense for when they first charge into battle, but would I want the attacks instead?
Old 06 Dec 2007, 02:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

3 basic attacks on the charge vs 4 is not a huge deal, IMO. most of your damage is going to come from your powerfist and sword.
I myself have not been completely sold on the flamers in the VAS, but have been told by quite a few pretty good BA players that they are nice to have.

If you don't want flamers then consider upgrading a tact powersword to a fist. And/or upgrading the VAS. powersword => fist and/or fist => thunder hammer. For a mere 5 points the thunder hammer is actually quite a bargain.