Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2500pt Blood ravens 5th company "The Fated"
Old 21 Nov 2007, 01:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default 2500pt Blood ravens 5th company "The Fated"

Hi, I'm pretty new to marines and i always wanted a army with the fluff of blood ravens but when i saw the 5th company fluff i had to collect as the painting opportunities were high with all those symbols on there armour, it is one of my first real army I'm going to play list so throw all your advice out that you possibly can.

HQ
Epistolary- veil of time, familiar, jump pack, artificer armor.

Elites
Termie squad- 4 marines, sgt, 2 assualt cannons
Termie squad- 4 marines, sgt, 2 assualt cannons

Troops
Space marines- lascannon, plasma gun, infiltrate, true grit

Fast Attack
Assualt squad x2- 9 men, sergeant, melta bombs (these guys wait for the main force to attack then flank them from the back so the enemy cant escape, they tie up shooty units, or blow things up, i wanted these guys to be sleevless and superbuff)

Heavy support
Devestator squad- 4 missile launchers, infiltrate, 4 marines, sergeant

PS- do you think i should drop a assualt squad for a extra marine squad or devestator squad?
Old 21 Nov 2007, 02:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: 2500pt Blood ravens 5th company "The Fated"

I would suggest dropping one for a dev squad with las cannons.

You simply dont have the anti tank. All you have is the melta bombs and against skimmers you get one attack with 6's to hit anything... presuming they can actually get there in the first place.

Old 21 Nov 2007, 12:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

true, i forgot to add infiltrate on my devestators, they were already included in the points i just forgot to right it down.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 19:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

By the throne! What are you facing? Orks? Genestealers? Thats a lot of heavy bolters. I say see if you can drop 15-20 points & upgrade your troop heavy bolters to missile launchers for more flexibility.

Why is the Master of Sanctity equipped with an Iron Halo? He's already got a 4+ invul save. Did you mean Adamantine Mantle?

Also your troops are expensive. I would love for all my troops to have both traits equipped but do you really need all 4 to infiltrate? If so fine by me (infiltrating heavies is a great option) but I'd have the whole army infiltrate if possible then. If not take infiltrate off just one squad & hey that's 30 points for upgrades.

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2007, 00:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

well i make my troops anti-infantry and my assualt and devestator squads or anti-tank, i only dont use infiltrate on certain armies such as orks because i will get more shooting phases on them if i hold my ground, i am pretty new to marines and i just keep seeing diffrent types of marines and wanting to play a diffrent marine army everyday but i just might try to stick to these guys although black templars have been cathcing my eye because i keep playing assassins creed which is during the crusades which is very black templarish

what weapon do you think i should use to represent true grit
Old 23 Nov 2007, 00:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Personally I'd suggest putting Lascannons in the Tac squads and doing all the Dev squads with Missile Launchers. ML are far cheaper than Lascannons on Devastators and nearly as effective, where Lascannons are almost too cheap to be believable in Tactical Squads.

It's also a shame you don't have a Librarian... for Blood Ravens, I mean why not? Especially at 2500pts there are few reasons not to have 2 HQs. Plus the Iron Halo and Pair of Lightning claws on the Chaplain is really a waste. He comes with a Power Weapon already, keeping him cheap and simply letting him boost the abilities of the Assault Marines IMO works very well. If you really want a CC beast an Epistolary with Veil of Time and a Familiar is about as good as it gets. I6 with everything re-rollable. Far better than lightning claws can manage.

Also as for the Terminators is there a reason their assault terminators without a transport? How do you plan to get them into combat? 2 squads of 5 ranged Terminators with 2 assault cannons each would probably serve you far better and help bolster both your anti tank and anti infantry firepower.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2007, 16:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

good idea's but then i will have to drop the scout squad which really isnt a big deal anyways, Sniper rifles arent that great.

PS- thanks, i think the list looks way more balanced now.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 00:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Git Nurgling Lover
good idea's but then i will have to drop the scout squad which really isnt a big deal anyways, Sniper rifles arent that great.

PS- thanks, i think the list looks way more balanced now.
Indeed it does look a great deal more balanced. Only bit of advice I can give now is just to nit pick in that don't forget the Terminator Honors (for +1 attack) and a bolt pistol (for another +1 attack) on the Librarian, and a Combat Shield (for a 5+ invulnerable without detrimenting combat prowess) are things you will want to have, except perhaps the Combat Shield, that's not really necessary, but it helps to have a little insurance. But the Termie honors and bolt pistol will give the Epistolary 6 attacks on the charge and that's... devastating, that could well wipe out an entire 5 man terminator squad for instance .

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2007, 21:53   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Hey...
have your devastator squads 8 man
>>RULE OF THUMB<<
2 men per hvy weapon (IE. 3 missile launchers -> 6 man squad... 4 missile launchers -> 8 man squad)

p.s. post your points so it's easier to help you....
..T.H.E..B.E.A.S.T.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2007, 23:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

i shouldnt really do that, people could just copy right off your list, then its not orginal plus i right it down on a sheet and dont bother to transfer and stuff