Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1000 point Blood Angel based list
Old 28 Oct 2007, 11:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default 1000 point Blood Angel based list

This is a 1000 point list I'm thinking about putting together using the Blood Angels codex. Its as kind of starting point for an army using models I'll have available to me in the coming month, namely 20 Assault Marines and a couple of Land Speeders I'll be getting and its the first assaulty army I'll have.

HQ
Chaplain

Elite 1
Veteran Assault Squad (no jetpacks)
5 Marines
Power fist
Rhino
E. Armor
Pintle Storm bolter

Troops 1
Assault Squad
5 Marines
Power fist

Troops 2
Assault Squad
5 Marines
Power fist

Troops 3
Assault Squad
5 Marines
Power weapon

Fast Attack 1
Land Speeder
Assault Cannon
Heavy Bolter
Typhoon Missile Launcher

Fast Attack 2
Land Speeder
Assault Cannon
Multi-melta
Typhoon Missile Launcher

My plan is to use the Speeders to harass infantry or hunt armor while the squads move up on one side of the board. (I haven't used a really assaulty army yet so I'm still researching tactics.) My main concern is the fragile scoring units (I don't like the 5 or 10 rule but price for Assault squads as troops I suppose.)

Anyways like said first time planning out this kind of army so comments are welcome.

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2007, 12:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 1000 point Blood Angel based list

i dont own the blood angels rule book but are you sure a rhino with upgrades is only 20 points and in a normal space marine army you cant have a landspeeder typhoon combined with a tornado, its one or the other. As i sead i dont have the blood angels codex but that doesnt seem right to me ???
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2007, 16:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalusHunter
i dont own the blood angels rule book
Here its free
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...ex/default.htm

The Rhino is a free option to Assault Marines if you drop their jump packs, you just have to pay for upgrades. Also one Land Speeder can have both options per squadron.

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Old 28 Oct 2007, 17:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Oh right, sorry but i cant be bothered to scroll through the whole codex but im happy to take your word for it . Well I guess you learn someth - no sorry i wont say that. Anyway thanks i never knew that or the fact you can get the blood angels codex without buying it!
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2007, 10:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

It's not bad, but I would suggest a few changes (if you have the models)

First off, where's your Death Company?
I mean, you're paying for the models in the inflated unit costs, you may as well use them.

Slap a JP on the chaplain and call him Lemartes, have him lead your deathco.

The "Typhoonado" is a fun concept, but for the inflated points cost, it;s just really not worth it.

If you go up against a lot of horde armies with low shooting, maybe...but otherwise you're *much* better off buying 50 point multimelta attack bikes.

Not bad though.
If you ever get the models, consider giving your assault squads rhinos. We actually make a pretty decent mech marine force
Galahad_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2007, 05:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Trying to stay away from most of the characters for fluff reasons but may try to work them in if it turns out to just be far more beneficial. I'm tossing in the DC but in a Rhino. That way even if the Chaplain isn't with them I can still kinda determine where they go. As for the the Typhoonado the Tornado portion is expensive yes but for 10% more you get the the missile launcher. I figure if I'm going to have the the assault cannon for so much, having a back up weapon isn't so bad but I'll take one out. Heres a revised list:

HQ 1:
Chaplain

Elite:
Death Company
5 Marines
Rhino

Elite 1:
Veteran Assault Squad
5 Marines
Power fist

Troop 1:
5 Assault Marines
5 Marines
Power fist
Plasma pistol

Troop 2:
5 Tactical Marines
Power Fist
Meltagun
Rhino
Pintle-mounted storm bolter

Fast Attack 1:
Land Speeder
Assault Cannon
Heavy Bolter
Typhoon Missile Launcher

Heavy Support 1:
5 Devastator Marines
2 Missile Launchers
Rhino

1000 points