Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Space Marine 1,000pt Army All-Rounder Force
Old 17 Oct 2007, 20:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Didimau1
Default Space Marine 1,000pt Army All-Rounder Force

Here's my new army list for a 1,000pt campaign at my local gamers club it's my Space Marine army which is based upon all aspects, anti-tank, anti-personnel and combat based with some heavy support. Here it is:

HQ

Commander - Chapter Master, Frag Grenades, Meltabombs, Lightning Claw, Storm Bolter, Artificer Armour, Master-Crafted Lightning Claw, Jump Pack and Terminator Honours. Total = 151.

Elites

Dreadnought - Heavy Flamer, Extra armour. Total = 120.

Troops

Tactical Squad - 10 Marines, Meltagun, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades. Total = 190.

Scout Squad - 5 Scouts, Missile Launcher, Sniper Rifle x 4, Krak Grenades. Total = 105.

Scout Squad - 5 Scouts, Missile Launcher, Sniper Rifle x 4.

Drop Pod. Total = 30.

Fast Attack

Assault Squad - 5 Assault Marines, Meltabombs, Frag Grenades, Jump Packs, Plasma Pistol x 2. Sergeant - Terminator Honours, Power Weapon, Master-Crafted Power Weapon, Storm Shield. Total = 190.

Heavy Support

Predator Annihilator - Side-Sponson Lascannons, Extra Armour, Storm Bolter. Total = 160.

Total Army Points - 991.

Please Give any opinions/thoughts and if you think I should make any alterations.

Note: I don't currently have any Landspeeders, Terminators, Bikes or Devastators, I have the 180 to buy the lot, a Landspeeder Squadron, Bike Squadron etc. But I can't buy right now as I don't have a local Games Workshop on the Island I live on, and with the UK postal strike going on right now I can't get anything delivered to me.

"Give me a hundred Space Marines, or failing that give me one thousand other troops."
- Attributed to Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists

REME - Best corps in the British Army.
Didimau1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2007, 19:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Space Marine 1,000pt Army All-Rounder Force

Im probably wrong so im sorry in advance if i am but i make the commander 181 points not 151.

Master 75

Grenades (6)
- frag granades
- melta bombs
Weapons (30)
- single lightning claw
- storm bolter
Wargear (70)
- Arteficer armour
- master crafted (lightning claw)
- jump pack
- Terminator Honours

Total:181 isnt it or ahve i got some points wrong?

Edit by FT: Please avoid giving individual points costs, as we don't want to run the risk of coming a cropper of GW copyright. This is an acceptable format for listing points costs. But on the topic at hand, you are correct MalusHunter.
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2007, 21:37   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah you are right mate but I didn't count the weapons he has as in the Codex it's not very clear so I wasn't suyre but it says that a commanders options are he can take any equipment allowed from the Space Marines Armoury, so I just assumed that meant for free as it specifies in other units what it can take and at what points cost but for special characters it just says to take anything from the armoury.. O_o

I would actually need some answers on that :P before I take my army out for a battle and someone questions me and I don't know =P

"Give me a hundred Space Marines, or failing that give me one thousand other troops."

Old 21 Oct 2007, 23:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didimau1
Yeah you are right mate but I didn't count the weapons he has as in the Codex it's not very clear so I wasn't sure but it says that a commanders options are he can take any equipment allowed from the Space Marines Armory, so I just assumed that meant for free as it specifies in other units what it can take and at what points cost but for special characters it just says to take anything from the Armory.. O_o
For a Commander, you might give him a power fist, which costs X points. And maybe a Plasma Pistol for X points. You add those points up and that's how many points he totals up to. Sometimes a Special Character* might have a profile with his equipment, now this has been added to him already. So he might be 150 points for example.

*Or Commander.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2007, 15:09   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
For a Commander, you might give him a power fist, which costs X points. And maybe a Plasma Pistol for X points. You add those points up and that's how many points he totals up to. Sometimes a Special Character* might have a profile with his equipment, now this has been added to him already. So he might be 150 points for example.

*Or Commander.
Yeah but it says in the Codex either the option of Master for 75 pts or Captain for 60 pts, so you must have to have that and then the weapons added on I assume.

Old 23 Oct 2007, 20:48   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I played with that army last night against another 1,000 pt space marine player, he had a combat squad 5 men, 5 man devastator squad, 6 man terminator squad, 10 man tactical squad, and another squad i've forgotten, but he had the exact same commander as me except from an adamantine mantle, giving him a 4+ invulnerable save (which stopped 6, YES 6, of my wounds against him) and a power sword instead of the lightning claw, as a result of that, he took out my tactical squad ALONE. his devastators immobilized by predator in the first turn and knocked off it's twin linked lascannon, then we ended up with just one of my scouts squads left, and his commander and 3 terminators by turn 6, very last turn and he annihilated my scouts and he won, just. So it was pretty close, but i'm altering my commander and maybe taking out the predator for some devastators and another tactical squad or something.

In other news:

I just ordered some new stuff online to celebrate the postal strike stopping (now i can get stuff delivered to the island i live on, which has no local gw) i got 2 land speeders, a land speeder tornado, terminator box, assault squad box, 2 attack bikes, bike squadron, some new putty (which should be good for some custom models, i'll post pics if i remember) and a load of new tools and stuff they've just brought out etc etc.

Any ideas on how i should improve this army further?

Old 24 Oct 2007, 09:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

do you mean an iron halo? the mantle just stops him from suffering instant death, no invurnable save though.
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2007, 13:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didimau1
Quote:

*Or Commander.
Yeah but it says in the Codex either the option of Master for 75 pts or Captain for 60 pts, so you must have to have that and then the weapons added on I assume.
Correct.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2007, 22:35   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalusHunter
do you mean an iron halo? the mantle just stops him from suffering instant death, no invurnable save though.
Yeah I did mean iron halo cheers for correcting bud