Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1200 Chaos Scout Company(??)
Old 15 Oct 2007, 00:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default 1200 Chaos Scout Company(??)

Ive wanted to build a scout themed marine army for a year or two now, and since orks arent out till january, I wanna try and get these done for arc instead. The theme is basically: a new chapter is created, therefore mostly scout recruits, the scouts are led by a newly appointed chapter master. The scouts discover sex drugs and rocknroll and fall to chaos. I want to have a psuedo-legion of the damned look, but more interesting colours. I also want each squad to be representative of some of my favourite genres, that being punk, funk, rockabilly, metal(and vaguely all the subgenres I can tolerate) and good old space/desert rock. We'll see, some might be harder than others, and it might be too 'all over the shop'. But yeah, thats the current plan.

The List
I havent taken any elites, as I figure the chapter would be far too new to have any. Ive taken 2 whirlwinds, as I can imagine scouts working closely with artillery, as well as a tornado 'spotter'. The troops are a no-brainer, just a bunch of scouts, 1 combat squad, 1 bolter squad, and 2 nasty sniper teams. The bikes I figured were pretty themey too, and give the list some speed(when not infiltrating).

HQ
Chapter Master w/ Bike, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs 125

Troops
10 Scouts w/ 2 Shotguns, 7 bp+ccw, Vet Sarg w/ Thunder Hammer + bp 173

8 Scouts w/ Bolters, 1 Heavy Bolter 109

6 Scouts w/ Sniper Rifles, 1 Missile Launcher 113

8 Scouts w/ Sniper Rifles, 1 Missile Launcher 149

Fast Attack
5 Bikes inc. 1 Attack Bike w/ Multimelta, 2 Plasma Guns, Vet Sarg w/ Thunder Hammer 258

1 Land Speeder Tornado 80

Heavy Support
Whirlwind w/ Extra Armour 90

Whirlwind w/ Extra Armour 90

Total 1187 pts

So thats what, 13 pts? leftover? should I just bung in another scout, or is there some more serious problems with the list?
Old 15 Oct 2007, 16:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 1200 Chaos Scout Company(??)

Nice, just a few points though, your landspeeder tornado, you forget to say it has an assault cannon though you've included it in the total cost for the speeder, Are your bikers scout bikers? if not why not, also drop the shotguns and give them flamers if you still want them to assault, shotguns just arent good; short ranged like a flamer but lower strength and AP.
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2007, 21:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalusHunter
Nice, just a few points though, your landspeeder tornado, you forget to say it has an assault cannon though you've included it in the total cost for the speeder, Are your bikers scout bikers? if not why not, also drop the shotguns and give them flamers if you still want them to assault, shotguns just arent good; short ranged like a flamer but lower strength and AP.
I figure everyone knows Tornados have assault cannons, in any case, Id be more specific if this was a tourny writeup, rather than hypothetical :P

The bikes arent scout bikes, simply because scout bikes cant take any special weapons, and I need the extra low ap weapons that a normal bike squad offers.
I would like to try and change the bikes(to scout bikes), but they dont really fulfill any sort of useful role other than a mediocre tankhunting/cc support unit.

Also, the 2 shotguns are there just because I like the look of shotguns, and in that 10-man squad theyre just ablative wounds anyway :P I dont think scouts can even take flamers?

Old 16 Oct 2007, 16:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Oh yerr soz bout that, just first thing that came to my mind, i agree shotguns do look cool but i still think theyre a bit of a waste even if theyre free.
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote