Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Silver Skull Space Marine army list (Beta)
Old 17 Sep 2007, 14:22   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Silver Skull Space Marine army list (Beta)

I know I made one of these before but some people said that they could not understand my list that well. So I've re-done it in the style of the sample lists. I hope this is easier to read. Anyway, if you have any helpfull comments or see things that you think I should change, let me know.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

[HQ][1]

Commander: Master - 170 points
- Power Fist
- Plasma Pistol
- Adamantine Mantle
- Artificer Armor

Command Squad - 170 points
- Frag Grenades
- 1 Meltagun
- 1 Plasma gun
- Apothecary
- C.S. Bearer: Company Banner
- Company Champion

Transport: Razorback - 125 points
- Twin Linked Heavy Bolter
- Hunter-Killer Missle
- Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter
- Power of the Machine Spirit

[Troops][3]

Tactical Squad 1 - 171 points
- Frag Grenades
- 1 Heavy Bolter
- 1 Flamer
- 8 Bolters

Tactical Squad 2 - 186 points
- Krak Grenades
- 1 M. Launcher
- 1 Flamer
- 8 Bolters

Scout Squad - 175 points
- Frag Grenades
- 5 Sniper Rifles
- 4 Bolters
- 1 M. Launcher

Total Points 997
Old 23 Sep 2007, 18:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Silver Skull Space Marine army list (Beta)

There's a few things I'd change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necronner

[HQ][1]

Commander: Master - 170 points
- Power Fist
- Plasma Pistol
- Adamantine Mantle
- Artificer Armor
The powerfist is, to me at least, a waste of his great I. I'd replace it with a power weapon, but that's just me.

Quote:
Command Squad - 170 points
- Frag Grenades
- 1 Meltagun
- 1 Plasma gun
- Apothecary
- C.S. Bearer: Company Banner
- Company Champion
why the plasma gun? Since you gave them Frags I'm assuming you'll be wanting them to charge, something you can't do if you fire the plasmagun.

Quote:
Transport: Razorback - 125 points
- Twin Linked Heavy Bolter
- Hunter-Killer Missle
- Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter
- Power of the Machine Spirit
there's a lot of firepower here, but with armour that thin and with a cost that high, particularly it being the only vehicle on the field, make it a very high priority target.

Quote:
[Troops][3]

Tactical Squad 1 - 171 points
- Frag Grenades
- 1 Heavy Bolter
- 1 Flamer
- 8 Bolters
I'm going to have to ask about the frags again, this is clearly a shooting squad, and frags are only useful when you charge. Realistically, you won't fire the flamer and the HB in the same turn, I'd swap the plasmagun into either this squad or the second and give the command squad the flamer, enabling them to fire and charge.
Quote:
Tactical Squad 2 - 186 points
- Krak Grenades
- 1 M. Launcher
- 1 Flamer
- 8 Bolters
The same here, except you gave them Krak grenades which ups the cost of the squad by 20pts.
Quote:
Scout Squad - 175 points
- Frag Grenades
- 5 Sniper Rifles
- 4 Bolters
- 1 M. Launcher
This seems good, I'd have split them into two squad, but that's just my taste. Still confused about the frags though.

If we clip the frags and kraks, we gain 40pts.
If we clip PotMS and the HK and swap the fist for a power weapon, we gain 55pts.

If you have a whirlwind, grab one. The indirect fire is great. If you do, you'll have 10pts left over. I'd put extra armour on the Razorback and spent the other five wherever, or give the master a combat shield for the Inv. save.

That's as much as I can help without knowing what you have or your style of play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2007, 18:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Silver Skull Space Marine army list (Beta)

Not sure what your tactics are but you have one vehicle, a razorback transport but no combat oriented troops, the only other 'fast' troops are the scouts cause they can infiltrate. I assume that the razorback is for your hq, if it isnt ignore what i'm about to say; you want your hq in combat, while leaving the rest of your army behind, except the scouts if you plan to assault with them in which case why the heavy bolter? you've given ur master a powerfist, i totally agree with the other guy on this one that powerfist just do not go with commanders, if you get into combat with an enemy who has power weapons and a good number of attacks (eg howling banshees or their HQ) then your 170 odd points of hq will prob be killed before he can swing his fat power fisted hand. Give him a lightning claw however and he can kill before they do and if he doesnt and THEY have a powerfist then your mantle will stop them killing you in one hit. i wont say anymore the otherguys covered it all, just try an think what you want your marines to do when you next make an army list.
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote