Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1000 BT All comers
Old 07 Aug 2007, 19:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ReApEr
Default 1000 BT All comers

Ok, My friend is starting Black Templars soon and wants to make an outline list... This is supposed to e for all comers.

Emporers Champion

Suffer not the unclean to live 135

Chaplain

Bolt Pistol
Frag Grenades
Iron Halo
Termi Honers
Jump Pack 157

Dreadnaught
Smoke Launchers
Extra Armour 113

Crusader Squad

Initiates X 5
Neophytes X 3
Las Cannon
Plasma Gun 131

Crusader Squad

Initiates X 5
Neophytes X 3
Las Cannon
Plasma Gun 131

Assult Squad X 8

Plasma Pistol
Flamer
Power Fist 202

Predator Annhialator

Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Smoke Launchers
Extra Armour 138

This is just an outline and he wants ANY comments you have.

Thank you.

ReApEr
Old 07 Aug 2007, 20:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to titankiller
Default Re: 1000 BT All comers

First of all, the Chappy doesn&#39;t need an Iron Halo, he&#39;s already got a rosarius, which does the same thing.

Second, an Emperor&#39;s Champion with Suffer Not The Unclean To Live costs 125 points, not 135. Now, personally, I would use Accept Any Challenge, No Matter The Odds in a "take-all-comers" army, because it gives Preferred Enemy (Everyone). Having the Marines give up their I4 is really something that shouldn&#39;t be done unless facing extremely CC-weak armies, such as Tau.

Third, I would give the assault squad either 2 plasma pistols, or 2 flamers, but not one of each. Personally, I would say plasma, because their cheaper and they don&#39;t force the marine carrying it to give up his +1 attack for having two ccws.

Personally, I would mechanize one of the crusader squads in a rhino and kit them for CC, and have the EC hitch a ride with them.

And, at 1000 points, I would drop the Predator to a Destructor variant, because its cheaper and the autocannon is still able to threaten just about every vehicle you&#39;ll see at this points level.

If I may, I would suggest this list for your friend to consider:

HQ:

Emperor&#39;s Champion - 140 points
-Accept Any Challenge

Chaplain - 132 points
-Bolt Pistol
-Frag Grenades
-Jump Pack
-Terminator Honours

Elites:

Dreadnought - 110 points
-Extra Armour

Troops:

Crusader Squad - 201 points
-5x Intiates
-3x Neophytes
-7x BP + CCW
-1x Bolter
-1x BP + PF (bolter initiate gets this)
-1x Meltagun
-8x Frag Grenades
-Rhino
-Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

Crusader Squad - 101 points
-5x Intiates
-5x Bolter
-1x Lascannon
-1x Plasma gun

Fast Attack:

Assault Squad - 201 points
-8x Initiate
-1x Powerfist
-2x Plasma Pistol

Heavy Support:

Predator Destructor - 115 points
-Extra Armour, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Total: 1000 points

The chaplain joins the assault squad, the EC jumps into the rhino. The assault squad will probably use the rhino for cover, while the Pred and las/plas squad set up to provide support fire. The dreadnought moves up to support the CC units as they advance.

With the rhino squad, the powerfist marine is meant to retain his bolter because the powerfist comes with a free bolt pistol included, and so that he may fire it to prevent the squad from charging if it would be unfavorable for them to do so, since Accept Any Challenge states that if a squad CAN charge then it MUST charge.

Hope that helps your friend with his Black Templars.
Old 07 Aug 2007, 20:44   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Hey im the guy who&#39;s army it is/will be..

What you&#39;ve sed sounds good.... but scince its my first SM army... im used to playing Eldar.. i will only be playing Chaos, Tau, and Dark Angels SM, that my mates use to begin with and wont be battling in Games worksop till im used to them....

Thats why i chose the army list that was posted .... But it sounds good ... just the 5 man shooty squad seems a tad small... plus i aint tht keen on rhino&#39;s... but i suppose it could be worth it.... thanks for the advice tho

Also the auto cannon needs 6&#39;s to get thru 13 armour and both hammerheads and the preds have 13 armour front... and with only one lasscannon..... tht seems bit short on anti-tank..... but ill keep it in mind ... thanks again ...
Plazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2007, 21:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Don&#39;t forget that you&#39;ve got powerfists, plasma and a melta. Plus, the dreadnought&#39;s assault cannon can rip stuff up pretty well. And of course, just remember that the 13 is only on the front; if you can get side/rear shots, that autocannon really shines.

As for rhinos, here&#39;s the basic tactics:

1. Start game as far up as possible, out of LOS of enemy.
2. Dash 12" toward enemy, pop smoke if you can be seen by them.
3. If still alive, dash desired distance toward enemy, turn to face side towards enemy. Pop smoke if still available.
4. Infantry jump out of rhino on opposite side, putting APC between them and enemy fire.
5. Infantry attacks enemy at will.

That&#39;s what I do to deliever a CC squad into the fray. Now, of course, you may decide that rhinos are simply not for you. If you do, then try massed footslogging squads (for 1k and less).

And just remember, you don&#39;t have to take my suggestions. If you want to do something differently, feel free to. Want a lascannon on your Predator? Go for it! I&#39;m just telling you what I would do personally if it was me building the army.
Old 07 Aug 2007, 21:24   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

yea i see where your coming from.... and dont worry im not having a dig.....after all.... your the guy with 3000pts of them.

My main problem is im poor haha i dnt have much moeny available for warhammer at the moment... id idealy like to get 2000pts of eldar but my 1000pts is enough for now and i want to try something different....

Also .... In the codex there are stats for initiates that are higher points than regular initiates..... are they just for the command squad.... or can you have them in a squad..... If you dont understand which ones im talking about its the ones with the Furious charge special rules and stuff.... i dnt have the codex on hand so i can only vaugely remember...

but cheers for the suggestions
Old 07 Aug 2007, 21:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

First of all, remove that points value ASAP, its against board rules to post point values and I&#39;d hate for you to get in trouble. On that same note, there&#39;s a forum-wide crackdown on grammar going on, so I&#39;d like to kindly ask you to clean up your posts.

Now, the BTs listed for that point cost would be the Elites choice, Sword Brethren. They are essentially initiates who pay for a skill, but nothing more. They can buy terminator honours but generally that&#39;s not worth it for anyone but the guys with power weapons/fists and lightning claws. In the past, I&#39;ve had bad experiences with them, but that&#39;s Infiltrating them equipped for CC. Maybe I should try them in a rhino with furious charge.

However, you can also upgrade members of a command squad to essentially be Sword Brethren by purchasing them a skill. It just calls them initiates in case you don&#39;t buy them the skill.

And trust me, I know what you mean about being poor. For the longest time, I mainly got my stuff by asking for it for Christmas/birthday, taking what people simply offered to give me, etc.
Old 08 Aug 2007, 09:54   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Ok.... well that&#39;s cleared things up for me.... and I have changed the points cost to just text so I dont get in trouble..... and about the grammer..... maybe this is why I do badly in english exams ;D haha ..... I dont use forums very much at all, so I am not used to the rules and regulations that they have and I just go back to what I would do if I was talking to a friend... But if I do something wrong, then they can tell me, and ill stop doing it, I dont have time to read all the rules because I dont get much time on the internet, but i&#39;ll be ok.

Another question while im here.... I just want to ask what you position is on Bikes versus Land Speeders.
Because my Eldar army... I have used jetbikes before but they don&#39;t do very much and the Speeders are similar to Vypers... but as i only have one vyper i dont know how good they can be when used correctly. So any input you can give me will be taken with open arms haha.
Old 08 Aug 2007, 16:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well, for bikes vs speeders, I can&#39;t really give you an arguement there, because I don&#39;t use them. I&#39;ve got one squadron of bikes, and they are currently collecting dust on my shelf. The people you might want to talk to would be those who play Dark Angels, primarily those who play Ravenwing, seeing as how that is their speciality. I now Khanaris plays them, so you might want get in touch with him.
Old 08 Aug 2007, 18:14   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Ok no problem ... I will attempt to get in touch with him and thanks for all the information, it will really help when I come to field them for the first time!!
I just wish I had used a forum before I bought my Eldar army haha.

Many thanks!