Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Army List Help
Old 27 Jul 2007, 16:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Warning Label
Default Army List Help

Hey, I am just getting back into the 40k thing and jus threw together an army list based on available models. Give my some advice as to what to buy. Thanks!

Periculo Imperiali

Adv: See But Dont Be seen
DA: Die Standing

HQ: Master W/ Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Power Weapon, Master Crafted Weapon= 135 pts.

Reclusiarch w/Bike 115

Core:
Tactical Squad W/ 10 Marines, Missile Launcher, Flamer, Infiltrate, Frag/Krak grenades. 226 pts

Tactical Squad (Same as above) 226 Points

Scout Squad W/10 Scouts, 10x Sniper Rifles. Frag/Krag grenades. 210

Scout Squad w/ 5 scouts, 4x Sniper Rifles, Missile Launcher Frag/Krak Grenades 110 Pts

Elites:
Dreadnaught, Heavy Flamer. 115

Fast Attack:
Assault Squad w/ 10 Marines, meltabombs, 2x plasma pistols. 250pts.

Bike Squad W/ 3 bikes, attack bike,multimelta, melta bombs 169 pts.

Heavy Support:
Pred Annihilator w/side lascannons, Pintle Storm Bolter, HK Missile, Machine Spirit. 200 pts.

Devies Squad W/8 marines, Heavy Bolter, 2 Rocket Lanchers, 1 Lascannon, Infiltrate. 234pts

Got 10 extra points. Any suggestions? Also any sugested army lists for a 400 point match using these models? Im in some 400 pt tourny at gamesday tomorrow...

Thanks!

Old 27 Jul 2007, 17:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Army List Help

HQ

good choices here, which weapon on your master is master crafted?

Troops

The tactical squad seems a bit odd. Give the guy with the flamer something else, like a plasmagun(Easily converted from flamers). Some for the second squad.

Drop the grenades from the troops, these are shooting squads and they will not be needing them.

Elites
Nice simple dread, but he'll need to get across the field to do a lot of damage. Give him some survivability.

Fast Attack
the assalt squad is nice, if a bit expensive. Same with the bikers.

Heavy Support

I'm not a big fan of triple lascannon Preds, I'll let someone else cover that one.

The Devs are a bit of a mess. You have an anti infantry gun, an anti tank gun, and two that can be either. From my experience it's best to stick to one type within a squad. I'm not sure what to suggest here, as I don't know what else you have. You could take the Missile launchers out of the tactical squads and give them the other heavy weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2007, 01:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to captain_octavain
Default Re: Army List Help

yeah the best weapon for a devastator squad is a missile launcher, it doesn't matter what you are facing, you can take anything out with them

The predator, use heavy bolter sponsoons instead, 3 lascannons is overkill especially when you have 4 missile launchers (if you take my advice) backing them up.
for preserving my rights
to live and die for this life
and paying the ultimate price for me to be...FREE!
captain_octavain is offline   Reply With Quote