Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help! 1750 Significant Divergence Space Marine Tourny List
Reply
Old 18 Jul 2007, 13:36   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 26
Send a message via MSN to Okais
Default Help! 1750 Significant Divergence Space Marine Tourny List

Hey all! Need help, just started playing space marines (been playing Tau for years) and so far my record is (with this list!) is 1-3. I know I need to work on my tactics a bit... as I keep playing the marines as if they aren't going to die... but anyways.. Here is my list and would greatly appreciate any comments and or suggestions...

HQ
Master of Sanctity pts 161
Jump Pack, Terminator Honors, Rosarius, Power Fist

Epistolary pts 201
Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Power Fist

(note I think I should perhaps remove power fist's from both of these to free up some points?)

TROOP
Tactical Squad x5 pts 95
Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher

Tactical Squad x5 pts 95
Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher

Tactical Squad x6 pts 169
Plasma Gun, Frag, Mounted in Rhino (smoke launchers, storm bolter)

Tactical Squad x6 pts 169
Plasma Gun, Frag, Mounted in Rhino (smoke launchers, storm bolter)

FAST
Assault Squad x6 pts 200
2x plasma pistols, powerfist, Storm Bolter, Furious Assault

Assault Squad x6 pts 200
2x plasma pistols, powerfist, Storm Bolter, Furious Assault

Assault Squad x10 pts 285
2x plasma pistols, powerfist, Storm Bolter, Furious Assault

HEAVY
Whirlwind pts 85
Vengeance Missiles

Whirlwind pts 85
Vengeance Missiles

TOTAL POINTS 1745

I am seriously restrained by Models (ie only have a few tactical marines armed each armed with a PC, LC, HB, and a couple with bolters, I do have a dreadnought that is assembled but not painted, but not the biggest fan of a solo dreadnought in an army)
Anyways. Would greatly appreciate all your alls thoughts...
Eric
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXX
Of course the Tau fight the Tau, how else would you determine whose Greater Good is better? :
that is the greatest!
Okais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2007, 02:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 2,838
Default Re: Help! 1750 Significant Divergence Space Marine Tourny List

Ok, first, take off the power fists on your hqs, they come with better weapons and it kills their initative... Give them Meltabombs if you want to hunt tanks...

Your Tactical squads make me cry :'( I really don't understand what is so special about the min/max squads... I mean, I can understand if you have a razorback and can only fit so many marines, but if you don't have any restrictions you should be fielding squads of 8-10 marines...

As for your Assault Squads, take off the storm bolters (the pistols give you more attacks in cc, which is what these guys are for)... I would beef out the squads so that actually make it to the enemy lines and can survive more than one combat... Give them Meltabombs for extra tank-hunting goodness...

By the looks of it you want your Tactical squads to be a fire-base and also to guard the whirlwinds, but I would change the load-out on the rhino squads so that you're not wasting your heavy weapon because you're moving all the time...

What's your other trait, by the way?
__________________
R.I.P Guv :'(

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?



how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Terminatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2007, 04:01   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 26
Send a message via MSN to Okais
Default Re: Help! 1750 Significant Divergence Space Marine Tourny List

Thanks for the reply and advice.. I've heeded some of it and have come up with another list.. I have a couple questions though..

Quote:
Ok, first, take off the power fists on your hqs, they come with better weapons and it kills their initative... Give them Meltabombs if you want to hunt tanks...
Done...

Quote:
Your Tactical squads make me cry :'( I really don't understand what is so special about the min/max squads... I mean, I can understand if you have a razorback and can only fit so many marines, but if you don't have any restrictions you should be fielding squads of 8-10 marines...
I did manage to beef up the 2 mounted squads up to 8.. does make more sense since these guys are grabbing and holding objectives and or providing cover for the assault marines.

Quote:
As for your Assault Squads, take off the storm bolters (the pistols give you more attacks in cc, which is what these guys are for)... I would beef out the squads so that actually make it to the enemy lines and can survive more than one combat... Give them Meltabombs for extra tank-hunting goodness...
This one I'm not sure on.. the first time I played this list I had 2 10 man assault squads.. each lead by the Chap or Libarian. Didn't do so well either so thought I would divide it up into 2 5 man squads (each led by HQ) and another 10 man for as a support role... May try the 2 10 man squads again...

Quote:
By the looks of it you want your Tactical squads to be a fire-base and also to guard the whirlwinds,
yes
Quote:
but I would change the load-out on the rhino squads so that you're not wasting your heavy weapon because you're moving all the time...
can you explain a bit more about what you mean? Im a bit confused and intrigued!

Quote:
What's your other trait, by the way?
Advantages -
Blessed Be The Warriors
No Mercy No Respite
Drawbacks-
Eye To Eye
Death Before Dishonor

Not using the other at this point but plan to eventually run more assault marines as it fits the fluff of my army....

anyways thank again and here is go 2

HQ
1 Master of Sanctity
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x1); Crozius Arcanum
1 Jump Pack
1 Rosarius
1 Terminator Honors

1 Epistolary
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x1); Force Weapon; Might of Heroes; Psychic Hood; Storm of the Emperor's Wrath
1 Iron Halo
1 Jump Pack
1 Psychic Hood

TROOP
4 Tactical Squad
Boltgun (x2); Plasmagun (x1); Missile Launcher (x1)
1 Sergeant
Boltgun

4 Tactical Squad
Boltgun (x2); Plasmagun (x1); Missile Launcher (x1)
1 Sergeant
Boltgun

7 Tactical Squad
Frag Grenades; Boltgun (x6); Plasmagun (x1)
1 Sergeant
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol & CCW
1 Rhino
Storm Bolter; Smoke Launchers


7 Tactical Squad
Frag Grenades; Boltgun (x6); Plasmagun (x1)
1 Sergeant
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol & CCW
1 Rhino
Storm Bolter; Smoke Launchers

FAST
5 Assault Squad
Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x3); Close Combat Weapon (x5); Plasma Pistol (x2); Furious Assault
1 Sergeant
Frag Grenades; Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Fist (x1); Furious Assault; Terminator Honors

5 Assault Squad
Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x3); Close Combat Weapon (x5); Plasma Pistol (x2); Furious Assault
1 Sergeant
Frag Grenades; Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Fist (x1); Furious Assault; Terminator Honors

9 Assault Squad
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x7); Close Combat Weapon (x9); Plasma Pistol (x2); Furious Assault
1 Sergeant
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Fist (x1); Furious Assault; Terminator Honors

HEAVY

1 Whirlwind
Whirlwind Multiple Missile Launcher

1 Whirlwind
Whirlwind Multiple Missile Launcher


Total Roster Cost: 1749

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXX
Of course the Tau fight the Tau, how else would you determine whose Greater Good is better? :
that is the greatest!
Okais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2007, 04:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 2,838
Default Re: Help! 1750 Significant Divergence Space Marine Tourny List

What I meant by the previous statement was that I assumed that the rhino squads would be constantly on the move rather than grabbing objectives... So when you disembark from your rhino, you still have to wait a turn to use your missile launcher on whatever you deem fit...

Ok, onto the next list...

I really wouldn't choose more than one psychic power for your Librarian, as I almost never use more than one (maybe you could save some points)

The firebase squads should probably be bigger, but maybe I'm just nit-picking now...

I wouldn't waste my points on krak grenades for the assault squads, they're already expensive enough... I would bring both squads to 8 men and use the extra points to add more marines elsewhere...

YIKES... Dude, take off the individual point costs of the upgrades! (It's against Forum Rules)
__________________
R.I.P Guv :'(

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?



how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Terminatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2007, 13:41   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 26
Send a message via MSN to Okais
Default Re: Help! 1750 Significant Divergence Space Marine Tourny List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminatus
What I meant by the previous statement was that I assumed that the rhino squads would be constantly on the move rather than grabbing objectives... So when you disembark from your rhino, you still have to wait a turn to use your missile launcher on whatever you deem fit...
I should have been clearer too... the 5 man squads with the heavy weapons are not loaded in the rhino's they are setting up in cover and like you said hopefully making my whirlwinds last a bit longer.
Quote:
YIKES... Dude, take off the individual point costs of the upgrades! (It's against Forum Rules)
my bad! done!
Thanks again for the comments!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXX
Of course the Tau fight the Tau, how else would you determine whose Greater Good is better? :
that is the greatest!
Okais is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Space Marine 1750 pts list - need some help in putting the last 20 pts crisis_vyper Space Marines Army Lists 2 26 Oct 2009 00:59
New try at 1750, tourny list Malkara Tau Army Lists 0 20 Mar 2009 16:04
1750 First Try Tourny List, Deathwatch pikeZ33 Space Marines Army Lists 1 15 Dec 2008 02:34
1750 tourny list? ookazi49 Necron Army Lists 1 12 Nov 2008 19:48
1850 Space Marines: Significant Divergence Army, tear it apart for me? Madeinchina Space Marines 8 25 Jun 2006 15:42