Old 17 Jul 2007, 06:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Imperial Fists (2380pts)

HQ:

Captain Kharavhn Stonefist
-Lysander rules
Total: 170

Terminator Command Squad Mareian Gormier (5)
-Assault Cannon
Total: 220

Master of Sanctity Philanthos Soren (Attatched to squad Gormier)
-Terminator Armor, Storm Bolter, Bionics, Melta Bombs, Purity Seals
Total: 140

Senior Epistolary Tassadar Valentine (Attatched to squad Gormier)
-Terminator Armor, Storm Bolter, Book of Dorn (Iron Halo), Veil of Time, Fury of the Ancients
Total: 184

Master-Captain Adamantius Mandraik
-Storm Bolter, Terminator Honors, Power Weapon, Combat Shield
Total: 120

Elites:

Terminator Squad Falcose Varenthian III (5)
-Heavy Flamer x2
Total: 210

Terminator Squad Seridur Vallen (5)
-Heavy Flamer x2

Terminator Squad Orius Stren (6)
-Whirlwind Missile Launcher x2
Total: 250

Troops:

Scout Squad Bothiel (5)
-Bolt Pistols & CCW, Terminator Honors, Teleport Homer
Total: 83

Scout Squad Ckrius (5)

Scout Squad Lordam (5)

Tactical Squad (10)
-Plasma Gun, Lascannon, Terminator Honors, Power Fist, Tank Hunters
Total: 235

Heavy Support:

Devastator Squad (10)
-Heavy Bolters x2, Plasma Cannon x2, Tank Hunters
Total: 280

Whirlwind
-Extra Armor
Total: 90

Army Total: 2380pts

So what do you all think of this list? Is it good? Is it bad? Will it be effective, or die horribly? I was thinking to drop it down to roughly 2250 I'd drop two of the scout squads and buff the 3rd up with a few new bits of wargear but I'm wondering if that's a good idea or not?

Basically this is stealing some of the units from my Dark Angels army (that I don't like so much) and adding it to my Lysanderwing force, I'm debating whether to do it or not and could use some feed back.

For reference sake my Dark Angels army is as follows:

HQ:

Company Master Tyriel
-Pair of Lightning Claws, Plasma Pistol, Storm Bolter, Jump Pack
Total: 170

Command Squad Anahel (5)
-x1 Champion, x1 Veteran with Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon, x1 Veteran with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol, x2 Bolter Veterans
Total: 200

Epistolary Phaldor
-Plasma Pistol
Total: 135

Command Squad Uriel (5)
-Plasma Gun x2, x1 Veteran with Bolter, x1 Standard Bearer with Plasma Pistol, x1 Power Weapon
Total: 175

Elites:

Deathwing Squad Nafriel (5)
-Assault Cannon, Chainfist x2, x1 Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield
Total: 255

Dreadnaught Suriel
-Venerable, Missile Launcher, TL Lascannon, Extra Armor
Total: 190

Techmarine Wallim
Total: 75

Techmarne Lamach
Total: 75

Troops:

Tactical Squad Nesanel (10)
-Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon, Vet sergeant with Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon

Tactical Squad Meachuel (10)
-Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon, Vet sergeant with Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon

Tactical Squad Gabril (10)
-Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon, Vet sergeant with Plasma Pistol and Power Fist

Fast Attack:

Ravenwing Land Speeder Vesta
-Tornado
Total: 100

Heavy Support:

Predator Annihilator Tempest
-Twin Linked Lascannon, Lascannon Sponsons, Extra Armor, Dozer Blade, Storm Bolter
Total: 190

Devastator Squad Pendroz (10)
-Plasma Cannon x2, Heavy Bolters x2
Total: 245

Army Total: 2450

I've put the units I'll be taking from the Dark Angels and putting into the Imperial Fists in bold and the italics techmarines are also going, I'll also probably swap the Librarian for Azrael, which if I add a techmarine back should bring the list back to exactly 2000pts.

So is this a good thing to do? Will it cripple the Dark Angels and will it be any benefit to the otherwise completely Lysanderwing style Imperial Fists?

Decisions... decisions...

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 06:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Imperial Fists (2380pts)

Looking at this list, first I can say you have a few unnecessary upgrades: Bionics on a Terminator? He's already got a better invulnerable save...

I doubt you'll need both psychic powers on the Librarian, as I almost always only use Veil of Time and wasted points...

You can't have melta bombs (or any type of grenade for that matter) if you're in terminator armor....

The Terminator squads seem to be ok, I'm not too sure about the heavy flamers, but if you give them tank hunters; that's 2 st 6 (IIRC) auto hits to the back armor! Otherwise it's some tasty crowd control, as you'll be hitting more massed units like guard and gaunts than you could with an assault cannon for cheaper, and the strength and ap aren't to shabby either...

I think you might want to beef out those scout squads a bit, they seem a little flimsy at only 5 marines, I would go for 2 squads of 8 and use the leftover points for something nice ;D... I'm assuming you're going to infiltrate them so you can get the most mobility when you deep strike with all those pretty terminators...

I don't know why you have a plasma gun and a power fist in the tac squad. The way I see it, you're going to be in the back the whole game taking pot shots at your opponent's vehicles with the lascannon, so you're not going to be in combat; And with all those terminators all over the place they'll be too busy dealing with them to approach the single tac squad so you can make use of your plasma gun, points better spent elsewhere...

Dev squad looks pretty good, let's hope you're marines brought Oven Mits of Dorn for those overheats ;D

The whirlwind could be useful, forcing saves on MEQs and killing massed GEQs, and also as a distraction from the dev squad, scout squads and the tac squad...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Terminatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 14:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Thanks for the quick response. Your comments are very usefull. The Melta Bombs I simply forgot about, they a were an attempt to squeeze the list over 1500 to use Lysander when I first did it and didn't hvae much else, so those go.

The Power Fist on the Tac squad is just for character and fluff purposes, but even then I like to leave something like that even in my ranged units to deter the enemy from trying to send a fast assault unit at them.

Still I'm debating whether it's better to take the additional squads from the Dark Angels or whether I should perhaps leave them there. I'm not sure I like the prospect of a 2000pts Dark Angel army that has only 30 Marines.

I suppose I'll test out both armies some and see how they do.

Old 17 Jul 2007, 15:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Woah woah woah... I'm confused, what just happened? As far as I can see there have been no changes to the Imperial Fist list, only the addition of your Dark Angels list...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 17 Jul 2007, 16:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminatus
Woah woah woah... I'm confused, what just happened? As far as I can see there have been no changes to the Imperial Fist list, only the addition of your Dark Angels list...
Odd I added that in late last night, you must have read the thread before my modification took effect.

The situation is that my current Imperial Fists army is just the Lysanderwing force, the Terminators and scouts. However I'm debating whether to take a Tactical and Devastator squad from my Dark Angels, and the Whirlwind from my Ultramarines and add those to the Imperial Fists along with a fourth officer to add some more marines and bodies to the Imperial Fists force. I'm debating this because I'm not really liking my Dark Angels much but I am hesitant to drop their numbers from 50+ to just over 30 power armored marines.

Old 17 Jul 2007, 17:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

If you don't like your Dark Angels, then by all means convert them into Imperial Fists! At least with the IF you get to use the Marine codex...

Quote: