+1 Landspeeder

Tactical Squad
+5 Marines
--Plasma Gun
--Plasma Cannon

Predator
--Heavy Bolters

Whirlwind

So far this list has been fairly successful. I've been unsure as to whether or not to use it for a tournament that is comming up really soon. Basically, half of the army is extremely mobile which allows me to respond to my opponents actions very quickly and effectively. The other half provides a lot of much needed firepower.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Old 13 Jul 2007, 18:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: 1000---Dark Angels List

Woo, Ravenwing!

That list looks pretty good, but I'll throw in my $.02.

That bike squads sergeant should have a power fist, or no special weapon at all. The power sword doesn't do that much damage while the powerfist is a most excellent weapon. I'd swap out one melta gun to get the point for the fist, or drop the sword altogether.

Overall the only real problem I see here in your list is (a lack of) numbers. This could be countered by dropping the land speeder. They're useful but very expensive (10% of your army!) for a fragile unit. More bodies might help you out here.

Also your Tactical squad is illegal, you can't take a heavy weapon unless you have 10 men. Dropping the speeder gives you enough points to bring the tac squad up to 10 men (then split it into two combat squads) and upgrade that ravenwing power sword to a powerfist. Then I would recommend keeping the bike squad as one big fun unit of 6.

How have you been finding Sam as a unit? Awesome or super awesome? I'm really happy with how he works for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2007, 03:02   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I really wanted a fist but didn't know how to get one haha. The power weapon hasn't been completely useless but a fist would definitely be much more effective.

I knew I was low on numbers when I wrote up the list but in the few games I've played it hasn't suffered all too much. I'm a big fan of landspeeders, they're fast and mount a lot of firepower. The only downside is that they're 100 points and very fragile. Usually if they don't kill what I use them to shoot at, then they wind up in the dirt next turn.

The tactical squad was my mistake when writing the list electronically here. I took the tactical squad and the additional 5 marines so it is a ten man unit, I just worded it kind of funny hehe.

Hmm, well if I take out the landspeeder now, then I'll have another 100 points to play with. If I do give the sarge a fist, then that's like another 90 points to use up. Any ideas?

As far as Sam goes, I've had mixed experiences with him so far. He's an amazing unit, no doubt. However, the first game I played him in I assaulted a tau ethereal and like 5 veteran firewarriors. I managed 4 hits, but when it came time to roll to wound I got a bunch of 1's and 2's so I didn't kill anything. He hit back and made me make a total of 5 saves and I rolled at least 3 1's. I nearly cried haha. The game after I somehow managed to meltdown the plasma cannon, however the last game I played with him he rocked some rhinos and seraphim (DTenEyck). I still think he's awesome though despite my bad luck haha. Each game he's been better
Old 14 Jul 2007, 04:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Tactica on using Sam:

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=47201.0

Good to know you had the full tac squads. With 90 points left thats tricky to use. I'd be inclined to suggest dropping the pred and taking a 2nd tac squad, but thats just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote