Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

400 point Combat Patrol [Update!]
Old 23 May 2007, 01:29   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default 400 point Combat Patrol [Update!]

Ok, in a normal Combat Patrol I would go with a shooty list, but this one is not normal, its a Tournament, use Combat Patroll to make a list, and then Cities of Death for the rest. Now, for the list

Troop -
8 man Crusader Squad, bolters, plasma gun and cannon - 158(if I got it right)
10 man Assault Squad - power weapon, flamers - 242(i believe, not bothering with caculations, as I know its right on)

So, whatdoya think?
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 20:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke
Default Re: 400 point Combat Patrol

It looks okay, I'd try to have more units, as if your Crusader squad is going to be static, a lot of your enemy's firepower is going into that dangerous assault squad.

My suggestion if you want to keep this models is maybe split the assault squad into two separate units, one with both flamers, and the other with the power weapon, thus if you are going against hordes, flamers will burn them, and the power weapon will come in handy when it comes to MEQ's.
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
thecuriousmonke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2007, 01:36   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

I like that idea a lot. I had not thought of it, maybe move them close together so they can charge the same?

This is why I like the internet, I get input that I wouldnt get other places!
Old 24 May 2007, 02:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke

Your static squad looks solid, it is just that at these point levels, more units are better

With two assault squads you can choose your fights, and split your opponents fire, one thing you may need to be careful about is terrain, if you end your movement in it, you have to take a dangerous terrain test I think... so be careful how you maneuver those squads.

And you can run them right beside eachother and assault at the same time, or rank them heck with 10 marines moving 12" a turn your not leaving your opponent much choice, its either shoot the assault squad or be assaulted. However if they have an assault oriented combat patrol, lay low with your squads and blast away with that 8 man plasma spewing death group, And wait for opportunity to counter charge.

To be honest at 400 points there isn't a whole ton of room for variation, I liked your idea with the one static squad for shooting and one assaulting one, for assault. So, nice job coming up with the initial idea!

*Inserts generic ending to post*
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
thecuriousmonke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2007, 03:07   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Thats basically what I'm doing, in all three games this afternoon with it I only lost 2 assault marines, tops. Add to the fact that I'm almost never going to overheat with the plasma cannon due to ammo dump I am pretty much not going to die very easily.

EDIT:

I used the list that is up there, and I came in 5th out of 11 players. The only people who defeated me were in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th :P

Even had to deal with a rules lawyer, every one was against what he was a saying, but he kept arguing it. We said **** it, and I played his game for the rest of the game, rule lawyered him so he couldn't shoot, etcetera; Oh, and flamers work REALLY well against Harlequins and Rangers.