Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

500 Points SM List- Emperor's Dull Scissors
Reply
Old 05 May 2007, 17:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,794
Default 500 Points SM List- Emperor's Dull Scissors

[size=12pt]Dang it.... Forgot to click into the Army Lists section before posting... I'll try and get a mod to move this real quick...[/size]

Alright then, my Marines are named The Emperor's Scissors, and I thought I'd start off with this list. At 500 points exactly, but I plan to expand in just a few days when I get some extra money. I'm going for a hybrid approach to a Space Marines army, so I'll have plenty of Tactical Squads, and then some Rhinos thrown in there when I do expand.

-Master
-Twin Lightning Claws
-Terminator Honours
-Iron Halo
@145 pts

I wanted this guy to be simple, decently cheap, but still quite effective. I think I got what I was asking for. He's got a basic weapons layout, and is CC-based; with no long ranged weapons. With Twin Lightning Claws and Terminator Honours he's at +2 attacks in CC, and with an Iron Halo he'll be able to stick around in close combat against even Power Weapon wielding opponents. At 140 points he's decently well priced.

-Tactical Squad
6x Marines
-4x Bolters
-1x Plasma Gun
1x Marine Sergeant
-Bolt Pistol and Chainsword
@115

Tactical Squad
6x Marines
-4x Bolters
-1x Plasma Gun
1x Marine Sergeant
-Bolt Pistol and Chainsword
@115

Land Speeder
-Multi-Melta
@65 points

Land Speeder
-Multi-Melta
@65

Since I don't have any REAL anti-tank weapons in my list, and since there are always tanks out there, even in small games, I thought I might need an anti-tank Land Speeder. It'll be able to get around quickly, and cap any pesky tanks I come into contact with.

C+C completely welcome.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
Falstead: I don't think you can ever justify a T5 goat in a regular 40k game
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
ToastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 02:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,807
Default Re: 500 Points SM List- Emperor's Dull Scissors

Quote:
-Master
-Twin Lightning Claws
-Terminator Honours
-Iron Halo
@145 pts

I wanted this guy to be simple, decently cheap, but still quite effective. I think I got what I was asking for. He's got a basic weapons layout, and is CC-based; with no long ranged weapons. With Twin Lightning Claws and Terminator Honours he's at +2 attacks in CC, and with an Iron Halo he'll be able to stick around in close combat against even Power Weapon wielding opponents. At 140 points he's decently well priced.
This is probably serious overkill for a 500 point army, but it's a realy, realy cool commander.

Quote:
-Tactical Squad
6x Marines
-4x Bolters
-1x Plasma Gun
1x Marine Sergeant
-Bolt Pistol and Chainsword
@115
Good light firepower squad.

Quote:
Tactical Squad
7x Marines
-5x Bolters
-1x Plasma Gun
1x Marine Sergeant
-Bolt Pistol and Chainsword
@115
Much better use of points than Marine #7 would be a Power Fist, although you'd also have to shell out for Terminator Honours; dropping the Master to a Captain is the only way I can think of.

Quote:
Land Speeder
-Heavy Bolter
@50 points

Good old cheap Land Speeder. I love the models, so I thought I'd take one or two... Even in a small list like this one. It's basically for objective grabbing, and for some extra heavy support against hordey lists that my Marines might face. Great for capturing objectives in games of this size, as the board is smaller and this thing just zips around the battlefield.
\

I like to call these things the "AZDSS", or "Astares ZoomaDakka Skimmer System".

Quote:
Land Speeder
-Multi-Melta
@65

Since I don't have any REAL anti-tank weapons in my list, and since there are always tanks out there, even in small games, I thought I might need an anti-tank Land Speeder. It'll be able to get around quickly, and cap any pesky tanks I come into contact with.
Ah, now there's something to spend Marine #7's points on - make the other Land Speeder a Multi-Melter?

AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2007, 01:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,794
Default Re: 500 Points SM List- Emperor's Dull Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Ah, now there's something to spend Marine #7's points on - make the other Land Speeder a Multi-Melter?
Ah.... There we go. I didn't think of that. :P

Done.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
Falstead: I don't think you can ever justify a T5 goat in a regular 40k game
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
ToastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Emperor's Children 1750pts Tournie list adreal Chaos Army Lists 16 05 Jan 2009 23:42
Paper Scissors Rock Discussion FiremaN General 40K 15 27 Mar 2007 11:56
My, hopefully fluffy, Emperor's Children List. Oniyoh Forces of Chaos 7 26 Feb 2007 04:27
Shooty Emperor's Children - 2000 points Black Behemoth Forces of Chaos 0 01 Dec 2006 04:08