[hr]

[HQ]

HQ 1: (Master of the Ravenwing)

HQ 2: (Interrogator Chaplain)
- (Bike, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol)

[hr]

[ELITES]

Elite 1: (Deathwing Squad)
- (Two Thunder Hammers, One set of Lightning Claws, Assault Cannon)

[hr]

[TROOPS]

Troops 1: (Ravenwing Attack Squadron #1)
- 6 Bikes w. (Melta Gun, Plasma Gun, Sergeant with Power Weapon and Melta Bombs, Apothecary, Standard Bearer)
- Attack Bike w. Multi-Melta
- Land Speeder Tornado

Troops 2: (Ravenwing Attack Squadron #2)
- 6 Bikes w. (Melta Gun, Plasma Gun, Sergeant with Power Weapon and Melta Bombs) (broken into two combat squads)
- Attack Bike w. Multi-Melta
- Land Speeder Tornado

[size=14pt]Army Total: (1,495) [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

Sort of boring cookie-cutter Ravenwing list at the moment. Expansion will probably pick up another Deathwing unit for 1,750 and another Tornado for 1,850. Sammael will be swappable between both configurations. I wanted to play a small army, and this looks like about as small as it gets. Tactics are going to be fairly simple. I plan on losing spectacularly for the first few games by charging the whole mass as one big hopeless wedge right into the teeth of the heaviest enemy concentration. I have been playing long enough that the narrative of a battle is about as important to me as winning it.

I wanted to play straight Ravenwing, but that doesn't seem to work as well with the new rules. So I threw the Deathwing in there too. I have all of the bikes painted except for a few touch-ups. I just have to finish Sammael and all of the riders, plus the Terminators when I get them. I wasn't clear enough on what the close-combat Terminator box contained as far as bits, so the Deathwing squad is a little more focused on close-combat than I wanted. When I expand to 1,750, I will equip the next squad with more ranged weapons and then swap out between the two.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2007, 17:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: 1,500 point Ravenwing list.

Looks like a good start. I'm wondering where your powerfists are though!

For the "command squad" I'd recommend dropping the melta and plasma guns, they make an already very expensive squad even more so, and using some points to give the veteran in there a power fist. 5 power fist attacks on the charge ain't to shabby.

Do you really need the chaplain? If you drop him, and the changes I proposed you free up a whopping 185 points!

That could be 3 bikes w/ plasma gun, and an attack bike. Two more scoring units and lots of fire power!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2007, 18:47   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: 1,500 point Ravenwing list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
Looks like a good start. I'm wondering where your powerfists are though!
I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I know it makes more sense in terms of capability than a power weapon, but the thought of trying to control a motorcycle with a big lobster claw on one hand just wouldn't click for me. I will probably build a few spare Ravenwing (or just modular arms) to swap in and out when I don't want the Special weapons or if I want different CCWs on the Veterans.

I will need to think about the Chaplain. I sort of threw him in there for sentimental value, as it is the only metal character model I have ever painted more than one of. I used one back in 2nd Edition and he was my absolute favorite character. Of course, back then he was toting around a Vortex Grenade. : I'll have to post them side-by-side to show how much my painting has improved in a decade.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote