Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ghost Arm 3rd Company Strike Force (1300 pt list)
Old 29 Apr 2007, 04:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Ghost Arm 3rd Company Strike Force (1300 pt list)

Alright, here's my second attempt at a list. After my first list got owned, repeatedly, I added in a few heavy weapons and changed my mixup a little. Let me know what you guys think. (I'm going up against a Space Marine army with termies, and possibly a Land Raider, but advice on any opponent with this list would be good too.)

[size=14pt]Army Name: Ghost Arm 3rd Company Strike Force [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

[HQ]

HQ 1: Chapter Master Tiberius: 155
- Lightning Claw
- Combi-Melta
- Artificer Armor
- Bionics
- Terminator Honors

[hr]

[ELITES]

Elite 1: Dreadnought Markus: 130
- Venerable
- Assault Cannon
- Storm Bolter
- DCCW
- Extra Armor

[hr]

[TROOPS]

Troops 1: Tactical Squad "Poltergheist" (7): 130
- Heavy Bolter
- Vet Sgt with: Storm Bolter

Troops 2: Tactical Squad "Revenant" (7): 136
- Heavy Bolter
- Vet Sgt with: Plasma pistol and CCW

Troops 3: Scout Squad "Brighteyes" (5): 95
- Sniper rifles
- Missile Launcher

[hr]

[FAST ATTACK]

Fast Attack 1: Assault Squad "Harbringer" (9): 230
- Flamer
- Vet Sgt with: Bolt pistol and power weapon

Fast Attack 2: Land Speeder (1): 80
- Tornado Upgrade
- Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon

Fast Attack 3: Biker Squad "Outriders" (4): 148
- Plasma Gun
- Melta Gun

[hr]

[HEAVY SUPPORT]

Heavy Support 1: Devestator Squad "Lighthammer" (5): 185
- Missile Launcher
- Multi-Melta
- Plasma Cannon
- Laser Cannon

[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1289 [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

Alright, I already know that there isn't a whole lot of anti-armor, but I only have one partial Devestator box to work with. I also know that I have a lot of slower elements (aka, footslogging marines) but I don't have any transports to work with. (I'm looking into getting a Razorback or two in the near future.)

And I hope my math is right, heh.
SmellTheAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 14:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Ghost Arm 3rd Company Strike Force (1300 pt list)

well for starters, Id put those heavy bolters into the dev squad in place of the Lascannon and Multi-melta, this way it has more of a defined purpose. Then put the lascannon and multi-melta into the 2 tac squads. Then I'd make the Lascannon squad with the vet srg with the Storm bolter 8 man and the other squad 6 man so that when this squad advances your not losing a bolter round.

Finally, you Librarian has no powers ??? and is gonna be slagged by plasma and lascannons if you try to get into range to use the combi-melta. His Force weapon is plenty good already so leave it, then take a bolt pistol, artificer armour, iron halo and terminator honours, and the power veil of time and a familiar. Use his IC status to get him into CC but if he does get shot at his 2+/4+ re-rollable saves should save him. Then in CC, his I6 with re-rolling hits and wounds that ignore armour. He is gonna kill somethin.

For your next purchase I would suggest a good ol' fashion tac squad box so you can get some special weapons and another missile launcher.
Old 29 Apr 2007, 15:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ehm.... What Librarian? It's a Chapter Master, and I'm sticking him with a Tac squad for some shooty support. I'm keeping the Dev Squad set for anti-armor, hence spreading the heavy bolters through the tac squads. The plan is to use my faster units to draw his CC units into range of some shooty death. My opponent has an Assault squad with a chaplain and a teleport homer; once that thing gets in, he calls down a pair of terminator squads and all hell breaks loose. The idea is to bait him in like usual, but when he calls down the troops, they'll get pummelled with ranged fire.
Old 29 Apr 2007, 16:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

personally, I see where you're going but the dev squads are messed up, I wouldn't have the multi-melta in the squad just because it has the shortest range, the lascannon is fine, but you should use the missile launcher from the tac squad box to fill the empty space...

I really can't see what you're doing with the commander, and if he's just so your stuff can get ld10 then he's not worth beefing up... either find a squad you can attach him to where he can advance and kill stuff or take a command squad for more dakka... (you can take just the command squad as an hq choice, right?)

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Terminatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 17:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I can, but I don't have the models. That's my biggest limiting factor. I never got a full Tac squad box so I don't have any spare missile launchers. I don't have enough marines to make a shooty command squad either, though that is the eventual goal.
Old 29 Apr 2007, 20:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

sorry was thinking of that Smurf libby with almost the same name.
Old 29 Apr 2007, 20:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Bwahaha. I lost the game today, but the list fared much better than my previous attempts. My commander managed to gun down my opponent's Chaplain with his melta shot before he called in the termies. (Finally, that combi-weapon payed off!) The heavy bolters did decently well at whittling down his Assault Marines during their early advancement, but I'd wager that they'd do a LOT better against a non-SM army. (Freaking power armor... Yeesh.) He didn't field a Land Raider but the multi-melta and lascannon made for some nice Instant Death on space marines.

I'm thinking about dropping my snipers... They have yet to get a single kill, and I've used them in seven games.