Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1200 point 'Inquisitorial' list C+C needed!
Old 19 Apr 2007, 04:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default 1200 point 'Inquisitorial' list C+C needed!

There's a tournament coming up at my local hobby shop that has the following theme: Inquisitorial vs. Non-inquisitorial... the whole point is that if you're Imperial you have to have at least one thing from either CH or C:WH and Xenos/Chaos can just do whatever...

Master
Terminator Armor
Storm Bolter
Master Crafted Power Weapon
Iron Halo

Terminator Squad
6 marines
2 assault cannons

Inquisitor
3 Gun Servitors
Heavy Bolters
Sage
~140

Troops 1-3
10 marines
2 plasma guns
Vet sarge
Power Fist

~1200 points

I have no idea what the Inquisitor would be armed with or even how much he would cost, it was a suggestion from a friend of mine after I modified my 1k point list... Comments and Suggestions needed!

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Terminatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 04:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default Re: 1200 point 'Inquisitorial' list C+C needed!

I'd say that comander is a bit, huge. LIke my orginal ones were (and still are )

Maybee take off the iron halo and master crafted part of the PW.

Take out the sage with the inquisitors unit. (You can keep him if you give him a wepon...) Give the Inqusitor a Psycannon.

If this is a 1k list and you need to shave some points, take ut 1 unit of troops. I fnot do the above.

brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 04:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ok, fair suggestions, this commander is designed for higher point games and I overloaded him a little... The unusual point limit of this game is 1200 points, not 1k, so I'm just looking for space fillers... now unfortunately I cannot fine tune the Inquisitor and his retinue because I don't have either of the codecies, so if you could give me a load out with a point cost that'd be great...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 19 Apr 2007, 13:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Firstly your commander is illegal, he can't have an Iron halo if he's wearing terminator armour.

That's ok because you should just drop the commander completely.

The inquisitor and retinue are fun, but they're pretty fragile and will die quickly. So here's what I suggest, grab the trait "Scions of mars" and modify your list as follows.

Techmarine w/ extra wound, servo harness, 3 servitors w/ heavy bolters, 1 technical servitor

Grey Knight grand master w/ nemisis force halberd, storm bolter, terminator armour

5 Terminators w/ 2 assault cannons

10 Marines w/ 2 plasma guns, veteran seargant, powerfist

Ok now I've dropped one terminator but lets look at what you've gained.

You still have a heavybolter unit, but now its slightly tougher since all models have at least a 4+ save. The techmarine is SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than the inquisitor, and can actually cause a lot of damage in combat with 3 power weapon and 2 powerfist attacks.

The grey knight grand master is way more powerful than your previous master with 4 strength 6 force weapon attacks!

You still have the 3 squads of marines, and while they don't get LD 10 anymore their veterans ensure that they're Ld 9 which is still good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 16:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I like the Techmarine idea, however I don't want him as an hq because I'd rather not change my traits (even if I only had one to begin with), but that's ok because he only loses one wound... But I suppose I have to have it that way if I actually want to take the rest of them since I need an hq... decisions decisions...

I also don't see the point in the tech servitor, but I suppose it's an ablative wound... but if I drop the hq status and the ablative servitor, I'm sure I'll have enough points for a commander bare bones

Quote:
Old 19 Apr 2007, 17:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Mage001 Send a message via MSN to Mage001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
Firstly your commander is illegal, he can't have an Iron halo if he's wearing terminator armour.
Where's the rule that says that? I don't doubt you, but I've never heard that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan
I'd like to call it... "Fair", I mean, she has boobs, how'd we compete?
Mage001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 17:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

The Iron halo doesn't have the little T next to it to denote user in terminator armor, therefore I can't have it...

Quote:
Old 19 Apr 2007, 17:20   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

I gave the techmarine the extra wound so he would be your commander. You have to have an HQ choice from your list before you can take an allied one, and I didn't want you to lose the useful heavy bolter support unit. The tech servitor is indeed in there soley for an ablative wound, since there was 10 points left when I'd made the list.

If you're not crazy about the techmarine though how about this

Commander w/ storm bolter - 65
5 Command squad marines w/ 2 heavy bolters - 105

That leaves you with 30 points to play with upgrade wise, but you have one less heavy bolter in your force. However as an added advantage the Space marine squad is quite a bit tougher than the gun servitors.

Personally I'm partial to the pimped out techmarine, but thats just because I think they're neat ;D

I'd keep the grandmaster though, he's a beast! He costs less than your previous terminator armour HQ, and he's better! And he *CAN* take an icon of the just (it's identical to an iron halo).
Quote:
Quote:
Old 19 Apr 2007, 17:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I like the idea of the techmarine as well, however it doesn't really fit into the theme of my army... I like the command squad idea a LOT better, I had no idea a command squad could take 2 heavy weapons...

Quote:
Old 19 Apr 2007, 17:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminatus
I like the idea of the techmarine as well, however it doesn't really fit into the theme of my army... I like the command squad idea a LOT better, I had no idea a command squad could take 2 heavy weapons...
Yup, regular marine command squads can. Though a thought just occurred to me. You have 30 points left, so drop the command squad altogether and replace it with this!

6 Devestators w/ 3 heavy bolters

There you go! More durable than either of the previous squads, fairly cheap and with plenty of dakka to go round!

You still have a "naked" commander running around with a storm bolter, and if you dropped one of your veteran sergeants you could (if you wish) upgrade him to have more equipment.

That's up to you though.
Quote:
Quote: