Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000 Point Competative Terminator Heavy Drop Pod List
Old 30 Mar 2007, 19:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default 2000 Point Competative Terminator Heavy Drop Pod List

I'm pretty happy with this list, but I thought maybe I could get some good feedback from my fellow players. With the traits I took, the whole army is good at both shooting and assault, giving me excellent flexability. Let me know what you think.

Black Widows (2000 Points)

Traits: Cleanse And Purify, Trust Your Battle Brothers, Eye to Eye, We Stand Alone
Models: 50
Drop Pods: 7

HQ:
Chapter Librarian:
Codicer Libarian with Terminator Armor, Power Weapon, and Fear of the Darkness. (145 Points)
Terminator Command Squad:
4 Terminators, 2 with Assault Cannon, Veteran Sergeant with Combi-Flamer. (205 Points)
Drop Pod (30 Points)

Elites:
Terminator Squad:
5 Terminators, 2 with Assault Cannon, Veteran Sergeant with Combi-Flamer. (245 Points)
Drop Pod (30 Points)

Terminator Squad:
5 Terminators, 2 with Assault Cannon, Veteran Sergeant with Combi-Flamer. (245 Points)
Drop Pod (30 Points)

Terminator Squad:
Drop Pod (30 Points)

Troops:
Tactical Squad:
10 Marines with True Grit and Counterattack, 2 with Plasma Gun, Vet. Sergeant with Power Fist. (235 Points)
Drop Pod (30 Points)

Tactical Squad:
10 Marines with True Grit and Counterattack, 2 with Plasma Gun, Vet. Sergeant with Power Fist. (235 Points)
Drop Pod (30 Points)

Tactical Squad:
Drop Pod (30 Points)

Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Doctor Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2007, 06:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to titankiller
Default Re: 2000 Point Competative Terminator Heavy Drop Pod List

I&#39;d say it looks pretty solid. Truly a "Death From Above" army. Nice selection of traits, too. Just one question: why give the Termy Sarges Combi-Flamers? I think that&#39;s the first time I&#39;ve ever seen that. Just curious. I&#39;d like to hear reports on how this army preforms. Good luck!
Old 09 Apr 2007, 19:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by titankiller
I&#39;d say it looks pretty solid. Truly a "Death From Above" army. Nice selection of traits, too. Just one question: why give the Termy Sarges Combi-Flamers? I think that&#39;s the first time I&#39;ve ever seen that. Just curious. I&#39;d like to hear reports on how this army preforms. Good luck!
Well, it&#39;s a really cheap upgrade, only 5 points, and at the short ranges that terminators fight, a bolter is the same as a storm--bolter, and a few template weapons really event things out against larger armies.
Man, that&#39;s the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don&#39;t tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Doctor Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2007, 23:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

my only problem would be against tanks i would suggest one or 2 squads of tacticals be given 2 melta guns. i mean you can do the same with plasmas to the back of a tank, but the 2d6 is nice!
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2007, 22:08   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Tylarius
my only problem would be against tanks i would suggest one or 2 squads of tacticals be given 2 melta guns. i mean you can do the same with plasmas to the back of a tank, but the 2d6 is nice!
Expecially if you scatter infront of a LRC!
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2007, 18:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

termies in drop pods? i didn&#39;t think they could?

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2007, 20:41   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenose
termies in drop pods? i didn&#39;t think they could?
As long as they number 5 or less. Which is why the Terminator command squad only has 4 people in it :P
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 16:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

That looks pretty good. Bad reserve rolls could cripple you, but that&#39;s one of the risks of a drop pod army.

Just a couple quick observations/suggestions for it.

1 - I&#39;d drop two of the combi flamers, use these points to give the librarian a powerfist instead of a power weapon. It still lets him grab that sweet, sweet extra attack, but it also gives him the option of dishing out some strength 8 goodness, which is always nice ;D

2 - The combi flamers could be a liability because you can&#39;t shoot the bolter and charge, since due to a large oversight terminators in the space marine codex don&#39;t count as stationary when firing rapid fire weapons : I know its dumb. However you could happily flame then charge, but that only works once.

3 -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Tylarius
Ditto.
Falstead, you&#39;re a genius!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can&#39;t Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote