Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Black Templars Horde Army - 2000 pts
Old 08 Mar 2007, 03:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to titankiller
Default Black Templars Horde Army - 2000 pts

I saw something a while back where a guy posted a BT swarm army. Here is my attempt at making one too. Fairly easy to remember statlines! :P Also kinda goes along with Vash&#39;s "Implacable Advance" tactic.

[size=14pt]Army Name: Gerlode&#39;s Fighting Company [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

[HQ]

HQ 1: The Emperor&#39;s Champion : 140 points
- Accept Any Challenge, No Matter The Odds

HQ 2: Chaplain Grimaldus : 140 points
-

HQ 3: Marshall Gerlode : 137 points
- Power Weapon, Terminator Honors, Iron Halo, Bolt Pistol, Frags

[hr]

[TROOPS]

Troops 1: Crusader Squad [20] : 305 points
- 10 Initiates, 10 Neophytes, Frags, PF, Melta, BPs + CCWs

Troops 2: Crusader Squad [20] : 305 points

Troops 3: Crusader Squad [20] : 305 points

Troops 4: Crusader Squad [20] : 305 points

Troops 5: Crusader Squad [20] : 305 points

[hr]

Total: 1997 points

Main tactic? RUSH! The squads get put together in a large, solid mass, with the characters joining units. The EC and Marshall can join any unit they want, but it is critical to put Grimaldus at the center of the line. Then, the other units are pressed as closely together as possible, in order to be within 6" of Grimaldus, benefiting from his "Super Unmatched Zeal" rule. I&#39;m not sure if, via this rule, Grimaldus is able to convey the benefits of his cenobyte retinue and his crusader seals, but at the very least, all the Black Templars become Fearless and may move towards units of your choice. The optimum course of action is to march, as directly as possible, towards the enemy. Losing men will only spur you on faster, due to being Fearless (uber Chaplain) and having Righteous Zeal. I know that the grouping will make your units vulnerable to template and blast weapons, but the men that fall simply make you go faster. With over 100 marines on the table, it will be incredibly hard to kill them all before they reach the enemy. However, units that can move 12" a turn can keep you at arms length, and you&#39;re pretty much screwed then. Don&#39;t even try fighting Armoured Company with this list; you&#39;re burned right then and there. Oh, and once you reach CC with a majority of your guys, remember that so long as one of Grimaldus&#39; cenobytes is alive, you still have a holy relic to reveal... &gt; That&#39;d be a lot of marines getting bonus attacks.

Overall, I don&#39;t think this army could win every game it plays (maybe not even half). In the end, I would play it simply because it&#39;d be a fun army, very fluffy too. Of course, seeing this many marines on the otherside of the table could have a tremendous psychological effect on your opponent (i.e. "I can&#39;t kill ALL of them!")

Comments? Questions? Complaints?

EDIT: Just confirmed that Grimaldus does NOT confer the benefits of his cenobytes, seals or litanies of hate on any squad but the one he has directly joined. Thanks to BloodiedFangs and Abael for clearing this up for me.
Old 15 Mar 2007, 18:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Black Templars Horde Army - 2000 pts

um, well firstly I would replace a couple of flamers instead of melta&#39;s, then I would give the crusader squads CS&#39;s, add in a big assault squad or 2 and have them lead by your marshal (give him a jump pack), drop a couple of initiates from each squad so that the neophytes are the ones hit and personaly replace the pf&#39;s with pw&#39;s (thats just a personaly preference though). and if possible add in some sword brethren (sp?) and give them a veteren skill (infiltrate with pw&#39;s!)

I know that it isnt so &#39;swarmy&#39; but its still got alot of body&#39;s in it

thats just my take but there you go
Tashvar Myen Jkaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 02:56   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by For the emperor! or is it the greater good? i can&#39;t decide
um, well firstly I would replace a couple of flamers instead of melta&#39;s, then I would give the crusader squads CS&#39;s, add in a big assault squad or 2 and have them lead by your marshal (give him a jump pack), drop a couple of initiates from each squad so that the neophytes are the ones hit and personaly replace the pf&#39;s with pw&#39;s (thats just a personaly preference though). and if possible add in some sword brethren (sp?) and give them a veteren skill (infiltrate with pw&#39;s!)

I know that it isnt so &#39;swarmy&#39; but its still got alot of body&#39;s in it

thats just my take but there you go
Remember, you cannot have more neophytes than you have initiates. So having an even number will give you the neophytes that you need to lose. The Sword Bretheren are not all that good, they hardly ever make their points back, even with that Power fist they wont. I have used them several times in lists and they are not even close to being that good. Just my 2 cents
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2007, 16:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Oh yeh sorry about the Neophyte thing, and sorry about the bad english as well (I don&#39;t know what happened there). With furious charge, lightning claws and termy homours I&#39;ve always found my sword brethren a force to be reckoned with.
Tashvar Myen Jkaara is offline   Reply With Quote