Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A Lofty Goal - The entire Ravenwing Company
Old 06 Mar 2007, 21:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default A Lofty Goal - The entire Ravenwing Company

I dunno why but I got to thinking wouldn't it be neat if the whole of the Ravenwing mobilized as one unified fighting force. It made me wonder if this would be viable for a large game. The answer I think is yes.

Here's what I have so far, it's 4670 points. That means I have another 330 points to bring it up to 5000. Anyone have suggestions on what those points should be used for? At the moment I'm thinking maybe a pair of "Ravenwing Dreadnoughts".

Also I gotta say, I love how pretty much everything in the new Dark Angels codex ends in either 5 or 0. It makes using 100% of your points wonderfully easy!

Master of the Ravenwing on jetbike w/ plasma cannon and twin-linked storm bolters, ravensword, bolt pistol, frag grenades, krak grenades, iron halo, adamantite mantle

Interragator Chaplain w/ crozius arcanum, rosarius, power fist, frag grenades, krak grenades, combi plasma gun, space marine bike w/ twin-linked bolters

Librarian w/ force weapon, bolt pistol, frag grenades, krak greandes, psychic hood, combi plasma gun, space marine bike w/ twin-linked bolters

Ravenwing attack squadron

6 Ravewing bikes, veteran sergeant has a powerfist, one apothecaire, one standard bearer, 2 flamers
Attack Bike w/ multi melta
Landspeeder w/ heavy bolter and assault cannon

3 x Ravenwing attack squadrons @ 425 points each.

6 Ravewing bikes, veteran sergeant has a powerfist, 2 plasma guns

Total: 1275

4 x Ravenwing attack squadrons @ 415points each.

6 Ravewing bikes, veteran sergeant has a powerfist, 2 melta guns

Total: 1660

2 x Ravenwing support squadrons @ 370 each.

5 Landspeeders w/ heavy bolters, 1 upgraded to tornado w/ assault cannon, 1 upgraded to typhoon w/ typhoon missile launcher

Total: 740

Army Total: 4760

So overall I have 100 Ravewing marines, the Master of the Ravenwing, a company chaplain and a company librarian.

I've used 8 Troop choices, 3 HQ's and 2 fast attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2007, 01:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: A Lofty Goal - The entire Ravenwing Company

Only the Ravenwing? I guess some of us have loftier ambitions....

I myself am building the entire chapter. Thats 100 terminators, 100 guys mixed between the ravenwing bikes/attack bikes/landspeeders, 150 assault marines, 150 devastators and roughly 200 regular marines. Then you add in the 100 scouts, 10 company masters (although I do count belial and sammael as two of the ten) and azrael. Figure another 10-20 of the librarians and chaplains and about 25 techmarines.

The fun is going to come when it comes time to do all the vehicles. 10 rhinos times 7 companies, then the same number of razorbacks. Probably 20 Dreadnoughts and 5 Venerable (they should be rarer...), 15-20 predators, 10 vindicators, 10 whirlwinds, 6 Land Raiders, 4 Land Raider Crusaders and the only forgeworld model: a thunderhawk.

Ummm.... I need a better paying job.... :-[