Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000 pts Snow Fall Chapter. Need review.
Old 27 Feb 2007, 02:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default 2000 pts Snow Fall Chapter. Need review.

Ok, I still have t play test this list, but I want some reviews from more experienced Marine players. The list is caracter heavy, which is probaby a bad thing, but converting my Chaplain and Commander is the part I'll probably prefer (they'll be ridin on ski-doos ).

Also, if used properly, these two CC beasts can cause havoc with ease.

Here's the list :

HQ
Master with Bike, Master Crafted Pair of Lightning Claws, T.Honours, Artificier armour, Frags, T.Homer. 191
Reclusiarch with Bike, Thunder Hammer, T.Honours, Artificier armour, Frags, Teleport Homer. 171

Elites
6 Termies with 2x Assaults. 280
6 Termies with 2x Assaults. 280

Troops
8 Scouts with H.B, CCW, Sgt with PFist and T.Homer. 142
8 Scouts with H.B, CCW. Sgt with PFist and T.Homer. 142
8 Scouts with H.B, CCW. Sgt with PFist and T.Homer. 142

Heavy Support
8 Devastators with 4x MLs, Infiltration. 224
8 Devastators with 4x MLs, Infiltration. 224
8 Devastators with 4xH.B., Infiltration. 204

Traits : See but don't be seen
Die Standing

2000pts

Ok, I have a low number of units count, but infiltrate makes for it (I literally choose the units I face, aim at and destroy while 33/50% of my opponents armies will have to walk to reach me...). Homers, and lot of them, to hopefully get into a nice position with my termies, which could get really close to ennemy squads due to infiltration/bike speed.

Every element of my army has some shooting potential, except for my caracters, which I do not worry about...

I think I lack ap2 weapons... but then again, what can't be taken down by Pfists ?
One solution would be to forget the H.B. squad and one ML squad to replace them by 3xTactical squads with Infiltration/Plas/Las.
But that would kinda reduce my firepower... I could also remove one ML squad and loose 2 termies to get 2x 6 tactical squads with infiltration/Las/Plas.
From there I could also switch one Scout team for a Tactical team of the above, to get some secure AP2 weapons...
It seems like possibilities are endless..

So, what do you think ?
Old 27 Feb 2007, 17:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: 2000 pts Snow Fall Chapter. Need review.

I think I came up with my own solution :

Termies are now 5 men strong, one less ML devastator squad and the 2 left looses one man (down to from 8 to 7) in exchange of ....

2x 3 Bikes with 2xMeltaguns. 116 pts each
1x 3 Bikes with 2xFlamers. 108 pts

Not really resiliant, but small enough to be hidden all game (or so) and they have enough speed to aim at what I want them to.

Now, it is time for conversion....