Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000pt Imperial Fist - please review
Old 25 Feb 2007, 23:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default 2000pt Imperial Fist - please review

Hello. I'm looking at finishing up my 2000pt Imperial Fist list in the next week or so. I'd like to get some opinions & feedback before I buy the rest of the figures. I like fluffiness in my lists & these guys fit a campaign line of fluff I've been tracing for some time now. Essentially, the have seen much action against the Eldar (my other list) and, so, have been dubbed the Xenos company. Anyway, it's terminator heavy (yes, I know...1st Company fluff, but I like the Terminators). Also, the Dreadnaught probably won't happen just yet, so that's optional if anyone has a better idea.
Thanks in advance,
Emlyn

HQ

Master - Terminator Armor, Storm Bolter, Power Sword, Purity Seals.

Librarian - Epistolary, Terminator Armor, Storm Bolter, Familiar, Fury of the Ancients, Purity Seals.

2 Terminator Command Squads Sergeant, 4 Terminators, 1 Heavy Flamer.

Elite

Dreadnaught Venerable, Heavy Flamer, Multi Melta, Furious Assault.

2 Terminator Squads Sergeant & 2 Terminators w/ Thunder Hammers & Storm Shields, 2 Terminators w/ Lightning Claws. Teleport Homer on sergeant

Troops

2 Tactical Squads Sergeant, 9 Marines w/ 1 Flamer, 2 Marines are Deathwatch with Kraken Bolts.

Heavy Support

Devastator Squad Sergeant, 4 Marines w/ 2 Missiles Launchers, 2 Lascannons.

Vindicator Power of Machine Spirit, Smoke Launchers.

Tactically, the plan would be to deploy the Assault Terminators & Dreadnaught together and drive them towards the enemy while using the Vindicator/Tactical Squad and Dev Squad/Tactical Squad teams to cover them.

The Terminator Command Squads drop in on the enemy wherever or close to the Assault Terminators (if applicable) to create an advanced line against the enemy.

It's not as pretty as my Eldar strategy, but it's killing all around.

Edit
Sorry, the Devastator squad also has "Tank Hunters"
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2007, 19:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: 2000pt Imperial Fist - please review

I don't think your termies need a tele homer? I'd give it to another squad. Also i try and get a few more marines in your dev squad just for some ablative wounds. At the minute your enemy only has to kill the sergeant before he can start taking off the heavies. I'd maybe drop the dread too

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2007, 17:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenose
I don't think your termies need a tele homer? I'd give it to another squad. Also i try and get a few more marines in your dev squad just for some ablative wounds. At the minute your enemy only has to kill the sergeant before he can start taking off the heavies. I'd maybe drop the dread too
The thought with the teleport homer was that the Assault Terminators will begin on the table and move as quickly as possible toward the enemy line. So they would end up being the best candidate for the homer. However, I see your point.

Do you think I should drop the dread to add bodies to the devestator squad? Obviously not all of the points, but some. So the reason people pop non-heavy weapons Marines into the dev squad is to soak up wounds? Interesting.

What do you recommend instead of the Dreadnaught (or with the extra points)? Someone said to use another Tactical Squad. As much as I see the strategic value in that, it seems rather bland, IMO. Is that the best option? I've thought about a 5 man sniper/scout squad too, but I'm not sure.
Old 05 Mar 2007, 17:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'm guessing your dread costs about 130 ish points (i don't have my codex handy) and your dev squad about 180, personally i'd drop the dread, make the dev squad 4 miss launchers, get yourself a fire support squad (6 marines with lascannon and plasmagun is 115 points i think) and use your remaining points to bulk out your dev squad.

So by dropping the dread and the two lascannons from your dev squad you will get yourself a fire support squad (which are very handy!) and a few ablative wounds in your dev squad. Just my opinion but it's an idea. I hope this helped.

Good luck with your list

Old 05 Mar 2007, 17:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

It did very much. Thank you. I'm still trying to get the hang of these Marines.
Old 05 Mar 2007, 18:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

No bother at all. I personally find the fire support squads very handy, another nice trick is to take the same squad but as veterans. So a six man squad would cost 18 points more but you can give them infiltrate. Deploying a squad with a heavy weapon in last is really cool! Especially if you get first turn

Old 09 Mar 2007, 13:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

As a follow-up note. When I placed my order, I was sent a squad of Assault Marines instead of my Assault Terminators. The company is making it right, of course, but are also letting me keep the Assault Marines. Very nice of them, eh? Anyway, that means that for the time being, I'm going to go with the Assault Marines to fill the rest of the points. Down the road, I'll try to implement your ideas.

Thanks again,
Em
Old 09 Mar 2007, 20:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Utsujin Send a message via MSN to Utsujin Send a message via Yahoo to Utsujin

Sounds pretty sweet, not enough peple use assault termies..

DH
W:24:2:L:4
Utsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 20:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsujin
Sounds pretty sweet, not enough peple use assault termies..
I think it's because of the poopy deepstrike rule. Why buy assault termies who teleport in and do nothing when you can buy regular termies who can at least shoot. However, I plan on using them as an assault wall. Those thunder hammers are ferocious. My Eldar list has learned the hard way that it's never a good idea to charge them.