Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000pts Tourney List (Salamanders + Deamonhunters)
Old 12 Feb 2007, 05:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 2000pts Tourney List (Salamanders + Deamonhunters)

Hi all! This is a 2000 pts list that is Salamanders with allied Deamonhunters. Salamanders use the following traits: Cleanse and Purify, Never Despair, and Eye to Eye.

HQ: Inquisitor Lord
Psycannon
Auspex
Icon of Just
Gun Servitor (Plasma Cannon)
Gun Servitor (Heavy Bolter)
2x Mystic
2x Sage

HQ: Master of Sanctity
Jump Pack
Melta Bombs
Terminator Honours
Adamantium Mantle

Elite: 6x Grey Knight Terminators

Troop: 8x Marines
2x Plasma Gun
Terminator Honours
Combi Plasma Gun

Plasma Gun
Meltagun
Terminator Honours
Combi Meltagun

Plasma Gun
Meltagun

Fast Attack: 6x Grey Knights
Deep Strike

Fast Attack: 8x Assault Marines
2x Plasma Pistol
Melta Bombs
Terminator Honours
Power Weapon

Heavy Support: Whirlwind
Extra Armor

Heavy Support: Vindicator
Extra Armor
Power of the Machine Spirit

Heavy Support: 5x Devestators
3x Multi-meltas
Rhino
Extra Armor
Smoke Launchers

Total: 2000pts

I try to stay pretty fluffy for the salamanders and the allied deamonhunters are there because i like them. Fluff wise the Inquisitor Lord is their for the Salamanders check up and are reviewing them. The Grey Knights are the protective detail for the Inquisitor.

I know everyone is going to get mad at the multi-meltas in the devestator squad but I am going to stick with fluff.

Please comment on the list as this is going to be a pretty important tourney and I would at least like to be competitive. Thank You

computerizedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2007, 16:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: 2000pts Tourney List (Salamanders + Deamonhunters)

This army looks pretty nasty, as should any respectable marine army. Especially at 2000 points!

Now this could be a good thing but I'm actually quite worried about it, i think because of this fact people will play cautiously against you. Armies like the tau and eldar will stay in there deployment zone and try to outshoot you, weakening you whilst you advance, and then hitting you with a counter attack. I don't think your army's mobile enough.

You don't have enough mid range anti-infantry weapons to get involved in a shooting match so i think you need something to close the gap to the enemy, and other than your assault squad you have nothing really. Sending the assault squad forward unsupported would be too dangerous. You can't rely on the grey knights turning up to lend a hand either.

I gotta admit i don't know a great deal about the salamanders chapter, so i wouldn't know what units you are not allowed to take.

So here's my suggestions;

I love land speeders! Support for advancing troops. Armed with an assault cannon and heavy bolter a couple of these will thin out enemy troops nicely whilst your troops advance. They can move 12" and fire both weapons giving them an effective range of 36" (If you wanna stay fluffy you can give them multi melta's )

Scouts! Close combat chaps are 130 points for 10, can infiltrate and hold up the enemy whilst your big guys advance.

More scouts! Snipers have good range and can damage monstrous creatures and infantry alike.

Assassins! You've got an inquisitor so check these guys out! They have a whole manner of lethal skills that will benefit this army, my favourite is the vindicare assassin. Sniper supremo! He is a lethal individual and will draw lots of fire away from your army. You can take out heavy weapons, HQ's etc. He's too lethal a character for the enemy too ignore but trust me, try as they might he will not die from shooting attacks if he's in cover. Most enemies won't even be able to see him!

Like i said earlier, i don't know a great deal about the salamanders, so if something i have written is incorrect please forgive me. This is all just my opinion.

Good luck with your tourney and make sure you let us all know how you get on!

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2007, 20:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks for the input, but Land Speeders are very unfluffy for salamanders. I do want to put some scouts in the list and mobilize the force but everytime i put something in a rhino it never makes it anyways.

You are right on the assault marines. Usually the only thing that surives by the time they reach the target is the chaplain.

Any input is helpful so please comment, I dont care if you hate the list =]. Thanks guys.
computerizedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2007, 21:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Check these out, they might help;

http://forum.thefireofnocturne.com/l....php/t500.html

http://forum.thefireofnocturne.com/l....php/t432.html

http://forum.thefireofnocturne.com/l...x.php/t63.html

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote