Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need advice throwing together a quick 500 CP list...
Old 03 Feb 2007, 21:51   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Mavfreak
Default Need advice throwing together a quick 500 CP list...

Well, this weekend (probably tonight) I plan on playing my brother in a 500 point game with combat patrol rules. He will be using part of my mech tau force, consisting of 2 full squads of Firewarriors in Devilfishes and a 3-4 man squad of stealth suits.

Meanwhile, I will be proxying some models (with some assorted marines) to play marines. I'm planning on starting a SM army in the very near future, but as of now, I am clueless.

Can anyone help? I am considering 3 medium (bout 7 men ea) squads with a special weapon in each for a mobile firebase, but I really have no idea if they can survive to my fast Tau. Is that a decent plan?

Also, if I use the above strategy, I have 155 points to buy some frills. I was about to get a predator, but of course, its combat patrol. So, what to take instead?

Thanks all!

And Mav is the probably the smartest one of us, so it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

"Sex can wait, masturbate"
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2007, 01:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton
Default Re: Need advice throwing together a quick 500 CP list...

In combat patrol, there are no chances of outshooting these fellows.
The list of footsloggers would be shot to pieces. Believe me.
The best chance you got is to be up close and personal rally quick. Thats where infiltration is a great choice.
In a 500 point game, I would take something like this list.

6x Scouts w. Bolters+Missile Launcher
88p

6x Scouts w. Bolters+Missile Launcher
88p

6x Scouts w. Bolters+Heavy Bolter+1x Sniper

6x Veterans Heavy Bolter+Plasma Gun

6x Veterans Heavy Bolter

Total 500p

Hop this helps you out.
Chton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2007, 07:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Need advice throwing together a quick 500 CP list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavfreak
Well, this weekend (probably tonight) I plan on playing my brother in a 500 point game with combat patrol rules. He will be using part of my mech tau force, consisting of 2 full squads of Firewarriors in Devilfishes and a 3-4 man squad of stealth suits.

Meanwhile, I will be proxying some models (with some assorted marines) to play marines. I'm planning on starting a SM army in the very near future, but as of now, I am clueless.

Can anyone help? I am considering 3 medium (bout 7 men ea) squads with a special weapon in each for a mobile firebase, but I really have no idea if they can survive to my fast Tau. Is that a decent plan?

Also, if I use the above strategy, I have 155 points to buy some frills. I was about to get a predator, but of course, its combat patrol. So, what to take instead?

Thanks all!

I have a brilliant record in 500 point games, people tend not to pick what they would for say a 1000 point list but why shouldn't you? The way i see it the structure should be the same, there's just less troops! Here's my list;

My 500 point list is blood ravens; traits; see but don't be seen, trust you battle brothers, flesh over steel.

5x marines, bolters, frag, serg has term hon and pow weapon; true grit and counter attack 120

5x marines, bolters, frag, serg has term hon and pow weapon; true grit and counter attack 120

5x devs, 4x missile launchers; infiltrate 170

L/speeder tornado 80

= 500 points!

True grit gives your tac squads 2 attacks each basic with the serg's having the bonus of the power weapons. The devs have infiltrate so they can be deployed last for obvious reasons. It's best to have a dedicated squad like this rather than a heavy weapon slowing your tac squads down. And the tornado is deadly!

Good luck with you list!

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote