Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

DIY army "Emeror's Noose" my shot at Space marines
Old 28 Jan 2007, 17:46   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default DIY army "Emeror's Noose" my shot at Space marines

Fluff first then list...
Name: Emperor's Noose
Gene-Seed: Imeperial Fist & Cursed (By The Black Legion)
Colors: Tan/white/brown
Allies: Black templars, Imperial fists, Space wolves, Tau (Only with either the followers of farsight or followers of Aun'kara "The godly heretic")
Rivals: ELDAR!, Daemonhunters, Black legion, Tyraninds
Hero's:
Captain and 1st Company Honour Guard: "The Hangmen" Given this name after the long battle with an Eldar Farseer counsel. once the battle was over the Captain told his Honour guard to take the left over micro-metal fiber ropes from a Razorbacks suppies and hung each of the Farseers by there necks on there surviving Predator tank. Giving their chapter the name "The Emperor's Noose".

Captain Reavon: "The Exicutioner" Name given after giving the order to hang the eldar farseer council.

Sergeant Kradex of the Honour guard Squad: "The Voice of Death" Name given to him by his Squad for announcing the order of the hanging.

Brothers Vallinash, Erixiel, Darconial, and Axanadan: "The Four Nooses" Given these names after hanging the guilty

HQ-
Captain 1st Company Reavon "The Exicutioner"
power weapon

!st Company Command Squad "The Five nooses of Judgement "(5 w/ sergeant)

Razorback
Extra armor
Dozer Blades

Troops-

1st Company 1st Tactical Squad "Black Hoodsmen" (10 w/ sergeant)- 150
Sergeant close combat weapon & bolt pistol
Drop pod-30

1st Company 2nd Tactical Squad "Bearers of the Noose" (10 w/ sergeant)
Sergeant close combat weapon & bolt pistol
Drop pod

1st Company 1st Scout Squad "The Hounds of the Noose" (5 w/ sergeant)
5 w/ snipers

Fast Attack-
Assault Squad "Bringers of The Noose"(5 w/ sergeant)
Sergeant terminator honours
Power fist
Combat Shield
1 w/ plasma pistol

Heavy Support-
Predator Destructor "The Coffen"
Hevy bolters

"Make your sacafices... gather your dice... read your dex's like bibles... and live in fear of the dice gods' snake eyes which gaze upon those who are not worthy of the title 'Table master'..." -Shas'La N'dras Ka'ra
ShasLa Ndras Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2007, 18:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: DIY army "Emeror's Noose" my shot at Space marines

Nice theme but no anti-tank weapons besides the powerfist.
Why not bring a "Slipknot" or "Carrion Raven" Predator Anhilator to accompany the Coffen?
Frogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2007, 18:20   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm planning on extending my list to 1500 soon so i'll have some more anti-tank... my tau list has loads of anti-tank!
"Make your sacafices... gather your dice... read your dex's like bibles... and live in fear of the dice gods' snake eyes which gaze upon those who are not worthy of the title 'Table master'..." -Shas'La N'dras Ka'ra
Old 29 Jan 2007, 00:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Mavfreak

I love the fluff, its just so creative! The names could do with some work, but the way they got them is brilliantly thought up. Also, the color-scheme seems intresting... could you post some pics?

One bone to pick however, how can a space marine chapter have UltraMarines be a rival as much as the Tyranids are to them? I can't see two Space Marine chapters being bitter enemies to the result of battle on sight. An explanation, perhaps?

And Mav is the probably the smartest one of us, so it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

"Sex can wait, masturbate"
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2007, 19:22   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

As for the Ultra marines and tyranid rivals I did this cause in my story i'm righting over my Chapter one section my chapter was backstabbed by the ultramarines when dealing with Tyranid hive nest. My chapter was fairly new with very little soldiers to spair allied the Ultramarines but once the hive awoken the Ultramarines made like a bannana and split leaving my chapter behind... make some sence now?
Old 29 Jan 2007, 21:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Mavfreak

Perfect! I'm sorry, I just couldn't see two chapters fighting, but it makes sence now.

And Mav is the probably the smartest one of us, so it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

"Sex can wait, masturbate"
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2007, 22:03   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

And once i get my digital camera working i'll have pics of my paint scheme... and i'm working on converting eldar farseers to look like they were hung... and up them on my predy...
Old 29 Jan 2007, 22:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Mage001 Send a message via MSN to Mage001

While the rivalry does make sense, I find that it would probably be best to use a different SM chapter. Ultramarines are THE 'Nid hunters of the Adeptus Astartes, hence they have Tyranid Hunters. If would make a lot more sense to use a chapter such as the White Scars, given their tactic of hit and run. And unless they boarded the Hive Ships, the Hive would've already been awake when they reached the planet. Might be better to state that once the Hive Fleet began making progress on the world, the White Scars made a hasty retreat off the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan
I'd like to call it... "Fair", I mean, she has boobs, how'd we compete?
Mage001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2007, 22:12   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Makes sence... ok changing it up then...
Old 29 Jan 2007, 22:53   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Heres my painted marine!