Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

three-way combat patrol battle rep
Closed Thread
Old 21 Jan 2007, 19:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default three-way combat patrol battle rep

I have just played a three way combat patrol at my local GW store. To make it a bit one of the GW staff invented some rules which were as folows:

The central is the tower of the wrath of god, once per game turn whoever has uncontested control of the tower may invoke the wrath of god on a building, if succesfull a city ruin is downgraded to a dangerous city ruin and a dangerous city ruin to rubble.

To cast the wrath of god you must on the first turn roll a 6+, second turn 5+, third turn 4+ and so on and so forth.

I will be using diagrams which are as follows:

Red shapes are dangerous city ruins
Black shapes are city ruins and one bunker, the round one.
The green oval is a hill.
Blue arrows are movement or consolidation.
red arroes are charges.

is my rhino.
is one of the Ultramarines player's assault marines.
is one of the Ultramarines player's ordinary tactical marines.
is the Ultramarines players' tactical marine with a heavy bolter.
is my marine armed with a missile launcher.
is my marine armed with a plasma gun.
one of my tactical marines.
are one of the Templar player's marines, one with a lascannon, one with a plasma gun.
grey splodge is the templar player's unruly crusader squad.

Anyway on with the report.

Ultramarines get first turn, then templars then me.

Turn 1:

Ultramarine assault squad moves towards rhino and opens fire at side armour, plasma pistol shot destroys the rhino. The templars come out of the bunker towards the tower of the wrath of god but are still 12” away. I then use the tactical squad in the building to destroy the assault squad by shooting it. I rapid fire the plasma gun, the sergeant’s plasma pistol and the bolter, the plasma gun claims two, the missile launcher one (fired Krak), the plasma pistol two, and the bolters claimed the last one.

Turn two:

Turn two, the close Ultramarine tactical squad advanced towards the tower as did the templars but their large unruly crusader squad moved towards the large building on the left, then my tactical squad in the building takes aim and with a krak missile removes one man from the far Ultramarine tactical squad.

turn 3:

Turn three, Ultramarines try to get to the tower but can’t quite make. We then got confused about whose tern it was so the templar player made it my go, I shot at the far Ultramarine squad and missed. My other tactical squad moved towards the large building to try and get some cover. Templar player then moved towards my tactical squad in the large building shot them with an awful lot of bolters leaving two men who were promptly slaughtered, the templars then consolidated 1” towards my remaining squad. Wrath of God was called in on the building my last tactical squad was in but god wasn’t listening, unfortunately for me. If it was difficult terrain I might have to kill fewer templars in combat.

turn 4:

Final turn, turn four (we ran out of time). First of all the Ultramarines fire at the templars in the tower doing nothing. When the templars fire back (with a lascannon and plasma gun) three Ultramarines fall dead and the squad fell back. The templar mob moved into a position to charge and tried to invoke wrath of God but failed. From my position in the building I did the only thing I could open fire. Most of my shots wounded and most of the templar player’s crusaders fell dead, four survived, if they charged me I would be in cover and outnumber them 3 to 2. However time was called at the end of this turn and so we couldn’t continue.

The Ultramarines player had 118 victory points.
The templar player had 257 victory points.
I had 245 victory points.

The result a draw between myself and the templar player and a solid victory for both of us over the Ultramarines player.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 03:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mitch: the noob
Default Re: three-way combat patrol battle rep

heh, that grey sludge is very imposing!
nice game
smurf on smurf on smurf action...
very hot...
lol
i dont even want to think about the amount of work it would take to make fluff for that...
Old 22 Jan 2007, 17:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: three-way combat patrol battle rep

I imagine to make the fluff work you would need to have it being a training exercise in small scale engagements and the power of the emperor.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Closed Thread