Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Space marines Vs Eldar battle report
Closed Thread
Old 13 Jan 2007, 12:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Space marines Vs Eldar battle report

Points; 1500. Mission; Take and Hold. Objective; Chapel of Sanctuary.

Ultramarines; assault list (powergaming i know, trying to perfect a list for a raid style campaign i got coming up)

HQ; Master of sanct, pow fist, term hon, jump pack

Troops; 2x5 scouts cc weapons + b pistol

Elite; 6x vets cc weapons + b pistol, l claws, pow weap, serg term hon + pow fist, squad has furious charge, frag, mounted in razorback with twin las and smoke.

Elite; 6x vets bolter's, las and plas, infiltrate

Elite; 9x vets cc weapons + b pistol, pow fist, pow weap, serg term hon + pow fist, mounted in rhino with smoke.

Fast attack; 5x bikes inc plas, melta, 1x attack bike with multi melta, serg has term hon + pow weap, squad has melta bombs.

Fast attack; 9x assault marines, 2x plas pistols, serg term hon, pow fist + comb shield, squad has melta bombs.

Eldar list (3 wraithlords! that's not fair :-[)

HQ; Eldrad Ulthran

HQ; Avatar of khaine

Troops; 3x10 guardians + starcannon

Troops; 5x pathfinders

Elites; 7x strik scorps, exarch scorp claw, stalker + shadow strike

Fast attack; 2x Vypers (separate) 1 starcannon, 1 scatter laser, vectored engines

Heavy supp; 1 wraithlord, bright lance + wraithsword

Heavy supp; 2 wraithlord, bright lance.

Deployment;

centre board

marines left flank

marines right flank

Eldar player wins roll and goes first but is very cagey about advancing, understandably! Wraithlord and Vyper on marines left flank head down the board edge firing on razorback but failing to damage, scorpions move through cover advancing towards the razorback. Wraithlord centre board moves back and left to try and cover the rhino's undoubted advancing area. Wraithlord and Vyper on right flank kill one biker and one scout.

Marine first turn, Rhino advances centre board (wraithlord must have thought it was x mas) popping smoke and crossing there fingers! Razorback advances 6" down flank and destroys the vyper before the vets poor out of there transport and fire on the scorpions killing one. Fire support squad can still see the wraithlord and fire there lascannon on him taking a wound. Assault squad jump in behind the objective. Scouts and bikers advance down right flank, scouts fire on vyper tearing off the scatter laser and stunning the crew. The bikers take two wounds from the wraithlord.

Eldar turn two, Eldrad uses guide on wraithlord and fortune on guardians, despite guide the wraithlord still manages to miss the rhino completely lol. Avatar fires his wailing doom on the rhino stunning the crew before the pathfinders fire on it immobilising it! Pathfinders! Tsk. Wraithlord on left flank misses razorback, scorpions charge and wipe out vet squad! :-[ On the right flank the guardians advance and fire on the scouts killing three and forcing the sergeant to fall back. The wraithlord fires and charges the bikers killing three before he himself is struck down.

Marine turn two, razorback retreats but fires on the wraithlord taking another wound. Vets dismbark the immobilised rhino and head for the ruins. The attack bike on the right flank finishes the vyper. Scouts charge guardians reducing there number to 2 but take one casualty in doing so. It's time for the assault squad to do there thing and they jump forward into the guardian squad annihilating them before consolidating into Eldrad.

Eldar turn three, Scorpions move through ruins towards fire support squad, Avatar moves towards Eldrad but it's too late, the assault squad have taken three casualties but have killed the farseer and the wraithlord, they then consolidate into the pathfinders. The wraithlord on the left flank destroys the razorback. The scouts on the right flank finish off the guardians.

Marine turn three, fire support squad move into the ruins with the vets following, firing on the scorpions amounting to a grand total of 1 dead! Booooo. Assault squad wipes out the pathfinders and consolidates into the avatar :-\

Eldar turn four, guardians run towards the objective whilst the avatar holds up the assault squad, it's a bloody battle as the avatar tears apart three marines before being slain. The remaining wraithlord moves slowly through the ruins. The scorpions charge the fire support squad killing four.

Marine turn four, the attack bike and assault squad pounce on the guardians first shooting then assaulting them and after reducing them to three they catch the remainder fleeing and tear them pieces. The vet squad charge the scorpions to help the fire support squad and although they take two casualties the marines kill four of the scorpions. With there numbers reduced the scorpions flee but are caught and slain. With only the wraithlord left on one wound the Eldar player concedes.

Conclusion; i think the eldar player could have used Eldrad a bit better, i got my assault squad (who were awesome!) into combat with him ASAP cos i thought he'd mind war me to death but i got him before he had chance. My assault squad just consolidated from squad to squad tearing everyone to bits! It was a messy game but one that i really enjoyed. Apart from the scorpions slaughtering my vet squad and my rhino being immobilised by path finders!

Old 13 Jan 2007, 12:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Space marines Vs Eldar battle report

Nice job! I've had a game with the Eldar scum myself
Old 13 Jan 2007, 12:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

[quote=ChiliFriez]

And did you win?

Old 13 Jan 2007, 17:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke

Nice job there.

Although, I would have preferred to see more tactical Marines instead of the scouts you took.
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
Old 13 Jan 2007, 17:31   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Nice job......

But that guy's wraithlord is awesome.........is it the last remaining one or is it one of the dead ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 13 Jan 2007, 18:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

No it's one of the dead ones, and actually both armies are mine, he has an eldar army i just let him use some of my figures

Old 13 Jan 2007, 20:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yup I did win. Only 500pts though, and again great job, I would like to see more batreps like this.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 05:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Awesome ROM! Excellent pictures! It was very easy to follow the action.

That WraithLord is incredible! If you painted it, then bravo to you!
Closed Thread