Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 pts Tourney list
Closed Thread
Old 27 Dec 2006, 13:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default 1500 pts Tourney list

Hi guys, here's my list for a forthcoming tourney in my area. Looking at last years results i think my main enemies are likely to be eldar, tau and necrons. So with that in mind I've tried to make a balanced force but I've a funny feeling it maybe lacking against the tau and necrons, both of which I've never played. Could you please rate the list and maybe give me any tips and/or pointers. This will be my first tourney. Thanks in advance.

HQ;
Master of sanctity, Term honours, Power fist, Adamintine mantle, Jump pack
195 points (he will join assault squad below)

Troops;
10 scouts, close combat weapons and bolt pistols 130 points

10 marines, Sergeant has Term honours, Power fist and bolt pistol. Squad mounted in Rhino with extra armour and smoke. 238 points

6 marines, Plasmagun and Lascannon. 108 points

6 scouts, 5 sniper rifles, 1 heavy bolter

Fast attack;
Land speeder tornado 80 points

Land speeder tornado 80 points

9 assault marines, 2 plasma pistols, Sergeant Term honours, Power fist and Combat shield. 233 points

Heavy support;
6 marines 4 missile launchers 170 points

6 marines 4 heavy bolters 150 points

Total 1499 points

There are no traits in this army.

Intentions against most enemies are for scouts with sniper rifles to try and pin and generally cause an annoyance. Heavies to stand and shoot taking out elite troops and tanks etc. 6 marines are fire support, 10 marines will hopefully advance into cover and take the fight to the enemy, assault squad will try to cause carnage wherever needed supported by the 10 scouts and the tornado's will mop up and/or try to outflank enemies.

Any constructive criticism is welcomed, thank you in advance!

Old 29 Dec 2006, 04:00   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: 1500 pts Tourney list

Not much bad that I can see to this army.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 23:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

One Rhino? Who ever heard of one rhino?? I hope you don't plan on that squad moving very far. There's not even any special weapons in that squad making it highly unlikely that approxamately 1/6th of your army won't even get to ATTACK the entire game. Trade it for another assault squad for a much more effective similiar-purpose unit.
Otherwise, I would be honored to fight such a list.
Old 01 Jan 2007, 12:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

The idea is that the squad won't get too far. Just far enough to draw a bit of fire and maybe an assault then my assault sqaud can either support them or use the rhino as cover. Once the squads disembarked if the enemy see no point in wasting the rhino then i'll just drive it about blocking los.
This may seem like an expensive meat shield but no ones gonna ignore that many marines

One Rhino? Who ever heard of one rhino?? I hope you don't plan on that squad moving very far. There's not even any special weapons in that squad making it highly unlikely that approxamately 1/6th of your army won't even get to ATTACK the entire game. Trade it for another assault squad for a much more effective similiar-purpose unit.
Otherwise, I would be honored to fight such a list.
[/quote]

Old 01 Jan 2007, 14:21   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Thats a good Tactic, I did that with my LRC and bike marines in the last tournament. Bosted the marines till just outside the enemies charge range, used that 3 up invunerable very well, popped the smoke on the LRC, and then charged a 15 man squad out of the LRC into the enemy lines turn two.
Closed Thread