Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fists of Flame, Army List
Old 22 Dec 2006, 11:11   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Fists of Flame, Army List

[size=19pt]HQ[/size]

[size=14pt]Librarian Calso, Saviour of the Dunin Crusade[/size]
Wargear: Psychic hood, combat shield, force sword, storm bolter and artificer armour.
Psychic Powers: Viel of time.

[size=14pt]Kypion, Champion of the Light[/size]
Wargear: Bolt pistol, artificer armour, rosarius and crozius arcanum.

[size=19pt]Elites[/size]

[size=14pt]The Storm Chasers, Assault Squad[/size]
Squad: 5 Space Marines and Veteran Sergeant 'Storm Chaser' Mathews.
Weapons: Bolt pistols, jump packs and close combat weapons. One carries a plasma gun.
Mathews has a power fist and plasma pistol.
The entire squad carries frag grenades.

[size=14pt]Brother Tigerian, Venerable Dreadnought[/size]
Weapons: Assault cannon, Dreadnought close combat weapon and heavy flamer.

[size=14pt]Brother Borris, Dreadnought[/size]
Weapons: Assault cannon, Dreadnought close combat weapon and storm bolter.

[size=19pt]Troops[/size]

[size=14pt]The Deathstalkers, Tactical Squad[/size]
Squad: 9 Space Marines and Veteran Sergeant Grim 'Deathstalker' Holgan.
Weapons: Bolt pistols and close combat weapons. One carries a meltagun.
Grim Holgan has a power fist and bolt pistol, purity seals and teleport homer.

[size=14pt]Nightstorm, Scout Squad[/size]
Squad: 4 Scouts and Veteran Sergeant Jim 'Nightstorm' Howlin.
Weapons: Bolt pistols and close combat weapons
Jim Howlin carries a power sword and bolt pistol.

[size=14pt]The Sniper Wolves, Scout Squad[/size]
Squad: 4 Scouts and Veteran Sergeant Drim 'Sniper Wolf' Brass.
Weapons: Bolt pistols and close combat weapons. Two Scouts carry sniper files.
Drim Brass carries a power fist and bolt pistol.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2006, 15:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Fists of Flame, Army List

The HQs are good, moderately priced andset for one thing: combat... You can't get a support Chaplain and your Librarian is just begging to be thrown in... But unless you're rtunning the Librarian with a squad I suggest an Iron Halo instead of a combat shield, as the later's invulnerable save is only in close combat... And the stormbolter shouldn't be there, as the combat shield can only be used with one-handed weapons...

I imagine you have the 'Blessed Be the Warriors' Trait, seeing as you fielded an Assault squad as elite...
On that note, 5 Marines is too little for an Assault squad... They have jump packs, they are a top priority, they will get shot to bits before ever seeing combat...

Purity seals is kind of a waste unless you plan to be at the board edge the entire game, and if you are, a meltagun isn't going to help you much... Plasma is much more versatiel in my opinion... I see that you plan to enter your Assault Marines via Deep Strike, it's better than footslogging and getting ripped apart... Take a few Marnes from your first sqaud and put them in your second, just to even it out a bit and make one not so much a priority...

So, 'Take the Fight to Them' is your second trait? You really should tell us these things... I really don't see what you're doing with thi squad, as it's too small to be really effective in close combat...

I'm not a fan of scouts, but if you have 2 sniper rifles, why do you have bolt pistols and close combat weapons? It looks like this squad is supposed to be long range fire support, so I suggest canning the BP+CCW and adding a heavy bolter/missile launcher... Also, put a power weapon instead of a fist on the sargeant, as the probably won't see combat, and if they do I doubt the fist is going to be more useful than the power weapon...

When you post an army list, you really should post some type of strategy so we can help you more effectively...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Terminatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2006, 20:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to captain_octavain

Librarian-loose the storm bolter and artificer armour(unless your facing a lot of AP:3 weapons and this is only a 1000 game, use the arti armor for bigger games)
Chaplin-again loose the artificer armour
Assault squad- can't have a plasma gun, but you can take a plasma pistol
`sniper wolves` loose the power fist on the vet.

maby drop an HQ for more troops

witout the artificer armor,storm bolter and power fist buy 5 more scouts and a heavy bolter for your `night storm squad`
also you have a very small army...
for preserving my rights
to live and die for this life
and paying the ultimate price for me to be...FREE!
captain_octavain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2006, 02:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The ven dred kinda bothers me. Do you REALLY need a Heavy flamer that will most likely not get used? You may be better off either

A: Finding the points to get a drop pod for it (most likely by dropping the artificer armor on both HQ's,)

Or

B:
1)Drop the tele homer on the Tact squad and the P.Fist and Term Honors on the Sniping Scout Squad.
2)Upgrade the sarge and one other scout with sniper rifles, and give the third a Heavy Bolter. That way you can maxmize the amount of rifle shots from the squad and give you 3 S5 shots at matched range, making it more likely you will at least do a casuality, even if it isn't a pinning shot.
3)Making the Ven Dred's Dred CCW a Missle Launcher (Which is the same cost as adding a heavy flamer,) ANd on top of that giving it Tank Hunters. That way you pretty much have a very deadly 24" killzone, since any tanks that get in there have to face not only a Missle Launcher (Which will be S9 when firing at it,) But 4 S7 shots that Rend, (Again thanks to Tank Hunters)

As for the rest of your list, Think about dropping the libarian, He seems like a dangler and the points are btter used to beef up the Nightstorm Scout squad AND the Assault Squad

P.S.: The points on the first Dread is off, you are over by 12 points. So you may have enough points to give the Nightstorm Sarge a P.Fist along with beefing it up to 10 strong.

And the model count as of now is at 29, Small yes but could be worse.

tanarin is offline   Reply With Quote