Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Salamanders 1,000 and 1,500
Closed Thread
Old 11 Dec 2006, 19:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Salamanders 1,000 and 1,500

Ok, after being bored in chemistry today, I decided to write some lists for a fluffy salamnders armoy based off of the topic I created earlier

Master
Artificer Armor
Iron Halo
Master-crafted Power Weapon
Terminator Honors
165 Points

Venerable Dreadnought
Multi-melta
Heavy Flamer
Tank Hunter
155 Points

Troop 1+2
8 Marines
2 plasma/melta [whichever I feel is appropriate at the time]
Vet Sergeant
Master-crafted Power Fist [I might as well M-C it, becuase I usually miss the attacks that count]
175 Points

Troop 3+4
6 Marines
Plasma/Multi-melta
Vet Sergeant
Storm Bolter
Drop Pod
165 Points

Total: 1,000 Points

Master
Artificer Armor
Iron Halo
Terminator Honors
165 Points

Reclusiarch
Master-crafted Crozius Arcanum
Terminator Honors
Bolt Pistol
Melta Bombs
121 Points

Venerable Dreadnought
Multi-melta
Heavy Flamer
Tank Hunter
155 Points

Dreadnought
Multi-melta
Heavy Flamer
125 Points

Troop 1+2
8 Marines
Vet Sergeant
Master-crafted Power Fist [I might as well M-C it, becuase I usually miss the attacks that count]
175 Points

Troop 3+4
8 Marines
Plasma/Multi-melta
Vet Sergeant
Storm Bolter
Drop Pod
165 Points

Attack Bike Squad
3 Bikes
3 Multi-meltas
195 Points

Total: 1,501 Points

The Attack bikes are a little sketchy in the 1,500 point list, the Chaplain is a little questionable and I may have put too many points into the Master... Any comments?

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 11 Dec 2006, 22:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Salamanders 1,000 and 1,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminatus
Ok, after being bored in chemistry today, I decided to write some lists for a fluffy salamnders armoy based off of the topic I created earlier

Master
Artificer Armor
Iron Halo
Terminator Honors
165 Points
Only one weapon? A pistol at least or with salamanders a storm shield and lightning claw are a cool combo and so is a thunder hammer although thats not so great on an IC.

Quote:
Venerable Dreadnought
Multi-melta
Heavy Flamer
Tank Hunter
155 Points
Looks good.

Quote:
Troop 1+2
8 Marines
Vet Sergeant
175 Points
Also not bad but for Salamanders a Thunder Hammer might do just as well since your already paying a lot for the master crafting.

Quote:
Troop 3+4
6 Marines
Plasma/Multi-melta
Vet Sergeant
Storm Bolter
Drop Pod
165 Points
Drop podding you might as well just use 2 meltas and a combi melta IMO. not a bad 1000pt list, certainly lots of marines which is always good.

Quote:

Master
Artificer Armor
Iron Halo
Terminator Honors
165 Points
Same as above.

Quote:
Reclusiarch
Master-crafted Crozius Arcanum
Terminator Honors
Bolt Pistol
Melta Bombs
121 Points
Master crafting only really does its job when your not charging and with a chappy you always want him to be charging attatched to a nice big squad, you could shave some points by dropping the master craft even if it is fluffy.

Quote:
Venerable Dreadnought
Multi-melta
Heavy Flamer
Tank Hunter
155 Points
Again looks good.

Quote:
Dreadnought
Multi-melta
Heavy Flamer
125 Points
Not bad but extra armor might be nice so it can at least keep coming and the veny dread could benefit from the same.

Quote:
Troop 1+2
8 Marines
Vet Sergeant
175 Points
Same comments as above.

Quote:
Troop 3+4
8 Marines
Plasma/Multi-melta
Vet Sergeant
Storm Bolter
Drop Pod
165 Points
Again the same comments.

Quote:
Attack Bike Squad
3 Bikes
3 Multi-meltas
195 Points

Total: 1,501 Points

The Attack bikes are a little sketchy in the 1,500 point list, the Chaplain is a little questionable and I may have put too many points into the Master... Any comments?
The attack bikes are sketchy but only a little, the master is not that expencive and the chaplain can deffinetly be useful but he does not really have a squad to attatch to and boost its ability. I would drop the attack bikes for an assault squad the chappy can join.

Otherwise the lists look pretty good. Salamanders are deffinetly a fluffy and fun army to play.

Old 12 Dec 2006, 02:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Only one weapon? A pistol at least or with salamanders a storm shield and lightning claw are a cool combo and so is a thunder hammer although thats not so great on an IC.
I meant to give him something like that... oh well, it's only one point...

Quote:
Also not bad but for Salamanders a Thunder Hammer might do just as well since your already paying a lot for the master crafting.
The M-C Power Fist costs exactly as much as the Thunder hammer... and things that aren't instant deathed by the fist are things that my troops shouldn't be in combat with in the first place (and with the fist I can choose to turn it off)

Quote:
Drop podding you might as well just use 2 meltas and a combi melta IMO. not a bad 1000pt list, certainly lots of marines which is always good.
I didn't think of that... it would cost exactly the same as my current squad, so no hassle there...

Quote:
Master crafting only really does its job when your not charging and with a chappy you always want him to be charging attatched to a nice big squad, you could shave some points by dropping the master craft even if it is fluffy.
To be honest, I had 120 extra points lying around because I miscalculated and the codex was already open to that page, so what the hell, right? I planned to attach each HQ to a sqaud as I have 2 that aren't drop podding...

Quote:
The attack bikes are sketchy but only a little, the master is not that expencive and the chaplain can deffinetly be useful but he does not really have a squad to attatch to and boost its ability. I would drop the attack bikes for an assault squad the chappy can join.
I really don't fell comfortable with Assault Marines in the list, although I could remove their jump packs... I probably should use them since I actually have them as opposed to the attack bikes which I do not... I'll see what I can do...

Thanks for the response... Anyone else?

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 12 Dec 2006, 04:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

I din't like the idea of Drop Pods in a Salamander army at all. It just doesn't suit them and their fluff IMO.

They've always struck me as the kind of chapter that like to keep their feet on the ground, having a solid infantry advance. Very much like the Death Guard. I can't see them employing the rapid Drop Pod assault very often as other Marine Chapters do. Plus, they couldn't really train in the use of them too well on their homeworld.

Drop Pods are very effective though, just not fluffy for Salamanders.

I can't really see a place for the Chaplain in the second list, and I agree that Attack Bikes are more fluffy than Assault squads. You could get another Dread for his points.

I don't like the Sarg's with Storm Bolters, your dropping into Rapid Fire range most of the time anyway, so a regular Marine with a Bolter will do the same job. If anything give him a combi Plasma/Melta.

Old 12 Dec 2006, 18:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Alright... Chemistry rolled around again today and I decided to take a diffrerent approach to this list...

Master
Artificer Armor
Iron Halo
Terminator Honors
Bolt Pistol
Melta Bombs
171 Points

Troop 1, 2+3
8 Marines
Vet Sergeant
175 Points

Venerable Dreadnought
Multi-melta
Heavy Flamer
Tank Hunter
Extra Armor
160 Points

Dreadnought
Multi-melta
Heavy Flamer
Extra Armor
130 Points

Total: 981 Points

Master
Artificer Armor
Iron Halo
Terminator Honors
Bolt Pistol
Melta Bombs
Command Squad
171 Points

Command Squad
8 Marines
Vet Sergeant
Master Crafted Thunderhammer
190 Points

Troop 1, 2+3
8 Marines
Vet Sergeant
175 Points

Venerable Dreadnought
Multi-melta
Heavy Flamer
Tank Hunter
Extra Armor
160 Points

Dreadnoughts 1+2
Multi-melta
Heavy Flamer
Extra Armor
130 Points

Attack Bike Squad
3 bikes
3 multi-meltas
195 Points

Total: 1,496 Points

What should I do with the leftover points in my 1,000 point list? I want to keep the squads even, but I might as well go for the Command Squad there too... I don't think there's anything worthwhile to do with the leftover points in my 1,500 list...

Any suggestions?

Quote:
Old 12 Dec 2006, 20:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

I really like the second list [1500 Points].

37 Infantry,
3 Walkers,
8 Plasma/Melta,
4 Powerfist/Thunder Hammers,
3 Heavy Flamers,
6 Multi Meltas [!].

I'd give all the squads besides the command squads Plasma, you don't really need too many Melta Guns with that many Multi Meltas.

There is nothing that I would change about that list.

With the spare 20 points in the first list, I'd just upgrade one of those powerfists to a Master Crafted Thunder Hammer for a lil extra fluff.

Old 12 Dec 2006, 20:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sounds like a plan... I should proably designate it 'the command squad' like I have in my 1,500 list... I really appreciate your help, Veq...

Wow... I can't believe how easy that was to make a fluffy list that wasn't absolutely retarded...

So the first list reworked would look like this

Master

Artificer Armor
Iron Halo
Terminator Honors
Bolt Pistol
Melta Bombs
171 Points

Command Squad
8 Marines
Vet Sergeant
Master Crafted Thunderhammer
190 Points

Troop 1+2
8 Marines
Vet Sergeant
175 Points

Venerable Dreadnought
Multi-melta
Heavy Flamer
Tank Hunter
Extra Armor
160 Points

Dreadnought
Multi-melta
Heavy Flamer
Extra Armor
130 Points

Total: 1,001 Points

Anyone else?

Quote:
Closed Thread