Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Army list take two
Closed Thread
Old 11 Dec 2006, 00:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to TheEmperorsJanitor Send a message via Yahoo to TheEmperorsJanitor
Default Army list take two

[size=14pt] SONS OF CRONUS ARMY LIST TAKE 2[/size]

Traits: Trust your battle brothers
drawbacks: Death Before dishonor

[hr]
[hr]

[HQ]

HQ 1:Master : 146 points
- Lightning claw
- storm bolter
- Iron Halo
- Terminator Honours
- Frag Grenades
[hr]

[ELITES]

None

[hr]

[TROOPS]

Troops 1:Tactical squad :220 points
- 9 marines, Trust your battle brothers
Meltagun
Veteran Sergeant w/ Powerfist

Rhino: Attached to Tactical squad 1: 55 Points
- Extra Armour

Troops 2:Scout squad:169 points
- 7 scouts w/sniper rifles
- 1 scout with Missle Launcher
- Scout sergent with sniper rifle

Troops 3:tactical squad:220 points
- 9 marines, Trust your battle brothers
Meltagun
veteran Sergent w/ Powerfist

Troops 4:Tactical squad:100 points
- 4 marines
Lascannon, plasma gun
Sergent

[hr]

[FAST ATTACK]

Fast Attack 1:Assault squad:270 points
- 9 assault marines
2x plasma pistols
Veteran Sergent
Powerfist
storm shield

[hr]

[HEAVY SUPPORT]

Heavy Support 1:Whirlwind: 85 points

Heavy Support 2:Whirlwind: 85 points

Heavy Support 3: Predator Anhilator: 150 Points
- Lascannon sponsons
- Extra Armour
[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1,500 [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

So post away! tell me what I can do to make this army more effective.
I just don't get the attraction, how is a vampire girl sexy? It's a monster, it wants to kill you, stop thinking about having sex with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord General Thunder
You just wasted 5 seconds of my life, you prick.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 01:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Army list take two

HQ
Master - Pbbbt! Pick a job and stick to it. You want either a close-combat oriented Master or a cheap LD spreader. I recommend the latter. Quick drops: exchange the Lightning Claw for a power weapon, drop the Halo for a combat shield. Furthermore, you payed 6 points too little.

Elite
Dread - Meh. I'd say drop the Furious Charge; as slow and fragile as a dreadnought is, he won't be getting much use out of it.

Troops
Tac1 - Fist! Power fist, not sword. Drop the pintle-stormbolter on the rhino, it's way too expensive.

Scouts - Peachy, except that you don't need the Veteran Sergeant.

Tac2 - Close, but no cigar. You over-payed by 10 points. Get these guys a transport or something, along with a special weapon.

Tac3 - 100 points, not 95. Get a sixth man.

Fast Attack
AssSquad - Drop the Storm Shield on the Sergeant. Losing an attack is not worth the invulnerable save that you'll never use.

Heavy
Not a big fan of whirlinds, and you lack anti-armour.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 11 Dec 2006, 01:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

personally, I really don't like the min/maxing of the 4th troop choice... what are you going to do with that lascannon the first 2 turns when you have to move. Or if you don't move, what are you going to do with that plasma gun? I say get rid of it and trick out some of your other units...

Adding another assault marine to the unit would up it's survivability, or maybe put those points into a dev squad and get two lascannons... or better yet, outfit your other veteran sargeant with a powerfist?

By the way, you do know that only models with bolters benefit from True Grit (i.e. not your meltagunner)?

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 11 Dec 2006, 01:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to TheEmperorsJanitor Send a message via Yahoo to TheEmperorsJanitor

Yes, I know that meltagunners won't benefit, but I thought that you had to give Trust Your BB to every member of a squad. Also, if it says 9 marines, then the sergent is considered the tenth, sorry for the confusion.
I just don't get the attraction, how is a vampire girl sexy? It's a monster, it wants to kill you, stop thinking about having sex with it!
Quote:
Old 11 Dec 2006, 01:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

OK, just making sure... I don't know if you have to buy it for the whole squad but I didn't know about the special weapons guys not getting TG... Also, as tempting as it is to be 'Hey, the more guys I have, the longer the squad will survive' it's really not worth it to cram that many guys into a single troop choice... The general rule of thumb for things like this is 8-man CC squads and 6-man Shooty squads so as to have things spread out and more maneuverable...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 11 Dec 2006, 02:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Having 10 is just fine. After all, they're Marines. The more the merrier. Well, so long as they're doing their job, like unloading from a Rhino and blowing infantry to hell.

You have to buy True Grit & Counter Attack for the entire squad. True Grit only works with Bolters, and Storm Bolters if you're power-armoured Grey Knights. However, one might say that the special weapon carriers have bolters (which they do, technically), but it's not going to make many friends.

Keep the lascannon in the 3rd Tac squad. It's a great weapon, and Las/Plas squads work very well.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 14 Dec 2006, 00:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Does anyone else have any comments? I need to be sure about this so I don't waste anymore time and money on useles stuff.
Quote:
Old 14 Dec 2006, 19:12   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to captain_octavain

either give your scouts bolters or take away your sniper and missle launcher.

and give your master a bolt pistol instead of a storm bolter.

otherwise pretty it's solid, i like it.
for preserving my rights
to live and die for this life
and paying the ultimate price for me to be...FREE!
Closed Thread