Closed Thread
Old 30 Nov 2006, 22:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default SW 1000 point all comers list NO HEAVY SUPPORT

[size=14pt]Army Name: (Space Wolves) [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

[HQ]

HQ 1: (Wolf Guard Battle Leader and 4 Body Guards): (278)
- (HQ-Frost Fang Runic Armour, BP)
-(WG Body Guard 1 -CCW/Bolter)
-(WG Body Guard 2 - Terminator Armour/ Assualt Cannon Power Weapon)
-(WG Body Gurard 3 -Terminator Armour/Assualt Cannon Power Weapon)
-(WG Body Guard 4 - CCW/Storm Bolter)

These guys are going to just walk in blazing, Behind the Dred.

HQ 1: (Venerable Dread): (163)
- (Assault Cannon, DCCW, Extra Armour, Smoke)

The Dred will lead the charge, he would have Hvy Flamer but no points left. Beside he is a distraction to the shooty HQ.

[hr]

[ELITES]

Elite 1: (Wolf Scouts 5 ): (85)
- (CCW/BPs, Frags, CCW/Plasma Pistol)

These guys come in from behind enemy lines and tie up any heavy support, the Plasma Pistol is only for rear armour.

[hr]

[TROOPS]

Troops 1: (Grey Hunters and 9 in a Drop Pod): (226)
- (Pod-7xbolter/CCW, 1x Bolter/Powerfist, 1xBolter Power Weapon)

With the Drop Pod I should be able to drop them in where ever I need the support. I hope to have them by turn 3.

Troops 2: (Blood Claws and 8 with attached Wolf Guard Leader): (248)
- (WGL- Lighting Claws and Meltabombs)
-(6 BCs with BP/CCW and 2x BP/PFs)
Mounted in Rhino with Extra Amour and Smoke

I hope to run these guys up near the HQ as support before they break off and attack something else. Melta bombs are only on the WGL Just in case since I have a lack of hvy weapons.

[hr]

Been awhile since I have played the SWs, Let me know what you guys think. I might drop the pod and other stuff to get a speeder with Hvy Bolter and Assault Cannon, but that is 80 which might get dropped quickly!

I think this is a good list all around. But I'll let you guys let me know. Thanks in advance.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 02 Dec 2006, 14:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: SW 1000 point all comers list NO HEAVY SUPPORT

I thought Space Wolves couldnt use drop pods?? Something about they distrust them and all that. Its been a while since I've looked at my codex :P

Honestly, way to many Wolf Guard for my liking. They eat up points like theres no tommorrow, and that reduces the model count and effectiveness of your army.

The scouts seem alright, but heres how I would equip them to make them more effective:

1 Wolf Guard w/ Thuunder Hammer, Plasma Pistol
1 Scout w/ Melta gun
2 Scouts w/ Plasma Pistols
1 Scout w/ bolt pistol and CCW

I have used this many times, and this unit has saved my ass sooooo many times its not even funny. One game, It OBEL'ed behind my buddies defiler took that out, and when he sent his Bloodthirster at them, they took that out, then came the Daemon Prince. All three of those units have caused me problems with every other army, but in that game, with Space Wolves, I was able to destroy him, because of that one unit.

Granted it is a little pricey, but I've found that it makes more then its points back easily enough.

Snow
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 02 Dec 2006, 18:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Snow
I thought Space Wolves couldnt use drop pods?? Something about they distrust them and all that. Its been a while since I've looked at my codex :P

Honestly, way to many Wolf Guard for my liking. They eat up points like theres no tommorrow, and that reduces the model count and effectiveness of your army.

The scouts seem alright, but heres how I would equip them to make them more effective:

1 Wolf Guard w/ Thuunder Hammer, Plasma Pistol
1 Scout w/ Melta gun
2 Scouts w/ Plasma Pistols
1 Scout w/ bolt pistol and CCW

Snow

Space Wolves don't Teleport. Drop Pods are okay.

I usually take a Predator, but that will get destroyed too easily. I am counting on the two extra Assualt Cannons to due a lot of damage.

I also thought of dropping the Pod to add in more troops or more BCs by dropping the rhino, which I think I will do.

Thanks for the advice, I will be beefing up the Scouts.

I think your right and they can do more damage and be more of a danger than a distraction.
_______

I hope this list works, I really did not feel like playing my Wolves just like a normal marine army.

I hope to use the scouts to tie up the enemy or hit their heavy armour or heavy support troops.

WT

Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 12 Dec 2006, 23:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Why a Wolf guard Battle Leader? Use a Wolf Priest they come with a power weapon and 4+ invuln save and have better stats if i'm correct.

I'd go for Melta guns rather than Plasm pistol if all you have them for is vehicle killing.

Can only have 1 Assault Cannon per 3 Wolf guard round up (in wolf guard section of codex) .ie those 4 dudes you have can only have 1 assault cannon until you up their numbers to 6.

Closed Thread