Warhammer 40K Forum

1800 Black Templar Army
Closed Thread
Old 26 Nov 2006, 23:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default 1800 Black Templar Army

Black Templars
2nd Elite Company: The Black Requiem

(HQ)-Emperorís Champion-Armor of Faith; Crusader Seals; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol; The Black Sword; Vows: Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Odds
Total: 140 points

(HQ)-Marshall-Artificer Armor; Auspex; Holy Orb of Antioch; Iron Halo; Frag Grenades; Melta Bombs; Terminator Honors; Crusader Seals; Master-Crafted Lightning Claws; Bionics; Vow: Accept Any Challenge, No Matter The Odds
Total: 208 points

(HQ)-Master of Sanctity-Rosarius; Artificer Armor; Holy Orb of Antioch; Krak Grenades; Master-Crafted Crozious Arcanum; Terminator Honors; Bionics; Crusader Seals; Plasma Pistol; Auspex; Vow: Accept Any Challenge, No Matter The Odds
Total: 193 points

(HQ)-Command Squad
Veteran Sergeant-Crusader Seals: Terminator Honors; Bolt Pistol; Power Sword; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Furious Charge-Total: 81 points
Veteran Marines-Terminator Honors; Crusader Seals; Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon (x5); Heavy Bolter (x1); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Furious Charge-Total: 219 points
Total: 300

(Elites)-Venerable Dreadnought-Walker; Venerable; Twin-Linked Lascannon; Dreadnought Power Fist; Heavy Flamer; Furious Charge; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers
Total: 173 points

(Elites)-Techmarine -Independent Character; Blessing of the Omnissiah; Crusader Seals; Holy Orb of Antioch; Servo Harness; Gun Servitor (x1: Plasma Cannon); Tech Servitor (x3); Signum; Storm Bolter
Total: 231 points

(Troops)-Crusader Squad-Crusader Seals; Krak Grenades; Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon (x1); x3 Bolters; Flamer (x1); Bolt Pistol & Power Weapon (x1)
Total: 142 points

(Troops)-Crusader Squad-Crusader Seals; Krak Grenades; Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon (x1); Bolters (x4); Missile Launcher (x1)
Total: 136 points

(Troops)-Crusader Squad-Crusader Seals; Krak Grenades; Bolters (x4); Missile Launcher (x1); Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon (x1)

(Fast Attack)-Black Templars Assault Squad-Melta Bombs; Frag Grenades; Combat Shield & Power Fist (x1); Plasma Pistol & Close Combat Weapon (x1); Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon (x3)-Total: 143 points

Total: 1802 points

Good? Or Bad? Don't be too harsh.

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Old 27 Nov 2006, 00:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: 1800 Black Templar Army

I dont have a whole lot to say about the individual squads. However I would say your army lacks anti armor big time at such a point level. More fire support elements and stronger and faster assault elements would not be a miss. Way too few marines and way too much wargear all around though not knowing the full ins and outs of the Templars but you could deffinetly do with some more heavy weapons and stronger assault elements. Right now your army is way too few, every cassualty will hurt. Your Dread, being the only armored vehicle in your list, will take very single anti tank weapon in your opponents army and just die and then those guns will turn against your small squads and obliterate them one at a time. You need more bodies, more specialized squads and less wargear spiking your costs. Skim on the upgrades and add some more marines. You could use some more dedicated fire support units and some more speed to your list. Right now you have a lot walking and very little that can move quickly and nothing that could challenge the speed of other armies. Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau, Tyranids, and Orks could all run circles around you and thats not good. Since many of your units are walking to the enemy and rhinos arent really great transports, just great mobile terrain you need other ways to ensure they get there. More assault marines for instance to lock up the enemy before they can gun down your assault elements. Rhinos to block LOS and fire support squads to take the damage until your other units can reach their target.

Thats just my analysis tactically of your list.

Old 28 Nov 2006, 00:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to titankiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Inquisitor Matthias
Black Templars
2nd Elite Company: The Black Requiem

(HQ)-Emperorís Champion-Armor of Faith; Crusader Seals; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol; The Black Sword; Vows: Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Odds
Total: 140 points
Unless I&#39;m much mistaken, posting statlines is a no-no. I would remove them ASAP, before a mod sees. As far as the EC is concerned, I like him. I use this vow almost everytime I play.

Quote:
(HQ)-Marshall-Artificer Armor; Auspex; Holy Orb of Antioch; Iron Halo; Frag Grenades; Melta Bombs; Terminator Honors; Crusader Seals; Master-Crafted Lightning Claws; Bionics; Vow: Accept Any Challenge, No Matter The Odds
Total: 208 points
Too big, too flashy. Throw out the Artificer Armor, Auspex, and Bionics at the very least. Bionics will rarely save you, Auspex is pretty much worthless seeing as how he doesn&#39;t have a gun, much less one that can reach out to the required ranges, and Artificer Armor is too expensive for what it does. Consider this: the only times you will require a 2+ is in CC, or when he is getting shot. Being an IC, he won&#39;t get shot very often, and if he is, its probably going through a 2+. In CC, weapons will either ignore your save entirely (irregardless of what it is), or they won&#39;t (in which case, a 3+ will save you most of the time). I might drop the Halo in favor of a combat shield, simply to save points. Oh, and seeing as how the chappy is walking too, I figure he&#39;ll be with the command squad, so having the master-crafting is pointless, as the chappy allows you to re-roll failed to-hits.

Quote:
(HQ)-Master of Sanctity-Rosarius; Artificer Armor; Holy Orb of Antioch; Krak Grenades; Master-Crafted Crozious Arcanum; Terminator Honors; Bionics; Crusader Seals; Plasma Pistol; Auspex; Vow: Accept Any Challenge, No Matter The Odds
Total: 193 points
Again, too big, too flashy. Chuck the Artificer, bionics, and probably the Plasma Pistol too. Most definately the master-crafting, and the Krak grenades. Give him meltas and frags instead.

Quote:
(HQ)-Command Squad
Veteran Sergeant-Crusader Seals: Terminator Honors; Bolt Pistol; Power Sword; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Furious Charge-Total: 81 points
Veteran Marines-Terminator Honors; Crusader Seals; Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon (x5); Heavy Bolter (x1); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Furious Charge-Total: 219 points
Total: 300
Okay, these guys are way too expensive for what they are. First, drop the Kraks. Second, drop the Termie honors on everyone but the sarge. Then give the sarge a power fist instead of a sword. Also drop the heavy bolter. You want these guys to be configured for one purpose, either shooting or CC. CC is probably easier, and better, seeing as how they will accompany at least one of the IC&#39;s around, and both of them are geared for CC. I would recommend that you switch skills to Infiltrate, or keep Furious Charge and get them a Rhino. Don&#39;t forget to pay for skills on the ICs, too.

Quote:
(Elites)-Venerable Dreadnought-Walker; Venerable; Twin-Linked Lascannon; Dreadnought Power Fist; Heavy Flamer; Furious Charge; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers
Total: 173 points
Still too big, and WAY too flashy. Even though he is venerable, Vash&#39;s point stands. This guy is the only vehicle, so he&#39;ll take every heavy weapon of S6 or higher that your oppenent has on the first turn. Personally, if you want to make him venerable, drop the lascannon, stick with the assault cannon. Again, he needs to be specialized. Either stand at a distance and blast away, or close with and destroy the enemy. First option: lascannon and missile launcher, if you&#39;re gonna make him venerable, then take Tank Hunters. Second option, just drop the lascannon for the assault cannon, venerable too if you need to shave off points. Trust me, venerable won&#39;t save you too many times to be worth its points.

Quote:
(Elites)-Techmarine -Independent Character; Blessing of the Omnissiah; Crusader Seals; Holy Orb of Antioch; Servo Harness; Gun Servitor (x1: Plasma Cannon); Tech Servitor (x3); Signum; Storm Bolter
Total: 231 points
I don&#39;t have ANY experience at all with Techmarines, but this is close to how I would take him. Drop the Orb and servo-harness, change the tech servitors to gun servitors with heavy bolters. They can then lay down an impressive amount of firepower that way. Trying to repair with him is too hard, seeing as how he has to start the turn in contact with the vehicle, and neither of them can move. Vehicles are pretty much, by definition, supposed to be mobile.

Quote:
(Troops)-Crusader Squad-Crusader Seals; Krak Grenades; Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon (x1); x3 Bolters; Flamer (x1); Bolt Pistol & Power Weapon (x1)
Total: 142 points
Configure these guys in one of two ways: fire support or CC. If going fire support, then bolters for everyone, drop the kraks, seals and the flamer. Give them a heavy weapon (i.e. lascannon) and a plasma gun. If going CC, beef them up to at least 8 men, give them all pistols and CCWs, along with frags. Take either a flamer or a melta, along with a powerfist as your heavy weapon. Make sure to give them a transport of some kind (drop pod or rhino). Try to have them be accompanied by an IC (read Champion) if at all possible. Never take seals on a squad, heres why: to get the seals, everyone has to pay points. If you attach an IC, his seals will affect the entire squad until he&#39;s dead. Generally speaking, IC&#39;s will be the last one&#39;s in their squad to drop.

Quote:
(Troops)-Crusader Squad-Crusader Seals; Krak Grenades; Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon (x1); Bolters (x4); Missile Launcher (x1)
See previous point.

Quote:
(Troops)-Crusader Squad-Crusader Seals; Krak Grenades; Bolters (x4); Missile Launcher (x1); Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon (x1)
See previous point.

Quote:
(Fast Attack)-Black Templars Assault Squad-Melta Bombs; Frag Grenades; Combat Shield & Power Fist (x1); Plasma Pistol & Close Combat Weapon (x1); Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon (x3)-Total: 143 points
I know I&#39;ve told you this before: don&#39;t give the powerfist Initiate a storm shield. If you do, when you fail a storm shield save, he MUST be the model that is removed. The whole point of giving him the powerfist is to bury it inside of the squad. Other than that, I&#39;d just say get more men in the squad; right now, there&#39;s only 5, and they will die fast. Personally, I give my chaplain a jump pack and have him accompany my 8-man assault squad; forms a fast, hard-hitting unit.

Overall, I&#39;d say that this list needs a large amount of improvement. More vehicles are required to keep the Dreadnought from being nuked the first turn. More bodies are needed to give the squads survivability. The Chappy and Marshall are WAY too expensive. The squads need to be focused into specific roles. Fire support squads need heavy and special weapons, CC squads need more men and transportation (except for the assault squad, it just needs men). I&#39;d recommend investing in a Predator Destructor (or two); give it extra armor, smoke, and sponson bolters and this thing will lay down an immense amount of suppressive/cover fire. Rhinos will get your foot-based CC squads where they need to be quickly.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 09:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Posting stat-lines is against the board rules. I have removed them for you...

As for advice on your list; Titankiller hit the nail on the head. Sound and clear advice. (+1)
Closed Thread