Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000pt Iron Ravens List (bit-o'-fun)
Closed Thread
Old 21 Nov 2006, 10:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Adelaide <> Mt Gambier, SA, Australia
Posts: 746
Default 2000pt Iron Ravens List (bit-o'-fun)

Space Marine Army: 2000pt Iron Ravens Army
Traits: Purity Above All, Scions of Mars, Eye to Eye, Death Before Dishonour

HQ

Commander (Chapter Master)
Thunder Hammer
Articifer Armour
Bionics
Master-Crafted Power Weapon3
Purity Seals
Iron Halo

Total: 190


ELITES

Terminator Assault Squad
x3 Pairs of Lightining Claws
x2 Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields

sergeant
Pair of Lightning Claws

x6 Furious Charg
Total: 263


Dreadnought

Multi-Melta
Venerable
Furious Assault
Drop Pod
Deathwind Launcher
Total: 195


Techmarine

Full Servo-Harness
Bionics
Master-Crafted Power Weapon
Terminator Armour
Storm Bolter
Total: 150


TROOPS

Tactical Squad (10 models)
Plasma Gun
Missile Launcher
Sergeant
Terminator Honours Apothecary Upgrade
Pair of Lightning Claws
Bionics
Purity Seals
Terminator Armour

Rhino Transport

Extra Armour
Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter

Total: 330


Tactical Squad (10 models)
Plasma Gun
Missile Launcher
Sergeant
Terminator Honours Apothecary Upgrade
Pair of Lightning Claws
Bionics
Purity Seals
Terminator Armour

Rhino Transport

Extra Armour
Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter

Total: 330


FAST ATTACK

Land Speeder Tempest

Total: 120


HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator Anihilator

Lascannon Sponsons

Total:145


Land Raider Crusader

Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter
Total: 275


GRAND TOTAL:1998 pts

-----------
when I wrote this list and organised the trait selection in a way that I would not have normally done, for a bit of fun. I would never have selected purity above all, and I wouldn&#39;t pick Scions of mars so that I could use terminator armour on my sergeants. I would not normally make a mechanised army, and very rarely would I make an army so cheesy, I mean terminator apothecary sergeants, but anyway, it was a bit of fun, and it turned out kinda cool. So don&#39;t post about how cheesy it is, but do make comments of unit gear and composition if you feel it necessary to do so. but mostly this post is to inspire you to make a Smurf list with traits you wouldn&#39;t usually do, go out there and do something different!

PS I wasn&#39;t sure if I should leave out the wargear points and such on my list, so if I did the wrong thing, just make a post and let me know and I will modify the post. Thanks!



__________________
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline  
Old 21 Nov 2006, 11:56   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here. There. Everywhere.
Posts: 10,710
Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: 2000pt Iron Ravens List (bit-o'-fun)

Ok, a few points to be made.

First of all, posting individual points costs is illegal, I suggest you edit that before a mod sees it.

Second of all, a Terminator can&#39;t be mounted in a Rhino which means your squads can&#39;t use their transports.

Thirdly, your apothecaries are built for combat, yet if they are engaged they can&#39;t use the narthecium anyway.

Fourth, the Land Raider is a HUGE points sink. It will almost certainly be blown up on Turn 1.

Fifth, the commander doesn&#39;t make sense to me, why master craft his power weapon? Give him a bolt pistol and master craft his thunderhammer. Also, I recommend putting him in Terminator Armour and giving him Adamantine Mantle. This improves his survivability and allows him to join your Assault Terminators. At the minute he&#39;d have to stay as an Independent character.

Sixth, I doubt the efficiency of the Deathwind launcher. It&#39;s a one shot, large blast frag missile at BS2. This will, at the very best, kill a squad of guardsmen if you are exceptionally lucky.

Seventh, I also doubt the efficiency of the techmarine. Just how useful will he really be considering that he has to start the turn in base contact to repair the vehicle?

Eighth, I suggest dropping the purity seals on your Tactical squads as IIRC the sergeant stops them benefitting from it. This also means that the commander would have to lose it as well if you take my advice regarding the terminator armour and adamantine mantle.
__________________
May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visuality (film)
Oh come on, just because I&#39;m carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn&#39;t mean we still can&#39;t be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I&#39;m minnie, meaning I&#39;m sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don&#39;t get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I&#39;m paranoid doesn&#39;t mean they&#39;re not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline  
Old 21 Nov 2006, 13:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,087
Default Re: 2000pt Iron Ravens List (bit-o'-fun)

The individual points costs have been removed.

If you are unsure if you can post anything then I suggest you should first look at the stickies in the board and if you can&#39;t find an answer in there then you can contact any moderator and ask him.

Board Guidelines and Rules.

Frame for posting army lists.

These are stickied for a reason... :

Stam is offline  
Old 22 Nov 2006, 04:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Adelaide <> Mt Gambier, SA, Australia
Posts: 746
Default Re: 2000pt Iron Ravens List (bit-o'-fun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout Sergeant Mkoll
First of all, posting individual points costs is illegal, I suggest you edit that before a mod sees it. -&gt; sorry, it was a late night...sorry Mkoll & Stam

Second of all, a Terminator can&#39;t be mounted in a Rhino which means your squads can&#39;t use their transports. -&gt; ah forgot &#39;bout that

Thirdly, your apothecaries are built for combat, yet if they are engaged they can&#39;t use the narthecium anyway. -&gt; well, yeah

Fourth, the Land Raider is a HUGE points sink. It will almost certainly be blown up on Turn 1. -&gt;well I spose so, but I really wanted one

Fifth, the commander doesn&#39;t make sense to me, why master craft his power weapon? Give him a bolt pistol and master craft his thunderhammer. Also, I recommend putting him in Terminator Armour and giving him Adamantine Mantle. This improves his survivability and allows him to join your Assault Terminators. At the minute he&#39;d have to stay as an Independent character. -&gt; I only had a few points left so I master crafted it, and I can still join him to the termies, just cos he ain&#39;t wearin&#39; it doesn&#39;t mean he can&#39;t be with them

Sixth, I doubt the efficiency of the Deathwind launcher. It&#39;s a one shot, large blast frag missile at BS2. This will, at the very best, kill a squad of guardsmen if you are exceptionally lucky. -&gt; I may scratch that off the list

Seventh, I also doubt the efficiency of the techmarine. Just how useful will he really be considering that he has to start the turn in base contact to repair the vehicle? -&gt; he was gonna go off and play trick-or-combat with the commander and the termies

Eighth, I suggest dropping the purity seals on your Tactical squads as IIRC the sergeant stops them benefitting from it. This also means that the commander would have to lose it as well if you take my advice regarding the terminator armour and adamantine mantle. -&gt; what is "IIRC"? and why would anyone not benefit from the seals?
__________________
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline  
Old 22 Nov 2006, 08:21   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here. There. Everywhere.
Posts: 10,710
Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: 2000pt Iron Ravens List (bit-o'-fun)

OK, first of all "IIRC" means "If I Remember Correctly".

Erm, ok, first of all, if I am correct the rule is that models can only join terminator squads if they are wearing terminator armour. If not then I apologize and this point can be ignored.

Secondly, nobody would benefit from the seals IIRC because terminators can&#39;t use them and therefore a unit containing terminators will not benefit, due to the "move at the rate of the slowest model" rule.

I don&#39;t disagree with your point on the drop pod as a whole, just the deathwind upgrade. Personally I think the drop pod itself is very useful.

So you put in a Techmarine for combat when you could have had more Assault Terminators? An Assault Terminator is always a better option because they have the invulnerable save which a Techamrine can&#39;t get. That and you can get either a basic 10-man Tactical squad or 3 Terminators for the points of that single Techmarine. Personally I&#39;d take the Marines or Terminators any day. I recommend boosting the size of the Assault Terminator squad to 9, then if you decide to put your commander in Terminator Armour he can join the squad as well. Granted they won&#39;t be able to fit in the Land Raider, but they can just march up the field drawing fire anyway, that or deepstrike.

As for those apothecaries, what are you going to do with them? You can&#39;t really afford to have them made for combat AND healing. It&#39;s too big a points sink. You need to make a decision about them. Personally, I like the idea of apothecaries in each squad, but I also like the idea of a sergeant that can rip through a squad on his own. I believe that the combat prowess may serve you better here as you only have 2 Tactical squads and therefore need them to be as useful as possible.
__________________
May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visuality (film)
Oh come on, just because I&#39;m carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn&#39;t mean we still can&#39;t be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I&#39;m minnie, meaning I&#39;m sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don&#39;t get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I&#39;m paranoid doesn&#39;t mean they&#39;re not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline  
Old 22 Nov 2006, 09:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Adelaide <> Mt Gambier, SA, Australia
Posts: 746
Default Re: 2000pt Iron Ravens List (bit-o'-fun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Erm, ok, first of all, if I am correct the rule is that models can only join terminator squads if they are wearing terminator armour. If not then I apologize and this point can be ignored.

Secondly, nobody would benefit from the seals IIRC because terminators can&#39;t use them and therefore a unit containing terminators will not benefit, due to the "move at the rate of the slowest model" rule.

I don&#39;t disagree with your point on the drop pod as a whole, just the deathwind upgrade. Personally I think the drop pod itself is very useful.
-Terminator models can take purity seals
-A unit not composed entirely of terminators will only have the disadvantage of being slowed down, i.e cannot sweeping advance IIRC (he he he)
-and I didn&#39;t mean I&#39;d scratch the drop pod, just the deathwind launcher

I think it needs a bit of a do-over all up, but as I said it was just a bit of fun I came up with while on a long car trip.
__________________
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline  
Old 22 Nov 2006, 13:23   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here. There. Everywhere.
Posts: 10,710
Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: 2000pt Iron Ravens List (bit-o'-fun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas O Dalyth Montau
-Terminator models can take purity seals
-A unit not composed entirely of terminators will only have the disadvantage of being slowed down, i.e cannot sweeping advance IIRC (he he he)
-and I didn&#39;t mean I&#39;d scratch the drop pod, just the deathwind launcher

I think it needs a bit of a do-over all up, but as I said it was just a bit of fun I came up with while on a long car trip.
Ok, first of all I apologize. It&#39;s been a while since I actually looked at a Marine codex. (as in several months)

Your second point I believe to be correct considering what I&#39;ve just been told about Terminator models and Purity Seals.

Thirdly, fair enough. In which case I misinterpreted your post.

Yes this list needs a bit of work, but that&#39;s what we&#39;re here for. I personally think you need more Marines in this list. At present your model count is: 20 Marines, 6 Terminators, 1 Commander, 1 Techmarine, 1 Walker, 1 Skimmer, 2 Transports, 1 Battle Tank and 1 Battle Tank/Transport. Personally i think you lack numbers. Drastically. I recommend dropping the Land Raider and the Rhinos and getting more Marines. Either Tactical Marines or Assault Marines or even a Veteran squad. A 10 man Assault/Veteran Squad can be deadly. A 10 man Tacital squad gives you more versatility.

If you were to get a 10 man Assault/Veteran Squad and equip them for combat then they have the potential to devastate an opponent&#39;s plans, as does an Assault Squad. You build these guys for combat and use them to hold your line against a combat army and your opponent will almost certainly have a hard time breaking them. you use them to advance against a shooty army and they will start hacking their way through the lines. Against a hybrid force they can fulfil either role. You really do get your points worth with these types of squads but they are rarely seen. It might be worth considering.
__________________
May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visuality (film)
Oh come on, just because I&#39;m carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn&#39;t mean we still can&#39;t be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I&#39;m minnie, meaning I&#39;m sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don&#39;t get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I&#39;m paranoid doesn&#39;t mean they&#39;re not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline  
Old 22 Nov 2006, 19:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Adelaide <> Mt Gambier, SA, Australia
Posts: 746
Default Re: 2000pt Iron Ravens List (bit-o'-fun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Ok, first of all I apologize. It&#39;s been a while since I actually looked at a Marine codex. (as in several months)
first of all, thats quite alright, we all forget things (&#39;tis only human )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Yes this list needs a bit of work, but that&#39;s what we&#39;re here for. I personally think you need more Marines in this list. At present your model count is: 20 Marines, 6 Terminators, 1 Commander, 1 Techmarine, 1 Walker, 1 Skimmer, 2 Transports, 1 Battle Tank and 1 Battle Tank/Transport. Personally i think you lack numbers. Drastically. I recommend dropping the Land Raider and the Rhinos and getting more Marines. Either Tactical Marines or Assault Marines or even a Veteran squad. A 10 man Assault/Veteran Squad can be deadly. A 10 man Tacital squad gives you more versatility.

If you were to get a 10 man Assault/Veteran Squad and equip them for combat then they have the potential to devastate an opponent&#39;s plans, as does an Assault Squad. You build these guys for combat and use them to hold your line against a combat army and your opponent will almost certainly have a hard time breaking them. you use them to advance against a shooty army and they will start hacking their way through the lines. Against a hybrid force they can fulfil either role. You really do get your points worth with these types of squads but they are rarely seen. It might be worth considering.
now that I have found so many flaws in this list I can work up my chapter a bit, I will explain

you would have gathered by the post name that my chapter is called the "Iron Ravens", this chapter has been coalescing in my brain for quite some time now, and I eventually came around to it again after I painted my handmade rhino in my chapter&#39;s colours (see the conversion board if you want to see it, I&#39;ve yet to send pics of it painted but you&#39;ll get the idea). The thing is, I want it to be a traits army but I don&#39;t know which combo of traits I want to use, the traits I used fro this list is about one of four combo&#39;s I designed.
I have the chapters name and a paint scheme, the only thing I am lacking is a firm decision on the traits to use.

anyway, I will write a new list with different traits in the future and start a new topic.
__________________
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanilla Marines 2000pt "Iron Gauntlet" List Harlequin2 Space Marines Army Lists 2 05 May 2010 16:43
2000pt Iron Warriors List Death-Merchant Chaos Army Lists 10 29 Jun 2007 20:31
Val'daroths Legions of Iron {Iron Warriors 1000pt list} pettsy Forces of Chaos 7 03 May 2006 19:04
The Iron Ravens O-Shova-Kais Space Marines 8 26 Nov 2004 06:37